Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-23-2009, 02:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/160

Height: 5'11

Default difficult...

This weekend i went on a mini vacation. A friend and i took a roadtrip, and i brought lots of healthy snacks in the cooler, and pre-made lunches. i made sure to only eat out at dinner, and i did very well, even when i ate out at dinner i ate healthy things like sushi with no rice, and grilled chicken, even a little hummus. i did have a few drinks, but it was no big deal. i got on the scale, and still managed to lose about a pound, so i was satisfied, but now i feel that i cant gain control of myself again. for example, my family ordered pizza... i had a slice... i havent been to the gym in four days.. im afraid i wont get back on track, and this is how it usually happens, i do well and then i slowly allow myself to have things i shouldnt (pizza.. ect) and just fall off the wagon all together, i do NOT want this to be the same as usual. im nervous.
xpinkglowx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 03:52 AM   #2  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

I can relate, I went on a two week vacation and "vacation dieted" which basically meant tried not to overeat and to be as active as I could. I was excited to come home and jump back into my regular diet and for some reason it took me weeks to get back into the swing of things.

I'm not sure what your weight loss method is but mine is calorie counting. Just merely logging into the Daily Plate and tracking generally is the thing that helps me get back on track when I'm out of sorts. First comes tracking, then I become more motivated to eat better, then I get motivation to exercise.

I guess don't get frustrated if you're not perfect right away. It's weird how the smallest things can suddenly make our diets seem impossible, but maybe just concentrate on one area til it clicks and then everything else will fall back into place.
joyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 307/lost 140+ lbs/125

I know the feeling... ur doing good, then you go on a vacation, and then its back to reality and you're feeling like "wtf" here???

All you can do is just jump back in the saddle. Don't think about it, just do it

That's great you lost a lb!! Keep going!

~ tea
teawithsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:29 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 8"

I have this same problem. During Christmas this year, when I vistied family in early Feb, and the Mardi Gras (I live in the greater new orleans area) all kind of threw my off track for a couple weeks. But, I kicked myself in the butt and told my self that if I didn't get back on track again I would get right back up to 187 in no time.
Moonlight Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote