3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   The 21 Day Challenge: Making Healthy Habits #5 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/18007-21-day-challenge-making-healthy-habits-5-a.html)

Amarantha2 07-19-2002 10:29 AM

Eydie: I am invoking the Goddess even as I type (and I am very serious about that as this is where my spirituality lies). Truly, you said it: "People survive cancer all the time!" Sometimes we take that "C" word and infuse it with a power it doesn't have, though it is hard not to and it is very serious. I was thinking of all the people I know who have had cancer scares and are well and happy and I was thinking that I don't actually know one single person who has had cancer and not survived it.

I pray your biopsy will be favorable and you won't have to do chemo (which is far less troublesome than it used to be), but either way I pray you enter this journey with a Shield of Positivity raised high and the Sword of Humor at the ready.

Please keep posting updates! :)

Punkinseed 07-19-2002 10:50 AM

Hello all and Happy Friday!

Itty bitty fire update - apparently the news screwed up one tiny fact yesterday. Our fires did NOT merge. The one that was threatening us is 90% contained and the other is 65% contained and working it's way away from us. I hesitate to say all is well, so I'll say all is much, MUCH better. Next week the National Guard and Army are coming in. Firefighters say that fires sometimes seem alive with minds of their own, well, I think the fire's about to get its' obnoxious little butt kicked...

Eydie - You are in my thoughts and prayers. I am so sorry you're having to go through this. I agree there's probably some life-lesson to be had here, something like "enjoy every day" or something momentus like that. It just sucks that we have to go through something so scarey to get the lesson. May who you hold as Divine bless you and keep you during this time. Please remember, like Babette said, people survive cancer all the time! One of my massage clients had breast cancer and I remember her saying "I have cancer, cancer doesn't have me". DO keep us updated!

Cindelier - Thanks for the excerpt! I lot of great ideas that I'd never thought of (believe me I thought I'd heard them all...).

Upandaway - I honestly don't know how I could achieve any kind of calm or even manage to sleep last weekend - but I did, albeit, with one eye open.
This week is better because we've got a better idea of what's happening and we've got a plan should we have to leave (which it appears we won't). I was way more scared at the prospect of evacuation when I didn't have a plan. Now I know I'd do A, B then C and get in my car and leave (keeping my gas tank full for the next few weeks).
I also have a tree cutting service coming in to trim back a few trees around my house and property. It turns out that in the area where the 18 houses burned down, only 1 out of 10 were defendable from the fire. That means 9 out of 10 houses were fire hazzards. I'm sorry the people lost their homes, but to have brush right up to your home and trees growing OVER your roof in this area is just plain stupid. Well, they taught others lessons I hope...

That's all for now. I don't *even* want to talk about what I ate yesterday (stress binge, damned Pop-tarts) but I know I'll get a handle on it again soon, very soon, like TODAY!
Have a great weekend all and Eydie, know we'll all be thinking about you!

Terri

Wildfire 07-19-2002 03:20 PM

((((Eydie)))) Although it sounds as though this is completely treatable, I can imagine all the emotions that you are going through. Come vent here anytime you need to, and keep us posted about your treatment. Cancer is a frightening word, be it any kind of cancer. Put this in the hands of the Goddess and she will guide you through it. The rest of us are here to help however we can!

Punkin, glad to hear the fires are being contained for the most part. I hope the air clears soon!

Hello to everyone else! I have to get back to packing...the movers arrive at 8am tomorrow!

upandaway 07-19-2002 04:18 PM

Dust a quick drive-by post to send loving wishes and prayers for you Eydie. I can't begin to imagine myself in your shoes but I completely agree with Q. Amarantha, remain positive and don't lose your sense of humor, even when nothing seems funny. We're here for you,
upandaway

Kaylets 07-19-2002 07:17 PM

Friday early evening

Hello all --

Eydie,
Let me also extend my support- Yes, please still come to vent-
I hope you feel if this is a safe place. We certainly are an opinionated block but we all share a desire to be supportive--

Don't ever be shy about leaning on us!!!!

If I may offer a suggestion and its only a suggestion.....
This may sound weird but -- take what everyone tells you with a big grain of salt--
You will be getting all kinds of unsolicited advice from family, friends, clerks, etc. etc. Some folks just don't know what to say, and will tell you things about some cure their cousin found and etc. Other folks might have personal experience but it may not relate to you. You're going to be hearing so many things to do or not do, just do what feels right to you.

I hope everyone can take a chance this weekend to do something they really enjoy- we deserve it!!!!!

We have tried as hard as we could to meet our challenges and deserve doing something we enjoy.

I am yardsaling in the am and see where that leads. I may have to venture out to the mall as I have a baby shower to go to on Sunday but I guess the walk wouldnt hurt either.

I'll stop by later to see what's going on--

There are lots of health message boards out there- I follow a diabetes one for info for my husband-

brighterdays 07-20-2002 11:07 AM

Hi all,

After many computer problems, I can post again.

Eydie, hang in there. Cancer is definitely curable, much more these days than in days past. You have an excellent chance of beating this, you know. Most people that I know, that have had an easier time making it thru, have eaten well (even when they didn't feel like eating) and kept their bodies strong to heal after surgery/radiation/chemotherapy. Your job right now is to do what you have been doing all along: eat well (make sure you have protein and vitamins to help with healing), exercise, and keep the people you love close to you for emotional support. My thoughts and prayers are with you....I feel your anxiety but I sense you are a strong woman and you can do this.

All those women in the pink shirts in ST. LOUIS last month for the Susan B. Komen Walk come to mind....the strongest, healthiest people I've ever seen walking in that HEAT! That's survival, girl..... that's survival. :cp:

katrinabgood 07-20-2002 04:11 PM

For Eydie...

I haven't been here in a while...tried to catch up today and saw all the good wishes for Eydie...I scrolled back to see what had happened...I had to get through LOTS of good, positive thoughts for you, Eydie...and here are some more...you are in my prayers and in my thoughts...hold on tight to all the positive energy being sent your way. A diagnosis of cancer SUCKS, but it is not a death sentence. It sounds like it was caught early, Thank God. I work in a hospital and see SO many people who are survivors...patients AND co-workers. And guess what? They come back even stronger and with such a joy for living...I know you will do the same.

All my best to you...

Kaylets 07-20-2002 08:29 PM

Saturday PM

Hello all!

Spent nearly all day yardsaling or in stores. We stopped for lunch at an Indian resturant to meet our "new" food each week challenge. We were hoping to find a dish made from Chana dall. I had read some studies that this "bean" (pea?) had a very, very low glycemic level and wanted to give it a try. I did enjoy Tandori Chicken as well as chickpeas prepared two different ways. My dh was thrilled because he found spicy foods on the buffet.

Almost got all my water in -going to do my best to get at least another bottle down before bed- I know what will happen but I do see better results on the scale when I drink more than 90 oz.

Maybe I'll call someone who will talk for a long time and I'll sip as I'm listening-

I finally heard " When I'm Lying Next to You". My husband's car radio is set to country so I get caught up when I'm in his car.

and I tried my girlfriend's hairdresser this afternoon and thought the highlights came out great until I was looking in my mirror at home. BRIGHT!!!!! at least not white Marilyn Monroe platinum -but BRIGHT !!!!

Dh and I saw a diet book for sale " lose weight fast..." we both turned to each other and said, "Is there a picture of boy in here?"
We're still chuckling about that one--

Goodnight all!!

deleted2 07-21-2002 12:53 PM

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Many thanks to all who responded to my post. I think I came to a crisis in my awful fear of this thing--woke up in the night in a blind panic, a true anxiety attack, and my husband helped me find my breath again, paced the floor with me and took me for a midnight walk under the stars and the beautiful moon. I feel calmer today and resolved to continue taking care of myself. I HAVE to continue exercising and eating well and visualizing my healing.

Haven't been eating much at all lately--and that has to change. I feel quite weak and sleepy. I'm so emotionally drained. I don't know if I mentioned that I have an appointment with an oncologist Wednesday and I can't wait to get more information. Wed. seems so far away. Maybe my body would just as soon sleep till wednesday?

Good news is it looks like I may drop a few pounds from this. Food is the furthest thing from my mind! :lol: And the food I do want is only the best and purest I can get. Any desire for junk is gone!

Keep those prayers coming--I can feel it! :)

Love to all!

Punkinseed 07-22-2002 02:02 PM

Hello all!

The weekend was WAY too short... Saturday Mom and I went to the annual draft horse show in then off to a Pampered Chef party. Then Sunday my exercise was learning how to drive a big 'ol tractor!!!! :strong: It was SO cool and SO empowering!!! My stepfather told me I was better at it than my Mom - didn't make her too happy... :p I got tons of dirt moved on my 5 acre haven - still more to do, but now that I'm a tractor drivin' woman I can do it!!
Still, long weekend, but went by too fast.

Brighterdays - I know what you mean about seeing all those shirts. We walk in the Sara Fisher Foundation breast cancer walk here in central Oregon every year and every year I get teary just seeing SO many people. On the backs of our shirts you see pinned "in honor of" or "in memory of" or "survivor" - it's so incredibly moving.

I'm up 1/2 pound. No big shock though since I've been eating all the stress of our local fires - which are now of no threat to us. However, we're supposed to get dry lightning on and off for 3 days. Say a prayer will ya? We do NOT need this... over 220,000 acres are already on fire in Oregon.

Today is also my day to recommit myself. I'm beginning anew before I blow it all to he!!. I've gotten lazy and careless and it will stop today. No longer will it take me *3 months* to loose 5 pounds (I said "slow and healthy" but this is crazy!).

(((Eydie))) - Wednesday will be here before you know it. What time is your appointment if I may ask?? I'd like to keep you in my thoughts if you don't mind (I always ask permission before throwing my prayers on people!). Take care and breeeeeathe....

Much love all, and happy Monday,

Terri

Arabella 07-22-2002 03:31 PM

Do I have to call on Barry White once more?

All right... back by popular demand, here's Barry:

C'mon over to Thread # 6... it's safe --- and SEXY!!! Ooohhhh BABY!!! :love: