Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-12-2009, 09:48 PM   #1  

Default Any idea how I can lose these lumps?

When I was about 13, thats when I started to gain weight, but I have this roll of fat I guess, right below my breasts, and I've never been able to get rid of it, and I don't know if its just fat or something else ;__;

Any ideas?

Any ideas how I can rid of it soon?
Ketchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 09:53 PM   #2  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

The ab workout that I do (one of the segments on 10 Minute Solutions: Target Toning for Beginners -- I get it for free with my Netflix account under the Watch Instantly tab) has an exercise that might get that. It's essentially a crunch, but you pretty much point your chin at the ceiling and concentrate on lifting from the rib cage. Much more of a straight up move than a sit-up.
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 12:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Crunches and other exercises might build muscle and help you look more toned, but they don't reduce fat. It's impossible to spot reduce fat.

The best way to lose fat is through diet and cardio.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 07:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/198.5/140

Height: 5'6"

Ketchup
You describe these areas as lumps or rolls. If the area is more like a roll with the tissue under smooth then this would most likely just be an area where fat deposits on you. It is common in people that are more apple shaped or don't have a well defined waist. To make this go away, you will diet and exercise. As your total body fat percentage goes down, so too will this area decrease.

On the other hand, if the area is more like a lump or lumpy then it can be tissue growth that is not standard formation. If that is the case then you would see your doctor to identify what type of tissue it is and discuss removal if medically needed or cosmetically wanted.
babybluess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:03 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 264.5/177/165

Height: 5"5

Hmm I have had this same lumps/rolls. But strangely enough I'm not an apple shape, I do have a defined waist and when measuring I am a comfy pear. However, since I started losing weight 6 weeks ago they have really gone down, the one on my right hand side has pretty much disappeared, and the one on my left is going. I've just been doing alot of walking and watching what I eat. I don't think you can spot reduce but you can help by keeping active.
good luck!!!
SoulSurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:37 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I lose weight from the bra band down first.

At my highest weight, I feel like my abdomen is encroaching on my boob space Or that my bust is sitting on my belly. That fullness, short of breath feeling is the first thing to go. And it only took about ten pounds.

I'm a staight 8 or narrow hourglass. Shoulders and hips the same but middle thinner ... not by much, but thinner.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote