3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   What did you have for breakfast? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/156568-what-did-you-have-breakfast.html)

srmb60 11-17-2008 08:49 AM

What did you have for breakfast?

And why?

If you could improve it, what would you do tomorrow?

Lori Bell 11-17-2008 09:14 AM

I'm still contemplating what to eat...I want a yogurt/banana crunch, (One crumbled graham cracker, then a layer of sliced banana and topped with low-fat vanilla yogurt- approx 300 calories). Yummm, it tastes kind of like the old fashioned banana pudding my mom used to make. BUT, there is not much protein in that and I know I'll be hungry before lunch...so I'll probably have a couple eggs with some toast.

Melly30 11-17-2008 09:18 AM

Good Morning!!

This morning I was running 3 kids to 3 different schools. We had birthday parties all weekend and I didn't make it to the market so I ended up with a plain McDonalds Egg McMuffin and black coffee with 2 equal. Total calories were around 300. Not too bad but tomorrow I will have something much healthier.
Have a great day!:hug:

Extasee58865 11-17-2008 09:19 AM

A piece of wheat toast w/ peanut butter (yes, peanut butter) and coffee. :-) Yummy!

cartp 11-17-2008 09:22 AM

A fat free milk(1/2 cup) banana, 8 strawberries,vaniila, 1/2 cup all bran smoothie.
yummy

Wifey 11-17-2008 09:26 AM

I just had a granola bar (140 calories) and a yogurt. I'll have an apple or orange for a snack around 10:15-10:30 or so. I'm going to grab myself a cup of tea now. :wave:

paniania 11-17-2008 09:40 AM

It's cold out here today so I felt like something warm and creamy so I made Farina. I'm sick, and my mother used to make that for us all the time in the winter so it is definitely a comfort.

So, Farina, plus homemade Pear Butter (sugar/fat free!) for some flavor, a Lady Apple, and some Almonds.

I usually end up eating the Apple and Almonds later as a snack though.

Also, added to the mix is some tea with lemon and honey, to help with the whole sickness issue.

Does anyone else have seasonal eating rules, or am I the only strange one? For example, in the summer I usually have yogurt based breakfasts, but I never have those in the winter because they are cold! In the winter I have to have oatmeal based breakfasts (or something similar) because they are warm and toasty, but never in the summer. Same goes for soups in the winter and salads in the summer.

Smiling_Sara 11-17-2008 09:40 AM

I'm currently eating a honeycrisp apple, and drinking my coffee.

inspired by you 11-17-2008 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BornToFly (Post 2456584)
I'm currently eating a honeycrisp apple, and drinking my coffee.

I want a honeycrisp. I have already bought all of them I could find this year. I wish you could get them all year. They are so yummy.

I had a piece of toast with PB and 8oz of 1% milk. I meant to have a banana with it but got to running late and forgot it.

Smiling_Sara 11-17-2008 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inspired by you (Post 2456593)
I want a honeycrisp. I have already bought all of them I could find this year. I wish you could get them all year. They are so yummy.

I had a piece of toast with PB and 8oz of 1% milk. I meant to have a banana with it but got to running late and forgot it.

I know! I buy some whenever I see them at the store, even when they are $3.00 a lb!! I so wish they grew all year too. They are by far, the best apple I have had....ever!

Thighs Be Gone 11-17-2008 10:15 AM

1/2 cup Fiber One, 3/4 cup milk, 1 cup blueberries, 1 coffee..about 220 calories total

FB 11-17-2008 10:22 AM

Egg, egg whites, bacon, cheese and a wee tiny bit of pineapple. Yum! I wouldn't change a thing for tomorrow unless I'm in the mood for something else. Protein and fat always keeps me full in the morning.

offmyfranny 11-17-2008 10:25 AM

I had 2 pieces of WW toast with a pat of Country Crock Light.

I had it because I was craving carbs. This bread is LOADED with fiber though, so it's not too bad. And only 45 calories per slice. :)

greeneggsandtam 11-17-2008 10:27 AM

Natural peanut butter on toast and a handful of almonds.

offmyfranny 11-17-2008 10:34 AM

greeneggs - I'm digging the BeeGees avatar. lol.

JulieJ08 11-17-2008 10:42 AM

I had Greek yogurt, frozen wild blueberries, banana, and granola. Normally I have pumpkin oatmeal w flaxmeal, but I was away for the weekend, and lazed out of making my oatmeal (or a real dinner!) last night. Must. Make. My. Oatmeal. Tonight.

srmb60 11-17-2008 10:51 AM

One of the best avatars here IMHO! (I call them my boys)

I agree on the cold thing. I struggle with water, salad ... In fact I just made a half pot of decaf because it's warm.

luvja 11-17-2008 10:59 AM

The same thing I eat 97% of the time. A serving of Oatbran (It's like whole wheat cream of wheat). I add honey, pecans, and raisins to my bowl, then mix it. Mmmmm!. Also a banana and a cup of tea. It hits the spot.

Ija 11-17-2008 11:10 AM

I had some lowfat cottage cheese with some almonds, homemade granola, dried gogi berries and maple syrup on top. It's one of my favorite breakfasts. For about 350 calories it's incredibly satisfying and gives me lots of energy! I can't stand eating the same thing every day, though, so tomorrow I'll probably go with something else, maybe an omelet with mushrooms and black beans. After that, Kashi waffles with banana slices and walnuts...

MotoMichelle 11-17-2008 11:16 AM

Steel cut oatmeal with a tbsp of honey. Mmmm! Also a cup of milk to drink with it.

I just can't do fruit/yogurt in the morning. I'll be starving by time I walk out the door for work!

judipurple 11-17-2008 11:36 AM

What I eat nearly every morning: 1/2 C rolled oats, topped with water and microwaved - then add 1/4C frozen blueberries, 2T sunflower kernels, no-cal sweetener and 1/4 C 1% milk. I don't always add the nuts or seeds, but there is usually fruit in there of some sort.

Tomato 11-17-2008 11:36 AM

Oatmeal. I will probably have eggs tomorrow.
I have to remember to buy canned pumpkin when I do my grocery shopping so that I can mix some with my oatmeal - I think Nelie eats it that way.

Mom2QJandT 11-17-2008 11:55 AM

I feel so unhealthy compared to all of you! I had 2 of the Fiber One toaster pastries and a bottle of water. 390 calories, 10 grams of Fiber and 8 grams of protein. I have to eat a lot of my calories before about 3 pm, so bigger breakfasts are the norm for me.

DCAGirl 11-17-2008 12:02 PM

(Hope its OK to jump right in, I've been inactive for a long while, and want to get back into it for motivation)

This is going to sound like a weird combo...

But I have 2 rice cakes (with lots of fiber in them, 45 cal a piece) and 1 cheese stick (part skim milk...Mozzarella). Also an apple that I ended up eating about an hour and half after the rest of it.

I have eating firs thing in the morning, so I get up and drive to work and eat there.

I don't know what I will do different tomorrow... I have apples, oranges and bananas for fruit this week.... so everything will likely be the same, only with a different fruit.

lilybelle 11-17-2008 12:36 PM

A home-made egg McMuffin.
1 slice canadian bacon, 1 slice low-fat cheese, 1 egg pan fried in cooking spray, 1 English muffin. I eat this for a total of 5 WW flex points.

My alternate breakfast is 2 four-inch wheat pancakes, 1 TBSP peanut butter, 1/4 cup SF syrup and a banana.

PhotoChick 11-17-2008 12:37 PM

Today I had Fage yogurt and a serving of Blue Goodness fruit juice. I love that stuff!

JayEll 11-17-2008 12:42 PM

1/3 cup Mona's Granola, 1/2 cup 1% milk, and 1/3 banana. coffee w/coffee mate lite. Around 250 cals.

Other days I may have 1 or 2 hard boiled or scrambled eggs w/1 piece toast or 4 triscuits.

Jay

jessisaokay 11-17-2008 12:45 PM

Drina- How are those gogi berries? I thought about getting some this weekend, but the price scared me away. I heard they are very good for you.

mandalinn82 11-17-2008 12:53 PM

A double fiber english muffin with pizza sauce, 2% mozzarella, and a slice of canadian bacon - heated in the toaster oven. Breakfast pizza is my go-to breakfast option.

JulieJ08 11-17-2008 01:09 PM

I'm starting to crave eggs for breakfast lately! Hmmm

evilwomaniamshe 11-17-2008 01:21 PM

I had 2 kashi waffles topped with a container of strawberry yogurt, then I sliced a banana on top of the yogurt and then I sprinkled it with ground flax.

murphmitch 11-17-2008 01:27 PM

I had hot oat bran cereal with splenda, cinnamon, a tbs. of almond butter stirred in and unsweetend vanilla almond milk. My all time favorite breakfast! Oh, and a glass of spicy V-8 juice.

BarbPA 11-17-2008 01:46 PM

My breakfast is usually in 2 parts.

7:00am - smoothie with flax seed, 1/2 banana, peach slices & unsweetened almond milk. I drink that while I drop the kids at daycare and drive 1 hour to work.

9:00am - 2 eggs, 2 slices turkey bacon, 1 slice whole grain bread.

Tomorrow I'll probably do egg whites. I typically have eggs, egg whites or a mix of the 2 every day.

:)

cakses 11-17-2008 01:47 PM

Cheerios and water. If I could have changed it I would have eaten something else with protein in it. Now it's almost lunch time though so I just have to move on!

offmyfranny 11-17-2008 01:58 PM

Quote:

I'm starting to crave eggs for breakfast lately! Hmmm
Have you ever tried Egg Beaters or anything like that? I just discovered them last week. Well, I used to eat them in college, but that was a loong time ago. lol.

Anyway, they cook just like eggs. I made an omelet with them, with some fat free cheese and some onions, and it was SOOOO good. 30 calories per 1/4 cup (which is equal to 1 egg), no fat, no cholesterol. Yay! :)

JulieJ08 11-17-2008 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by offmyfranny (Post 2457194)
Have you ever tried Egg Beaters or anything like that? I just discovered them last week. Well, I used to eat them in college, but that was a loong time ago. lol.

Anyway, they cook just like eggs. I made an omelet with them, with some fat free cheese and some onions, and it was SOOOO good. 30 calories per 1/4 cup (which is equal to 1 egg), no fat, no cholesterol. Yay! :)

I appreciate the suggestion, but I'm trying to stick to whole foods. But I think I will still do some eggs :D.

Spooky 11-17-2008 02:08 PM

I had an egg white omelet with LF cheese, canadian bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes, and green peppers.
And vegetable juice. It was good.

offmyfranny 11-17-2008 02:09 PM

no problem! Enjoy your eggs!

(My favorite is an egg on an english muffin with some hot melty cheese. OMG.. makes me swoon just thinking of it. lol)

JulieJ08 11-17-2008 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by offmyfranny (Post 2457223)
no problem! Enjoy your eggs!

(My favorite is an egg on an english muffin with some hot melty cheese. OMG.. makes me swoon just thinking of it. lol)

Me too!

hereyago 11-17-2008 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvja (Post 2456757)
The same thing I eat 97% of the time. A serving of Oatbran (It's like whole wheat cream of wheat). I add honey, pecans, and raisins to my bowl, then mix it. Mmmmm!. Also a banana and a cup of tea. It hits the spot.

Where do you get the oatbran? Any idea of the calorie content?

I love 2 cups of reduced sugar frosted flakes with 1 cup of skim milk - 316 calories, or 2 packets of oatmeal with skim milk.