Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-28-2009, 11:06 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 241/179/165

Height: 5'5

My target outfit is simple. I just want to wear a pair of shorts outside my house. I think the last time I wore shorts outside of my house was ,maybe 15-20 years ago.
rasta4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:53 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 220/204/190

Height: 5'4

I feel as though if I where to get a "target outfit" I would get too frustrated at how long it takes to get into it. Or if I get to my target weight, and it doesnt look good, it might be hard for me to not see it as failure. And I know it's not. So just any time I go to the store and am in a smaller size, is good enough for me
x0me880x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:10 AM   #18  
Fox

S/C/G: 205/197/160

Height: 5'5"

I don't have an ultimate goal outfit but I do have a mid-way outfit. I bought a darling strapless sundress about a month ago that's a size 12 (I'm currently a 14) and my mini goal is to be able to wear it this summer. Beyond that though who knows, I'm sure I'll find something though!
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:12 AM   #19  
Gaining Attitude

S/C/G: 205 / 193 / 145

Peep - I love that story - you must take photos and post them of that day!

Rowenna - that bathing suit is classy! And you are almost there?!

My target outfit I wore 4 years ago when I met my BF. It's a pair of black velvet hiphuggers and a tight fitting hippy shirt with flowing sleeves. I also have some cool jackets (thrift store finds). And a few favorites I kept from that time. The funny thing is about a month before I committed to this diet? I threw away all my skinny clothes! I had a suitcase of sweet miniskirts and such, and I figured I was kidding myself. Time to stop lugging it around. Even got rid of some great boots.

Ah well - the thing I've learned about thrift stores is that there are ALWAYS cute things to be had in the skinny sizes. I just get to start all over!
bobblefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:19 AM   #20  

Height: 5'11"

Right now my target outfit is a pair of Levis that I used to wear. I felt so cute and sexy in those; they're size 16 but they are a slim-fitting, low-slung 16 and I can't wait till I can wear them again. I can get them on and zipped (thanks to the magic of stretch denim), but they are obscenely tight so I've got 10 or 15 pounds to go before I can wear them.

I suppose in order for it to be an outfit, I should figure out something for the top part so I don't get arrested!!!

My ultimate goal is to be able to buy clothes because I like them, not because they fit and I can get them around the girls. And I want cute bras. Lots and lots of cute bras.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:06 AM   #21  
Fat bride-Thin bride

S/C/G: 172/149/140

Height: 5ft4

My wedding dress! the ultimate target outfit
PrincessLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:15 AM   #22  
So close!

S/C/G: 162/143/105

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessLJ View Post
My wedding dress! the ultimate target outfit
Ah! This is for me too, except it's my Mom's wedding dress I want to fit into. I think I could probably fit into it now (it's sealed up air-tight until I actually need it) but I want to look great in it!

And Bobblefrog, you're right, I am very close to my goal, but it takes a really great stomach to pull off that suit, and I hold my "last ten pounds" ALL in a spare tire around my waistline. It doesn't help that I have a very short torso either. But I am certainly getting close!! Maybe the suit will even be on clearance by the time I get there!
Rowenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:03 AM   #23  
Fat bride-Thin bride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowenna View Post
Ah! This is for me too, except it's my Mom's wedding dress I want to fit into. I think I could probably fit into it now (it's sealed up air-tight until I actually need it) but I want to look great in it!
that is so lovely that it was your mothers! i am sure you will look amazing! when is your big day?
Old 04-29-2009, 08:12 AM   #24  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

I have a pair of Guess jeans I wore in college that is my target. I don't care that they are high-waisted and cropped and therefore terribly out of style (college was 20 years ago). I'm gonna wear those suckers proudly.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:22 AM   #25  
Fat bride-Thin bride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
I have a pair of Guess jeans I wore in college that is my target. I don't care that they are high-waisted and cropped and therefore terribly out of style (college was 20 years ago). I'm gonna wear those suckers proudly.
you go for it girlie!!! you'll look so hot, you'll bring them back in style!!
Old 04-29-2009, 09:17 AM   #26  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

A bikini... I have never worn one. I am tired of being the only girl in my group of friends wearing a one piece with a wrap. I want to be able to lay out on the beach and NOT feel self conscious for once.
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:33 AM   #27  
Gaining Attitude

S/C/G: 205 / 193 / 145

Wedding dresses, lovely - that's definite motivation! Do post your success? I despair that a bikini is not in my future, but I hold out hope (I had my appendix out in fifth grade and the incision left me without nerve feelings and with a roll down there). Even thin I had have a bubble. THAT SAID. This time I'm working out. So maybe I can do it...who knows? But I will be happy whatever this time! One success story was a lovely lady who popped herself in a retro style rockabilly suit I just LOVED. I want to just feel comfortable in a bathing suit - GRIN!
bobblefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:33 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

All of my summer clothes I wore 2 years ago before i was pregnant (for the 6th time) i can wear some of the shirt but the capris and skirts are still a no. I think with 20 more pounds I can do it. 10 if all the pounds would come off my hips...Wish I could tell the pounds exactly where to loose first. Also I have a pair of jeans that I bought right before I got pregnant and I have never wore them. Hopefully by this fall they will be too big....
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:44 AM   #29  
Backpedaling!!

S/C/G: 276/250/176

Height: 5'4''

My goal for the time being is to fit back into all the cute t-shirts I had when I first started my current job five+ years ago. They were all size L and XL and now I'm just barely able to get back into 2X, having been 3X for the last two years. I would also like to be able to find a pretty dress at a regular store (i.e. not have to desperately search online or at Lane Giant) for my company Christmas party this year. I'm on track to be within five or ten pounds of Onederland by the time that rolls around, so that should be a lot easier.

It's only been in the last few months that I've found myself really comfortable wearing colors instead of just black all the time.
freshmanweightorbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:45 AM   #30  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

I have a red dress back when i was a size 10, weighed about 140, and thats my target weight right now, I would love to wear it well again.
I felt lovely in it, it was my first "designer" dress, got it at discount. It has come back into style, and I would like to wear it at Christmas.....
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote