Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-23-2008, 03:56 PM   #1  

Default Need To See Results Or I Give Up

I will workout and eat right for a week if I dont see a drop in the scale or pants fitting loser I give up and go to pizza hut.Its a bad cycle.4 years ago at 23 I could starve myself for a day and be 5lbs slimmer the next day.. I was wearing a size 0 after then after my second child and breastfeeding for 2 years my weight wont budge I am still 40lbs hevey didnt lose the pregnancy weight.Even after I stopped bfing I for sure thought I would lose weight nope it wont go away.I even stuck to herbalife for 2 months with no weight loss and herbalife actually kept me full.I dont gain over the 139lb mark thank goodness but I cant lose even a lb or inch.I am sick of this crap
PinkVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 04:03 PM   #2  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

This sounds like exactly what I would have written a few months ago! I ended up going on Medifast so that I could have some good solid results to keep me motivated. It worked and I picked up other good habits along the way as a result. I drink water all day long instead of soda...And excersise has become a major part of my day. The most important thing is I have learned that several small meals throughout the day keeps my energy at a level that supports my new healthier life.

Keep an open mind and don't give up. There is a program that is right for you and will get the results you need. You just have to stick to it!

Good Luck.

DJ
djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 04:04 PM   #3  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

100 pounds is a very low goal? how tall are you?

starving yourself for a day and losing 5 pounds isnt a good past cycle to have sweety, it was only water weight loss and probably didnt help your metabolism..? hope you are ok!
PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 04:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Do you work out normally, when you're not dieting? If you work out kind of sporadically, then maybe your frustration is due to the extra water weight being held by your muscles as they get used to a new workout. That would seem to make you lose not any weight, but in reality you may have lost some fat (that comes right back when you go to pizza hut).
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 04:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

I also agree that 100 lbs seems like a VERY low goal unless you're very short. Hard to say for sure w/out more information.

But it's possible that you're not seeing results because your goals are not healthy or reasonable.

You're also going to have to lose the "instant gratification" expectation. I know we all want excess weight to come off right now, but it just doesn't happen that way.

Maybe you can give us more info on you - how tall you are, what you normally eat when you're eating "right" as you describe it - and we can help you develop a healthy and resonable plan.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 04:37 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 182/132/135

Height: 5'7"

So I'm kind of going to echo what some of the other posters said. You have now had children, and you are older, and 100 lbs. seems incredibly low unless you are extremely short. Size zero, given the changes our bodies go through after childbirth (wider hips, less narrow waists) may simply not be achievable, or if it is achievable, not maintainable or at all healthy.

While I have never been a Size Zero, I was a Size 2 for a while pre-pregnancy, but it was not the best choice I ever made, and my periods were irregular and my skin was a mess, etc., etc.

And expecting instant results is a formula for failure. That five pounds you used to lose overnight wasn't fat -- it was water. True fat loss requires a calorie deficit of 3500 for EACH pound. That means that, at the most, you can lose around 2 pounds a week or less to still maintain the safe level of around 1200 calories a day we all need for adequate nutrition. And at your weight, you probably cannot even expect to lose more than about 1 pound a week. It just takes time -- but this is a life change so, really, what is the rush? Currently you have been at the SAME weight for a long time, without changing at all. Slowly changing is better than that, right?

Last edited by Schumeany; 11-23-2008 at 04:38 PM.
Schumeany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 04:43 PM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Giving up? You're for sure not going to see results that way.

Sounds to me like you're being a bit hard on yourself and expecting too much too fast. Like has been said, weight loss is not an instant gratification type thing.

Also curious what "working out and eating right" means. Are you actually tracking your calories? Making sure to stay within a certain allotment? Consistiently? Eating nutritious foods? What kind of exercise are you doing? How frequently?

For longterm weight loss, which is what I assume you are after, you've got to accept that these changes, the exercise and the eating right, will need to be permanent. In order to get to and then remain that healtlhy weight. Sooo, since you're in this for the longhaul, you've got to have some patience. Whether it takes 2 weeks, 4 weeks or more to see some results.

Let us know a little more about your plan and maybe we can be of some guidance to you.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 11-23-2008 at 04:47 PM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 04:50 PM   #8  

Yes I am very Short I am only 5'0 I know 100lbs seems low but that is the weight I feel my best and my Dr agrees its in a healthy range for my height.My BMI right now is at 27 so I am overweight.I have never had a weight problem untill my second child.I think breastfeeding has done a hormonal imbalance on my weight....

Last edited by PinkVS; 11-23-2008 at 04:53 PM.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:07 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 182/132/135

Height: 5'7"

OK, now that we know how tall you are, 100 lbs. makes more sense -- still pretty tiny, but not necessarily crazy tiny. Just remember not to beat yourself up if that 100 lb. mark is not as easy as it used to be when you were younger, didn't have two kids, etc.

You still have not posted an "average" day eating-wise so we don't know where to begin to help you -- that is whether you might be eating too few calories, too many, not enough protein, etc., etc. You also have not told us about your exercise plan. If you give us more info, we might be able to help you tweak that as well.

Last edited by Schumeany; 11-23-2008 at 05:07 PM.
Schumeany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 05:12 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Yeah, post what you're eating and how you're working out and we can make suggestions.

I think the biggest thing to keep in mind is that as you get older, the weight takes longer to fall off. You have to adjust your expectations accordingly.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 05:32 PM   #11  
3 + years maintaining

Oh a five footer. I can relate. That's what I am. Barely.

But I am coming from a different place. I was once morbidly obese and I am thrilled to be in the 120's. THRILLED. But what I am thrilled with has nothing to do with what YOU are thrilled with. I am more then aware of that.

I do urge you though to not be so hard on yourself and perhaps lower those expectations a tad.

And yup, we still need some more info in order to help you.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:41 PM   #12  
Ija
Extra gluten

S/C/G: 286/135/135

rockinrobin, where did your progress shots go?
Ija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 06:18 PM   #13  

Thank You =).....I do turbo Jam daily and am thinking about buy barry bootcamp...Most day when I try I eat 6 egg whites,apple for a snack,a chicken salad with a little olive oil and lemon juice and for a snack a pomegranate,for dinner is usually chicken or shrimp with stemmed brocciey drizzled with flax-oil
Old 11-24-2008, 06:29 AM   #14  
3 + years maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drina View Post
rockinrobin, where did your progress shots go?
I took them down some time ago. Privacy reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkVS View Post
Thank You =).....I do turbo Jam daily and am thinking about buy barry bootcamp...Most day when I try I eat 6 egg whites,apple for a snack,a chicken salad with a little olive oil and lemon juice and for a snack a pomegranate,for dinner is usually chicken or shrimp with stemmed brocciey drizzled with flax-oil
Pink, first thing that rings out to me is "Most days when I try". It kind of sounds like you're not being consisitient, though of course I could be wrong, so please forgive me. Truth is you just can't expect to eat "off plan" AND see results. It simply can not occur. Consistiency is extremely important. One day of "off" eating can without a doubt, offset an entire week of "good" eating.

I know for me, the only thing that keeps me "sticking" to this, is the fact that I'm just not hungry - I eat often. And very filling foods. Lots and lots of protein and fiber. From what I'm seeing here, you're not eating enough. I would be hungry on this and definitely not stick with it. But that's me. I would add lots of veggies with those egg whites. Oatmeal is another option with it. What's in the chicken salad? Mayo? - I would eat a HUGE salad with it - lettuce, tomatoes, cukes, peppers, onions, etc. With that apple, maybe 10 almonds. With the pomagranate - maybe a low fat string cheese. With the chicken or shrimp - maybe roasted broccoli AND carrots, and cauliflower and zucchini. Sugar free/no fat yogurt with 1/4 cup Fiber One mixed in is another great snack/mini-meal.

It takes time to find the "right" mix for oneself. But don't give up. Keep tweaking and experimenting and trying.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:51 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

also one thing to remember...you aren't that far off from a healthy goal. Now it may not be your goal..but at your height 120 is still in a healthy goal. And the thing to remember is that the closer you are to goal and the less weight you have to loose, the harder it is for it to come off. There for a person who is 250 may easily loose 5-7 lbs the first week or so. But a person who has a small amount of wt to loose (like you do) will see very small wt loss at a time in order to be healthy and maintain it. So you need to first just start rejoicing the small wt loss. In other words..be happy about 1/2 a week. I know that's not what you want to hear...but it is still weight loss.
Also, definately there are several calorie sites out there that can calculate the amount of calories you need to eat to loose wt. You may not be eating enough. definately keep track of all food so you see how much you are or aren't eating.

finally..start weight training is my suggestion. At first you might see a weight gain DONT FREAK OUT. You are gaining and building muscle which will make you look smaller even if you aren't 100 lbs. You're body may be getting use to the same exercise. I was always taught for maximum wt loss, you need to "shake up" your excercise routine. you can do cardio one day, but make sure you are weight training several times a week. I found my maximum wt loss occurred after really getting into wt training. Also, i found doing interval training really help too.

But remember this..you have had two kids...your body has changed some. You cannot expect it to go back to where it was overnight. You need to stop beating yourself up for no wt loss. Just start looking at eating healthy whole foods with more fruit and veggies and know that this is a slow journey that does not happen overnight.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote