Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-20-2009, 09:19 PM   #1  
Waiting for summer

S/C/G: 255.5/248.5/190

Height: 5'10

Unhappy Dreading weigh in

Soooo...I started my weight loss journey last week and I lost 6 pounds (i'm on WW)...I worked very hard for those 6 pounds and was proud of myself.

However, I did not have a perfect week this week...some slip ups...and only worked out 3 times compared to 5 times...

I get weighed in tomorrow morning and I am preparing for the worst...I feel good...but my scale at home says that I gained a pound...my scale can be unreliable...

Anyway...i'm preparing for the worst and I dont want to give up if I do gain weight...

Any advice on how to deal with a weight gain in the 2nd week...I would usually beat myself up...but I am thinking there is a better way!
aaneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 227/206/130

Height: 5'5"

Default I feel your pain!

I am ending week 5 of WW tomorrow. I, too, am terrified of my weigh in. The best thing you can do is to is to remember why you are doing it. I have not yet gained, but once I only lost .4. I was so discourage becuase I had been losing 4 and 5 pounds a week. YOu just have to want the weight loss - really want it for yourself and not someone else. When you have a setback, you just have to think of why it is important and get right back on track when you leave. You can do it if you want to. And... it may not be as bad as you think! Good luck!
Lovlab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:51 AM   #3  
Waiting for summer

Thanks Lori...I am crossing my fingers...and I agree that refocusing is best.

It's always so dissapointing to lose less then you thought you worked for...but I guess thats the "fun" of losing weight...

I will report in tomorrow with my weight...thanks for the support...good to know someone else is going through the same!
Old 03-21-2009, 01:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 345/282/200

Height: 5'8"

I just finished week 10 of WW and my weight in is Monday nights and I too have not fared to well this week.

But I am not going to dread my weight in. If I don't lose this week or even gain this week it just tells me that I am slacking off and I will redouble my efforts next week.

aaneri the whole key to success in weight loss in NOT losing weight every week like clock work rather the key is to NOT give up when you have a slip up (I had 2 this week so far!) and just get right back on track.

But I tell you this. I have Sat, Sunday and all day Monday (we weigh in at 6pm) to eat low calorie. If I drop my daily caloric intake to 1200 calories instead of the usuall 1800 for a few days I just might still pull it off and lose a little or at lease not gain!
flatiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 01:37 PM   #5  
Waiting for summer

I'd like to report that I lost 1 pound..i'm taking it for what it is and MOVING ON!!
Old 03-21-2009, 02:23 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 207/194.4/135

Height: 5'4"

WTG! I'd take that 1 lb and move on too! I too am on WW- online- and this is my 6th week I just completed today. As of today I am down 13 lbs! Last week was only .8lb but it was a loss none the less. The first 2 weeks I lost in bigger numbers but it did and usually does decrease in numbers. 1-2 lbs a week is good for anyone to do it safely. Keep up the great work!
CarolinaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 03:42 PM   #7  
Waiting for summer

Thanks for all the support, ladies! Keep up the good work.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:03 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 214/Ticker/130

Height: 5' 5.5", age 59

Winning this race is not in doing it quickly, but in reaching the finish line. As long as you stay in the race, you are a winner. The only time you are a loser is when you give up.

I am a perfectionist and I used to beat myself and tell myself I blew it, whenever I didn't stick totally to plan, but now I don't allow myself to think that way. I would enter on my spreadsheet where I track my calories "blew it" for the days I messed up and stopped tracking calories. Then I realized that was self-defeating. So I went back and changed "blew it" to "break", as in I am taking a break from this constant struggle with calorie maintenance today, and I will not use negative messages to beat myself up again. Sometimes you just need a break.

Again...as long as you don't quit...as long as you stay in the race, you are still a winner.
recidivist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:07 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 307/lost 140+ lbs/125

aaneri--

Congrats on the 1 lb loss!

Even if you didn't lose any weight that week (or any other week), just blab it all out on 3fatchicks.... that's what what we're all here for anyway!

Keep going!

~ tea
teawithsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote