Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-04-2009, 05:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 189/189/130

Height: 68"

Default Starting fresh for 2009

Hello all. I am almost 30 years old and I am about 60 pounds overweight. I had a baby 4 months ago (my third). I am so ready to get my body back. I love my children, but I want to feel like I'm something other than a wife and mother. I never had a weight problem until I started having children at 21 years old. I never did get back in shape after having my first child. I just assumed the weight would come off. Then a couple years later I got pregnant again and gained alot of weight, unfortunately I miscarried. I then got pregnant again and gained weight and miscarried. Nearly 6 years later, in the middle of depression I got pregnant and this time had a healthy baby. I was very fat almost 200 pounds. I was breastfeeding and then just as I was losing weight, I got pregnant again!!!! Now I am breastfeeding and I am ready to lose weight for good this time. I have spent the last few years pregnant and gaining weight. I am so over it. Right now I am thinking about my goals and I definitely want to lose this weight.

I want to make sure that I take time for myself and I want to put myself first. A lot of people might disagree with me. But I have been putting everyone else's need ahead of my own. I have been putting my needs in the back of my mind and I just keep getting more and more depressed and miserable. I will always be there for my kids and happily take care of them and my husband too. For the first time in 8 years, I am going to strive to accomplish goals of my own. I do deserve to be healthy and to be at a weight that I feel good about. I am starting with exercise tomorrow. I am excited and no matter what I am going to follow through. I can't keep coming up with excuses to blow off exercise or eating right. I have to think about how badly I want this. It might be the hardest thing that I have done at least in awhile. I am up to the task, I will not let anyone or anything sabotage me, including myself.
soon2bsexy30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 10:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 211/182/150 (For now)

Height: 5'4"

Good luck! You'll do just fine.
LynseyLikes2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 11:22 AM   #3  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

I'll tell you, making time for yourself is tough, but it is the right thing to do. I know that I have put my kids' and husband's needs first for a long time (my kids are 14 and 12 years old). You don't do anyone any favors by not taking time for yourself and making yourself healthy. Stick to it!!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 01:11 PM   #4  
No description available.

Congrats on the kiddos, and way to go with the breastfeeding.

A mother who is a martyr does no one any good. It is okay to put your health (physical and mental) as a priority. What your kids need most is a healthy happy YOU. I'm glad you're here. Good luck!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote