Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-02-2008, 01:54 PM   #31  
starting over again

Quote:
Originally Posted by lily780 View Post
My friend went on a diet and exercise routine and lost 50 pounds in 2 months. She went from 180 to 130 and looks great. She doesn't even starve herself, she just exercises and eats right.

M cousin went on adderall due to adhd and lost 45 pounds in a 2 months too! Why can everyone lose weight but me? I gain it back every single time.

Yeah, but how much of that was actually fat? Losing it that quickly probably meant losing way too much lean muscle mass.
Marms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 02:30 PM   #32  
eat less, move more!

Height: 5' 2"

I'm always jealous of women who lose that much that fast too.

A year or so ago i went on one of those cleansing type diets and lost about 20 pounds in less than 3 weeks. I only weighed 150 when i started it, so it is possible to lose a lot quickly at that weight.
But, here is the catch. The diet ruined my metabolism! It was awful, no matter how little i ate i couldn't keep the weight off. I was exercising a lot too. I had gained back the 20 plus another 10 within a month!
I swear it was over a year ago and my metabolism is still recovering.
Since I began that diet I am up over 40 pounds!

Also, I have found that when i eat on a high protein, low carb plan, i can lose weight very quickly. Like 5-10 pounds the first week. But after that, every time i eat a carb i gain like 4 pounds. Also the high protein diets make me crave carbs after a while, then i go on a binge and eat a whole pizza of something.
Billies Pottery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 03:22 PM   #33  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

I absolutely don't agree that the faster you lose it the faster you gain it back...it all depends on how you proceed after the weight is off, how dedicated you are, life style, etc. I can honestly say I've lost weight fast, slow, and at medium rates in my lifetime and when I have "given up" (which has been every time I've lost weight so far) it piled on just as quickly no matter how slow I lost it. For me, when the diet was "over" it was over. UNLESS I continue on with my healthy way of life, I will regain all of my weigh just as quickly as when I lost it in HS at the rate of 500 calories a day.

I do agree that 50 pounds in 2 months at a starting weight of 180 seems impossible to me. I started out at 333 pounds and for the first several weeks stayed at 1200 a/day then upping my calories to 1500 for the weekends. I also had terrible edema with majorly swollen feet & legs. I was bloated and had massive water retention. With total dedication and as much exercise as I could tolerate I lost 39 pounds in the first 8 weeks. Probably 20 was water retention. I guess anything is possible. It would be interesting how she got her beginning weight. Did she weigh at night, fully clothed after drinking a gallon of water & now weighs first thing in the morning after using the toilet & naked? I don't think she's being altogether truthful.

Last edited by Lori Bell; 11-02-2008 at 03:26 PM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 07:16 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

"Why can everyone lose weight but me? I gain it back every single time."

Everyone is focussing on the 50 pounds...I think that is the wrong direction.

Lily, I think the key is the line above...if this was your friends first weight loss it is always faster because she's never messed her metabolism up! It is besides the point. Doesn't really matter if the 50 was really 30, or if she will keep it off or not. The real issue is that YOU WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT AND KEEP IT OFF!!!

For years I have had the fantasy that if I just woke up one morning at my goal weight I would stay there. Sadly, several times in my life I have woken up close to my goal weight...and have stayed there for about 15 minutes. The goal is not just to lose but to maintain. Think of the period of weight loss as a form of pregnancy, giving yourself a time to prepare for the future of maintaining.

Whatever happens with your friend, it won't change your weight. We all get jealous, it seems so easy for others. It probably isn't as easy as we thought, but the bottom line is that it doesn't matter. We have to play the hand we are dealt.

You can lose weight. It takes hard work, determination, and real life changes. You can maintain, others have. It also takes hard work, more determination, and real (and forever) life changes.

Stick with it. Others will be envying you!
Pandora123a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 09:35 AM   #35  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

I would not be jealous of her weight loss at all. Even if I had a choice, I would NOT want to lose 50 pounds in two months. I never had a problem with the fact that it will be a slow journey; but you know what? I am having a blast and I am loving every minute of it. I am not a diet, I don't count calories but I am losing body fat and gaining muscle - and that, to me, is the right way to lose weight and make your body healthier and stronger.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 09:46 AM   #36  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I post on a website called Obesity Forums and a guy there posted he lost 120 pounds in two months. Is that really possible? He started at 480. I just don't understand how.

I am down about 45 pounds now but I started in May.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote