Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-02-2009, 09:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 345/282/200

Height: 5'8"

Default Anyone go or have a Super Bowl Party???

I get invited to one every year to one of my best friends parents house. We watch the game on a huge widescreen and they always go all out on the food. I usually eat until food is coming out my ears.

THIS year I am on a diet and thinking I can go but just be prepared. So I called them (my friend Mom's is on a serious diet too and going to WW with me) and offered if I could bring some healthy food to eat to add to the mix (they welcome the idea) as my friend's Dad is sorta in charge of the Super Bowl food every year and he is most DEF NOT on a diet and the food he gets shows it!

3 different kinds of fried chicken wings (BBQ, mild and spicy) steamed shrimp (a LOT of it), giant trays of meats and cheeses and the prerequisite chips and dip (enough to feed an army!)

SO I bring a platter of brown rice sushi (California roll no raw fish YUCK!) made by my sushi chef friend and a huge bowl of real fresh made salsa (I knew he would have bowls of the kind in a jar) and a giant bowl of fruit.

I also made sure I didn't show up hungry so I ate 2 big bowls of cabbage and tomato soup before I got there.

I did pretty good at first ...

My mistake was I was sitting next to a giant tub of steamed shrimp. It was flavored SO good with Old Bay and spices I could not help myself plus they were the HUGE ones that are like already split on the top. I couldn't stop I kept nibbling on them until I had probably eaten WAY too much during the course of the game.

And of course I nibbled on everything else too (not so much the chips but the meats and cheeses) but not as much as I had in the past.

What I found out is I am WEAK! WEAK! WEAK! WEAK! LOL! Even though I was NOT hungry I STILL ate a lot!

Oh well one day off the diet will not deter me. I am going to hit the Y twice today on the elliptical to burn off at least a portion of the calories.

The bad part is tonight is my WW meeting and I was .02 pounds away from getting another 5lbs star so I am NOT eating anything (well maybe a couple of bowls of my soup) until AFTER my WW weigh in!

But the best thing is now I KNOW it is not the end of the world... if you fall off the horse you just get up and dust yourself off and get back on!

I hope others who went to Super Bowl Parties did better than I did!
flatiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:31 AM   #2  
Priscatip

Height: 5' 6"

I set myself up for failure during the Superbowl - I was calm with the chili, and drank a rational amount of beer - it was the bacon wrapped jalapenos that led to my downfall.
But! Today is a new day! I will eat well today and I will go run after work.
Priscatip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:49 AM   #3  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Don't worry about overdoing with the shrimp, that's good protein for you!
I wouldn't be able to sit next to food without having any, I am weak too.
I don't do any Super Bowl parties nor do I attend any but made a smart decision to hit the gym yesterday at 4:45 pm - OH THE BLISS!!!! there was a total of 10-12 people at the gym because everybody else was glued to their TV's. I love when the gym is so empty.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/197/150

Height: 5'7

I didn't go to a party, just relaxed with the boyfriend and watched the game while working on paperwork.

flatiron- you think you had a downfall I ate two slices of 4 cheese pizza with cheese stuffed crust and I'm allergic to milk It was calling me. So now this morning I have the affectionately named 'cheese belly' (this is what my boyfriend calls the bloat that I get) so just always know even though you messed up and ate some shrimp somewhere there is a girl suffering from eating too much cheese
WVUFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:08 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priscatip View Post
- it was the bacon wrapped jalapenos that led to my downfall.
never heard of this combination but it sure sounds MMMMMMMMMM!

I think I could eat a pencil eraser if it was wrapped in bacon!
Old 02-02-2009, 10:11 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomato View Post
Don't worry about overdoing with the shrimp, that's good protein for you!
If all I ate was the shrimp I wouldn't feel bad at all even though before the game was over I bet I ate at least 4 pounds of it! WAY WAY too much!

Next year I will sit next to the beer keg ... that way I can honestly say I didn't hardly eat at all!
Old 02-02-2009, 10:53 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

I hate football but I love my SO, this is what I made:

Boneless buffalo "wings"
(1lb boneless/skinless chicken breasts, frank's hot sauce, 6tbsp flour & 6tbsp cornmeal, then BAKED - very low in calories & fat)

Blue cheese dip
(2/3 cup no fat sour cream, 2/3 cup gourmet blue cheese, cayanne peper)

Pizza
(1 pizza bread, tomato sauce, skim milk chedder, mushrooms, olives, tomatoes, and for him, bacon!)

I just drank diet Sprite...
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:09 AM   #8  

S/C/G: HW 176/SW 163/CW ticker/GW 120

Height: 5'4"

i opted out of attending my friend's superbowl party this year since i knew it would be chock full of my favorite downfalls. instead, i invited a few friends over and we did a relatively healthy superbowl. of course i still totally binged and was probably 150% over my calories, but at least i can console myself knowing that the binge wasn't on buffalo wings and tater skins.
sws19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:17 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

We had a superbowl party. I don't think i did too bad..unless you count the bottle of wine i drank by myself...lol. But i don't mind. I ate very little over the course of the weekend so it was okay to go alittle crazy at my superbowl party. But we had some healthy stuff. I had grilled pork chops, 3 chicken wings, and 3 peices of grilled steak. I also made a buffalo chicken dip and used fat free cream cheese, reduced calorie ranch dressing, hot sauce, 2% mozzorella cheese and canned chicken. To scoop it up, i used celery sticks. My bf's sister brought over some healthy dip that she made with cubed tomato,cucumber, canned black eyed peas and some kind of white pea or bean, diced onions and marinated in a zesty italian dressing. For desert, we bought a small package of mini pumpkin w/ cream cheese cupcakes and we all had just one. And i still drank lots of water along with my bottle of wine. So all in all...i was up about 1 1/2 pounds this morning, but i'm not stressing. I know it's mostly sodium. Plus, i did make sure i got my excersizing in this weekend. I did 30 minutes of light and hard intensity on the elliptical before the party. And i DEFINATLY had reason to celebrate...my Steelers WON!!!! Whew who!!!!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:20 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacha View Post
I hate football but I love my SO, this is what I made:

I just drank diet Sprite...
I am the complete sports dweeb... before I went to the party I couldn't even tell you who was playing! LOL!

I only watch football once a year and it;s on S. B. Sunday!

and I drank Sprite Zero too! It was the only diet drink there besides water!
Old 02-02-2009, 11:34 AM   #11  
Working my way back

S/C/G: 185/150

Height: 5'5

hahaha that's so funny that you brought brown rice sushi! my party was having snack food but not dinner so i brought my little 9 piece box of brown rice california roll for dinner. then i didn't even eat it! haha the damage was really minimal though because i was feeling kind of hungover/blah all day so i didn't eat much and had 700 something cals to play with. i had probably 4 mini pigs in a blanket, a little velveeta queso, a lot of my homeade spinach (low cal) dip, and chips to go with the dip. now that i think about it, i didn't really eat that much! it may have still been about 700 cals but i doubt too much over... and i didn't drink so no problem there! all in all it was a fun party and even though i didn't stress over my food i didn't do horribly. it was a good game!
corazonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:28 PM   #12  
one more time...

S/C/G: 183/157.8/133

Height: 5'4" no, 5'5"! I grew!

I was definately over my calories for the day, by 200-300. This is WAY better than past parties, where I gave up and indulged in all the goodies. I said "no" to a donut for breakfast, and "no" to homemade apple crisp and pumkin pie. I ate veggies when I was feeling munchy and chose which snacks I reaaaalllly wanted and had smallish portions of those. (Homemade chocolate mayo cake, homemade vanilla ice cream, and homemade caramel popcorn.)

I was up .8 lbs today as a reslut of my controlled binge.
booskibabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:35 PM   #13  
Doing it.

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

I babysat and so all I snacked on was popcorn and two rolls of smarties, ha!
Jeannette311 is offline   Reply With Quote