Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-27-2008, 01:23 AM   #1  

Default "I can make you thin"

Just wondering if anyone has heard of Paul McKenna's "I can make you thin" program. It used to be on TLC. Well he teaches you this trick when you really want to eat something and I did it with gummy worms and now I never crave them. Its really strange. I was just wondering if anyone else had the same experiences or different ones.
conbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 160/160/140

Height: 5'2

I know that in January, he is staging a book launch here in the United States, as the program is primarily popular in the U.K where he is from.

Have you visited his U.S website? If not here is the link:
http://www.mckenna.com/Default.aspx?...ookieSupport=1

I read the religiously read the community boards on that website during the summer. I tried to buy the book everywhere in the United State from popular bookstores, because I didn't want to go through the hoopla of having it shipped to me.

I tried the 4 principles and I did lose 10 pounds. But stress kicked in and I went back to my old ways again.

Something that I am doing now is called Intuitive Eating. It is similar to McKenna's program in that no foods are forbidden as long as you stop while you are full. The difference is there is less hypnosis/techniques in IE and more emotional support.

Here is the IE website that goes along with the book:
http://www.intuitiveeating.com/

One thing I have a problem with IE is that it is not results oriented (i.e losing pounds isn't as emphasized as in McKenna's program), so I do a hybrid of the two.

You also might want to go the UK chicks forum here. They might have more info.

-Rachelle
http://3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/etherence/
etherence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:56 AM   #3  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

what's the trick? lol!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 02:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 305/172.6/135

Height: 5foot 4 inches

YES!!! i saw that a while back. I did the same thing with chicken wings!! I dont crave them nearly as much as i used to the trick is a mind trick, you are suppose to close your eyes and press your thumb and middle finger together and think real hard about your food that you crave, then think of that food being covered in the worst thing you could possibly imagine, think of it being all through that food. then the next time you think of that food close your eyes and press your thumb and finger together and the craving is suppose to go away. I know it sounds dumb. I usually dont believe these sorts of things, but it did actually work for me. now when i think of chicken wings i think of the nasty veins that run through it, the fat that is all over it, the grissly hard things that are attached to them, and then i imagine them covered in some old man's mucus. yes.....its gross, but i dont crave chicken wings anymore
HVEECK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 03:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 192/175/130

Height: 5'1"

I meant to watch him when he was on TLC and forgot. I've heard a lot of positive things about him and his techniques!
Tonja81 is offline   Reply With Quote