Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-17-2009, 03:31 PM   #1  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

Default need opinions... weighing after illness

so two weeks ago my weight stayed the same (180.8), then went up two lb last week ( 182.8). i think that was water weight tho b/c i was weighing every morning and 1.5 (181) of it went away in 3 days. yesterday, i had the stomach flu. tomorrow is weigh day and i cant decide if i want to or not?

i know that the scale will show a drop (last night i stepped on it just for the heck of it and my fully clothed night weight was only a pound over my weight 2 weeks ago (181.8).

so heres my issue. i could really use the boost in morale of seeing the numbers drop, but i also know this could lead to disappointment in the next few weeks because a lot of it will be water weight that i will gain right back.

opinions?
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 03:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

In my opinion, you should weigh yourself in a week, after your body gets a chance to balance itself out. Of course, it is entirely up to you
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 192+,size16/ 164,12/ 150,10

Height: 5'7"

I weighed myself once after being sick and was thrilled to be down three pounds from the previous week. Understand that when I am actively trying to lose weight, I am lucky to lose a pound or two a month ... Well, the following week, the three pounds were back. I wish I had just skipped the week following my illness because the disappointment in "gaining" three pounds was more intense than the thrill of "losing" three pounds.
sf40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

The last time I was sick, the scale was up 4 lbs. It wooshed away eventually.

Definitely chart your weight loss and look at it over time. Isolated numbers can be weird blips or aberrations. I had so many I really had to focus on the big picture.

Try not to get wrapped up in the scale, you can't control the scale. Stay focused on what you can control. The scale can be an emotional rollercoaster and being discouraged can seriously derail your progress.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:24 AM   #5  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

yeah i think im going to hold off a week. round two of the flu just hit tonight so i know my weight is going to be WAY low tomorrow morning. then ill just be disappointed when im gaining a ton next week.
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:53 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 231/229/208 (first goal) /129

Height: 5ft5" ish.

I'd hold off. Every time I've had stomach flu I loose 7lbs+ and it looks great to see that weightloss, but I know that when I next get weighed it will be up by about 4lbs if not more.
nicki reborn is offline   Reply With Quote