Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-09-2009, 06:14 PM   #1  
Rubber Ducky

S/C/G: 341/307/135

Default Weight loss doesn't help...

...MY EGO.

I always found it ironic that a few months ago, I weighed 341 lbs. And one would think I felt bad about myself, that I thought I was gross. But the truth is, I never saw myself as obese, fat or overweight.... I was just the way I was. For me, weight loss came when I got over my issues on why I abused food to fill full as a person. I finally admitted what I was hiding from and that's how I got on track. However, the biggest thing about me was my ego. I've always thought highly of myself, knew what I was capable of, etc.

And now that I'm 30lbs down, my ego is even bigger than it has ever been. Guys notice me, and I'll wink as I strut pass them. My confidence is even higher, etc. Any one else have an ego burst?

I guess I'm sharing this because I find it ironic that I've always had a big head, even at my highest weight. The stereotype is that overweight people are all miserable, down on themselves, etc, and that just isn't true.

The point of this post: Weight loss decreases my pants size, but not the way I feel about myself. I decided that other people don't get to decide how I feel. Be confident with who you are, even if you're 350 lbs or 135 lbs. And please keep me in check if I get too full of myself.
glitterducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 06:26 PM   #2  
No Fear

S/C/G: 294.6/294.6/280

Height: 5''3

For me ,it does.My highest weight at one time was335,and I was very selfconscious.I still am.I think it has to do how we are brought up. I was always heavy as a child,and always made to feel I was not good enough. I don't think my mother did it on purpose. But,putting a6-7 yr. old on diet is not a good thing.I wasn't allowed what other people were having. I used to get yelled at if I ate a snack at school,and she found out. I do forgive her,becauseshe was doing what she thoughtshe knew would help me.But,that is when we develop our self-imageof ourself.

Last edited by Tracy; 06-09-2009 at 06:28 PM.
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 06:26 PM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I am overweight and I still love my body. I see women who are thin and STILL have body issues. I think being thin doesn't mean you are going to love yourself and have no more issues. Unless you learn to love yourself for who you are no matter what you are going to have issues with your body!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 06:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Well you know, confidence is appealing, and people are attracted to it extra weight or no extra weight, doesn't matter. I think it's something you need to hold onto and cherish, you've already won the self-esteem battle, it can only go up from here! JMHO
Leeesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 06:29 PM   #5  

Being overweight is ok, so long as you pay attention on what you are eating.
Sophia Elise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:17 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 87.1kg/82.3/67

Height: 164cms

glittyducky, this post made me really smile! so glad to read someone feeling happy about themselves - be proud of yourself and strut around, hopefully your good energy will be infectious to other people too!

congrats on your weightloss as well, wonderful work!
yoursummerdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:41 AM   #7  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

I loved reading your post. I wasted soooo much of my time and energy feeling bad about how I looked, and I felt like my looks determined my worth, sheesh.

I feel like accepting of my body at whatever weight it may be doesn't mean that I'm not working to lose weight, or make it better. Just means I want to feel ok about myself at any weight. That's a work in progress.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:42 AM   #8  

S/C/G: HW 176/SW 163/CW ticker/GW 120

Height: 5'4"

that's so fantastic! i wish i had that confidence no matter what. though i will say that the weight loss is definitely getting things back on the right track for me. there are some days now when i actually get dressed up to go out and i think to myself, "ya know, i think i'm actually lookin' pretty darn cute today." and i promise you i wasn't having those thoughts last time i was at this weight. so progress is being made here, and not just on my bod.
sws19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:59 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 287/277/150

Height: 5'8"

You know, I think another aspect to this is that you feel good about yourself when you take care of yourself. I have lost about 8 lbs in the last 3 weeks and I'm really happy with that. But, I know that those 8lbs aren't showing in my waist or legs or hips...etc. But, my confidence has grown in huge amounts because I am taking the time to care for ME and I know I'm doing what I need to in order to be healthy.

I think being healthy is sexy.....and so I'm as sexy as they get!

Michelle (too new for a signature)
A phat chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:35 PM   #10  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

I am glad you have this kind of confidence in yourself no matter your weight! I don't have it when I am at my heavier weights. I am becoming more confident as the scale moves down each day. Every time I put on smaller better fitting clothes I feel a new rush of confidence in myself. I am in my 40's and all of a sudden I am getting compliments and whistles from men as I walk past. This is definitely a confidence builder for an old married lady!
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote