Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-09-2009, 09:40 PM   #1  
Priscatip

Height: 5' 6"

Default Spot Weight Loss

Ok, I did the title because I know that doesn't exist. Even though I want to believe it does. I've lost 25 pounds since I started this healthy living thing, which is awesome. I'm way excited. However, it all seems to be in my waist. Which again, sounds cool... but wow, my hips are enormous! Any great tips on exercises or even how to dress appropriately for that?
Priscatip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:52 PM   #2  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

LOL, i was just going to come in here and say, not possible...
that your shape is your shape, bigger or smaller...
I am very curvey too and have to buy bigger pants to fit over my butt and legs, but then loose in the tummy...
i think i will be going to the tailor for some alterations
vixjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/131.6/108

Height: 5'

i have the same problem.. teent tiny waist.. big *** and hips! My plan is to do alot of squats/ lunges and really tone up my legs and butt.. if its going to be big, might as well be toned and shapely. Besides curves are quite attractive. Also i just dont buy high waited pants.. i buy low- mid rize in a higher size.. it fits on my butt, but doesnt reach my waist lol
aware210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:04 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

I have the opposite problem. It takes forever for me to lose weight on my belly. I have to buy larger pants to fit over my stomach, but then it's loose on my butt and thighs. Also, if I wear low rise pants that fit, my stomach sags over the top and it's gross.

Tailored coats will really help even you out on top, and straight legged slacks should help with your bottom.
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

Heh - i'm another one with the same problem lol.

I do a lot of heavy lower body weights and a lot of squats/lunges. I also find running and spin classes to be effective at toning.

I also do upper body strength work because I have found having toned shoulders, arms and back balances the width of my hips and gives a more overall athletic appearance.

I'll always have these proportions but hey...now I have defined calves, sleek, muscular thighs and a perky backside - definitely sexy

And anyway, supposedly the most "attractive" waist to hip ratio is 0.67 - and mine is 0.65 - so I am definitely not complaining!

Except of course when I try to buy jeans lol - I am, however, convinced jeans were not designed to fit ANY shape!
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:43 AM   #6  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by aware210 View Post
if its going to be big, might as well be toned and shapely.
Well said, love it!
vixjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:14 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 345/282/200

Height: 5'8"

I signed on just to know what Spot Weight loss means!

It's funny you should mention it I was telling my WW buddy yesterday that I don't feel like my stomach is going down but rather ALL of me at the same time. I WISH my stomach would deflate!

And my WW buddy says that she feels like she is losing in her bust and not her stomach and she wishes it was the other way around! LOL!

I have always read (as other have already said) that you cannot lose weight in just one spot. Like you can't lose weight in your stomach just by doing a lot of abs.

I dunno I take whatever I get as long as i keep LOSING!
flatiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:34 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 223/174/145

Height: 5 ft 5

I agree with flatiron. Yes I would love to lose some of my hips but if I'm losing anywhere I'm happy right now. I'm sure it will be gone from there in time.
krock614 is offline   Reply With Quote