Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-25-2009, 10:14 AM   #1  

Default 2 Weeks in and gaining weight - HELP

Has anyone else gained weight on Sugar Busters? I am 2 weeks in, going to gym (mostly cardio) regularly and following diet religiously. I have gained 3 pounds so far and my clothes are getting tighter. Have given up diet soda for water - don't know what else to do. Any suggestions?
JEPGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:20 AM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I'm not sure what sugar busters are- BUT are you drinking enough water? Also how many calories a day are you eating?
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

I can't vouch for sugar busters as I have never tried it, but I have never had any lasting success with any fad diets. Sure the weight may come off fast with some but you don't really learn to eat properly or tackle the eating problems you may have had...it is rather like a band-aid to cover up the problem temporarily....the best success I have had has been to eat a variety of foods and just watch my calories while exercising...this way I don't deny myself any one food...rather I just learn to limit myself to things that aren't as nutritious and really limit fast food and junk...but they aren't OFF limits....If I want to eat a candy bar I may half one with the hubby or eat a whole one...but then it get right back on track
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:34 AM   #4  
we can do this!

This might be a little personal, but is it your TOM? My weight tends to go kind of psycho around that time. I've heard it can be just water weight and that your weight can fluctuate quite a bit from day to day. I'm obviously not a doctor or anything, but if you're exercising and eating well, you'll get over the frustrating hump.

Good luck!
goinskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:02 AM   #5  

Default 2 Weeks in - thanks for replys

Dr put me on Sugar Busters to help with pre-diabetes. It is basically Atkins with no sugar. Supposedly, according to books, there is supposed to be dramatic weight loss. I am drinking nothing but water - there is no TOM - had hysterectomy 29 years ago - am at less than 1200 calories per day. Any other ideas? I am really stumped.
JEPGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:37 AM   #6  

There are a lot of factors that could contribute to this weight gain and although many people lose easily lose on a protein/atkins style diet, not everyone responds to it. I've personally gone on an atkins style diet several times in the past and followed it strictly and lost absolutely nothing. I've successfully lost over 90 pounds on a moderate diet that includes all food groups though. If you are gaining, it could be because you've placed your body into an immediate change that includes a drastic diet change and accelerated exercise that can have the effect of putting your body into a starvation mode. You may want to temporarily ease up on the exercise for a week to see if your body responds then return to the exercise. This also may be a tempory response and you could see a drop in the next week as your body adjusts to the new program. Also, the atkins style diets work better when you moderate your fat intake. Your body will go to your fat stores once it's used up what you've consumed. If you've consumed high levels of fat in a day, your body doesn't need to access its own fat stores. I hope this helps. Good luck.
leslieeisener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:42 AM   #7  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Sugar Busters isn't a fad diet. If you have questions about how you're doing on the plan, then ask your DOCTOR--he or she is the one who has put you on it.

Here is a link to the Sugar Busters site with some Newbie Tips:

http://www.sugarbusters.com/filessb/newbietips.htm

From what I know about Sugar Busters, you should not be restricting calories to 1200. Don't try to do more than one program at a time...

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote