Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-02-2009, 06:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/lost 140+ lbs/125

Default water retension & motivation on weight gain!!

Huh!

My diet buddy thought yesterday when she saw my post on my "weight gain," that maybe it was water retension due to sore muscles from lifting new, heavier weights last week.

So, I thought I'd break protocol and weigh myself again this tuesday morning.... I'm back to my original 170.8 lb weight!

All I gotta do now is continue onward and see if I can drop a pesky pound and reach the 160s next week! I know I may not lose a pound, but it's sure great motivation to see this!!!!

Thanks everybody for your comments yesterday!!! You're a great bunch of 3fatchickies!

~ tea
teawithsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 06:35 PM   #2  

I haven't check my weight lately. Hmmm. I guess I'm not giving much attention on my health. My bad.
Sophia Elise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Glad to hear the weight whooshed away again!

Of course, it is very difficult to know WHY it came on and then off again... but that certainly happens a lot! Just more reason to keep a little chill when considering the scale...

Last edited by Heather; 06-02-2009 at 07:53 PM.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: HW193/See Ticker/128

Height: 5'5"

Good for you, Tea!!!

I tend to do that also, gain about a pound after exercise. I noticed it the other week when I decided to check my weight after my nightly workout before going to bed. I was like what the heck!?!?! Then I realized what was happening because the next morning that pound plus some was gone.

I juggle my workouts once in the early day and again at night because with 3 children, I just don't have time to sit on a bike for an hour and then the treadmill for 40 more minutes. Add to that the strength training and I would have to hire a babysitter, haha. I decided to check it after my morning workout several days ago and it doesn't happen then, only during the nightly workout.

Like I said earlier; our bodies can do some very strange things for whatever reason.

At least now you know when you move up in weights to possibly expect this.

I know everyone says not to dwell on it and move forward, but I know it must have been frustrating when you know you did everything right. And aparently you did!
Niecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:50 PM   #5  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Hang in there! You WILL get out the pesky 170s soon enough. I hope to join you when my %#@$%$ body cooperates!
You go, girl!
Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:20 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/166.5/131

Height: 5'3

you can do it!
mizmizzy is offline   Reply With Quote