Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-03-2009, 09:32 PM   #1  
RMS
Rebecca

S/C/G: 275/275/<199

Height: 5'3"

Default Feeling life's pressures

I'm finding that I've been going to my comfort foods a bit more lately. I was wondering if anyone else is doing this. The economy, never ending winter, weight loss that doesn't happen with in a blink of an eye, blah, blah, blah are all reasons. No, I'm not depressed but I'm eager to walk in some nice weather! I'm also impatient waiting for a YMCA to open in our neighborhood. That won't be for a couple of months. Meantime, I'm trying to stay focused on moving more. I took out my frustrations on my kitchen today...cleaning that is, not eating. Yesterday, I shoveled snow. Well, I guess any exercise counts.

I'm getting ready to make some Jiffy-Pop. Maybe I'll try the mall for walking tomorrow. It's supposed to get warmer by the end of the week. I'll aim to get those 5 days of walking in. And then, maybe next week, I'll drop the Jiffy-Pop.

R~
RMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

You are going to love your Y. Hang in there. When it opens, if they have the Technogym Wave machine, use it. It is the best machine our Y offers. It is the most efficient machine they have. I know what you mean about comfort food. How about switching things up and doing air popped popcorn with a little salt and some mini chocolate chips. I find that way more satisfying than the oil used to pop the corn in Jiffy Pop. I love my sweet and salty.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:51 AM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Rebecca - the winter months are always super tough on me as well. But if you keep going, even if you go more slowly or move ahead at a more moderate pace, you'll still get where you need to go. So just keep putting 1 foot in front of the next, and you'll be at that new Y in no time.

Hang in there!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:18 AM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I know what you mean. This winter is just dragging on and I've had more then enough of it. The country is also in a very scary stage right now. It's all we hear about. We're all being affected by it. Even to a non-depressed person, it's - depressing.

Try to remember when all the world around you is all cuckoo and there's nothing you can do about it - that there is one thing you DO have control over - and that's how you treat YOURSELF. Really, there's no better time then right now to really start taking care of YOU. We can't control many things around us, but we sure as heck CAN control what we put in our mouths - and what we DON'T.

I have many times taken out my frustrations by cleaning! It's a great *diversion*. Really accomplishes something.

Warmer days are ahead. And that new Y sounds exciting. Hang tough. Find other ways to add in activity in the meantime. Perhaps a new exercise DVD. Truly find comfort in your food - by sticking to plan. Find alternatives to eating that comfort you. And find some great new low cal, healthy recipes. Now's a great time to experiment. All the best.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:13 AM   #5  
RMS
Rebecca

S/C/G: 275/275/<199

Height: 5'3"

Well, I didn't have my Jiffy-Pop. I had guilt gut about that. So I ate a few crackers with cheese instead. Thank you for the feedback. It really helps. I wish that Y to opened yesterday! Kind of like when I wish the weight would come off as fast as it goes on. Can you tell I'm feeling a little impatient these days? But you're right, there's only so much we can control. I do have some Leslie Sansone videos. My daughter and I did them 3 days a week in January. I know I had some good effects from doing those. Unfortunately, my New Year's resolution went out the door when February showed up. What is the Technogym Wave? That sounds intense. Ok, I'm off to go mall walking after feeding the baby. I'll try to tune out the news of the day. Thanks again and have a good day.

R~
RMS is offline   Reply With Quote