Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-14-2008, 11:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 176/176/135

Height: 5"1

Default On a no carb diet and I have popcorn popped...

I'm dying for it....I am constantly hungry...I'm not a veggie person AT ALL...

this is a 2 wk carb free diet..and I'm going to be entering day 3 in the a/m...

I am seriously missing my carbs...I have some popcorn popped microwave...is it REALLY gonna mess me up if I have 1 cup of it???

help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my willpower is fading...
MarStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:24 PM   #2  

Height: 5'9"

I'm not sure how I feel about "no carb" diets.... I personally couldn't do it, and I wouldn't want to.
However, if you have made a commitment to yourself that your not going to eat carbs for 2 weeks, yeah, it will mess you up.... mentally.
You will feel guilty afterwards probably.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:27 PM   #3  

I'm not sure how I feel about the either..

I know I'll feel guilty; but you know how your mind messes w/you to eat what you are craving..I'm in the basement now typign away...instead of upstairs eating it...so I'm trying..its just hard...

I have no clue how to lose weight the "right" way..

I know most likely; portion control, don't eat the fat foods etc..but with 4 kids and always on the road; its REALLYYY hard...
Old 10-14-2008, 11:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Honestly I couldn't do a no-carb diet. I can't do any diet that restricts me from eating something. But then I'm a natural rebel - you tell me I can't have something or can't do something and my knee-jerk reaction is to want to do it just out of contrariness.

That's why I like calorie counting. There is nothing that is "forbidden" on the diet. If I want popcorn, I can have it - I just have to make sure I account for the calories.

Of course the longer I've counted calories the more I've realized that I want to save my calories for special treats, rather than waste them ... but at that point *I* am the one making the decision not to eat something, not some book or plan.

That's just me. And I know myself well enough at this point to know what works.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:31 PM   #5  

I know, it's hard. I also live a hectic lifestyle most of the time. My main goal was to quit eating fast foods, haven't touched the stuff in about 2 months. The odd time I go to Subway and get a sub, but thats it.
You should never begin a diet you can't live with for the rest of your life, thats why these fad diets never work. They are unrealistic.
Eating healthy, and exercising is key. Really, thats it.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:33 PM   #6  

Weight watchers really is a great program. You can eat what you want, you just have to stick within your points. It really works. It's $17 a week here in Canada, I'm sure it's cheaper in the USA though. Maybe it would work for you. ?
Old 10-14-2008, 11:37 PM   #7  

I don't have a WW program close enough to me.. I live in the boonies lol at least 40 min one way away...

I'm not good with counting my points etc cause I don't have any clue how to count points and calories etc...

I know I'd blow it in one meal because I do not like veggies and fruits mostly..
I've tried; but I just havent been able t like them yet...

I do exercise; but not nearly as often as I should
Old 10-14-2008, 11:42 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarStevens View Post
I don't have a WW program close enough to me.. I live in the boonies lol at least 40 min one way away...

I'm not good with counting my points etc cause I don't have any clue how to count points and calories etc...

I know I'd blow it in one meal because I do not like veggies and fruits mostly..
I've tried; but I just havent been able t like them yet...

I do exercise; but not nearly as often as I should

I was the same way when it came to veggies - hated them. But, I've learned to like them. It's how you cook them, I always add grated parmasean cheese to steamed brocolli, cauliflower, and carrots, or sometimes I buy them with cheese already on them, and you just pop them in the microwave... Maybe not the healthiest, but sometimes I need the change.
The cheese kind of masks the veggie taste.
You can join WW online. Once you joined you would be told how to do the whole point system and stuff. Basically, 50 cals = 1 point. As for how many points your allowed, it's the first 2 #'s of your weight. For example, I'm allowed 30 points at the moment.
Very easy, it's not rocket science.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:47 PM   #9  

So, you would be allowed 17 points per day.
If WW seen this they would probably want to kill me...
You don't even need to join. I just think this way would work a lot better for you then these fad diets.
Hope I helped a little.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:00 AM   #10  

oh thank you! I'll do some research and see how to calculate etc my points ..

17 points..thats not a lot right??
Old 10-15-2008, 12:30 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

I do WW at home and have never paid for a meeting, but 17 points seems really low. I am at 142 pounds, 5'6", and at 20 points. I exercise five times a week, just walking, and always go over on my points. I am basically maintaining right now and don't have much of a desire to lose more than about seven or eight more pounds. If I feel like doing that, then I will just start keeping a food journal and stay within my points.

I as well tried low carb and it seemed like I was always losing and regaining the same eight pounds. I have never in my life lost weight like I have on WW. I am now the lowest I have been in ten years. I am in better shape now than I was then too. Back then I was a size 8/10 at 140 pounds, and now I am a 6/8 at 142 pounds. Good luck to you. If you need any help with anything check out my blog or private message me.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 02:06 AM   #12  
Allie K

S/C/G: 193/170/145

Height: Could be taller... If I stretched my legs

I guess it;s the will power sort of thing. You could say if you start eating this, then what else are you gonna do when the time comes. You see, I had that same problem.
alliek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:00 AM   #13  
Leaning out of Lurkdom ;)

Height: 5' 7"

She gets 24 pts, plus 35 flex pts. a week. The flex to be used anyway she wishes. Meaning to split em up say adding 5 points to her 24 giving her 30 points a day OR she can save them for a splurge/treat.

Sorry on my out right now or I would of written more. Send her down to the Weight Watcher area of the boards here.
sweetnsassyfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:27 AM   #14  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Since you seem to be struggling with "no-carb"...have you ever considered giving "low-carb" a try? I can speak from personal experience, it works! The key is doing it correctly. You commented you have no clue how to lose weight the right way...if you are interested in the low carb lifestyle, I would strongly recommend reading Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution and Protein Power Lifeplan by Dr's Michael & Mary Dan Eades. Both are excellent books that will provide you with optimal information regarding low carb eating.

As for veggies, making veggies low carb can be truly delicious! This site is one of the best on the internet for low carb recipes: http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html

Of course, this is just my personal opinion but...I don't think I could stick with no-carb very long. Its a great way to break a "stall" but...its not a very sustainable lifestyle.

All the best to you!!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:14 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I have a few questions and comments....

~Why are you doing a 2 week NO carb diet? Even Atkins, which from what I know is about the lowest of the low carb diets, has you on a LOW carb 2 week induction period. The induction period has you eating 20 carbs a day...NOT zero. I am not understanding why you are eating ZERO carbs.

~Secondly, 17 WW Points a day is incorrect. The WW plan's LOWEST Points allowance per day stops at 18...and then you would have your weekly 35 as well.

As far as "not knowing how" to count Points, that is what the meetings are for. If you decided to go to Weight Watchers, they have an informational session for first timers after your first meeting. They SHOW YOU how.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote