Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-19-2009, 06:09 PM   #1  

Height: 5' 3"

Default I slipped in my diet! Need Support

I have been very good for the past 2 weeks & lost 2.5 pounds. Yesterday I skipped exercise and I was feeling low. Today I am having a very busy workday and had no time to get out for my regular workout during lunch hour . On top of that, I ate a 2 cookies (around 300 cals I think).. I feel terrible... like I have failed somehow... Or maybe me losing the 2.5 lbs went to my head.. I need your support... Please help me get back on track
willgethealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 06:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 353.6/344.6/180

Height: 5' 9"

Wel, I was just like you 2 weeks ago, doin awesome and losing weight. I slipped up, and I felt awful..well then I was totally off plan for a whole week, and gained 3 pounds, now Im back on track..with 3 extra pounds to lose..SO...moral of the story: DONT let it get you down, and FORGET that you ate those cookies..it will only continue to bug you. Eat a sensible, healthy dinner, and if at all possible, squeeze in a workout dvd at home, go for a quick powerwalk, or if time is really an issue, do 50-100 jumping jacks..it gets your HR up and its so better than nothing! It might make you feel more productive, and encourage you to stay on plan for the rest of the week. Tomorrow is a NEW day, a clean slate, so please dont let the slip up cause you to fall away for your plan. SLIPS are fixable, Falls, are much worse.
Good luck hun, and do those jumping jacks, im telling you it works!
tlp06289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:00 PM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hang on! Don't give up, you're not a failure--you just had a hard day. We all have them! I had a terrible food day today, but I'm still on track for my daily total calories at least! So look at what you DID manage to do, not what you didn't.

Don't give up!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

Get back on track now! Not tomorrow, not next week, but today.

Don't feel bad about the cookies, you only had 2, not an entire box, so you are doing portion control.

It's ok to miss a day or 2 of exercise, our bodies need rest days anyway. Can you go for a walk tonight or do alittle workout tonight?

You are still doing great, don't let a couple of low days throw you completely off track.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:39 PM   #5  
one more time...

S/C/G: 183/157.8/133

Height: 5'4" no, 5'5"! I grew!

Like PP said, it's only one day. Also, what type of cookies were they? If they were from a box, or smallish homemade ones, they were probably around 100 calories, 150 top. Certainly not enough to mess you up.
Hang in there, and congrats on the 2.5 lb loss! That's fantastic.
booskibabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:41 PM   #6  

Thanks tlp06289. Jumping Jacks... I can do that in between my dinner prep...
Thanks JaEll for the encouragement
Old 05-20-2009, 02:03 AM   #7  

thanks ringmaster & booskibabe...
tlp06289: I did the jumping jacks & also went out for a walk for 20 mins...