Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-09-2008, 09:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Default getting back on track

I decided towards the end of summer that this (school) year was going to be my year. Senior year of college...i weigh about 165 and wanted to get down to my freshman weight of 140. I was doing ok, feeling healthier, working out a few (maybe 2) days a week, drinking water, and feeling less bloated.

The past two weeks have been rough and I've been eating junk and feeling yucky and bloated. I have a lot of stress from school, work, and other things. I should be getting my period in a day or two but thats no excuse. I decided i needed to get back on the wagon today.

For the past two weeks i've been telling myself that i'm going to wake up and do exercise in the morning because it gives you energy through out the day. Unfortunately, i learned that this is not for me because i keep hitting snooze and waking up even later than normal.

Tonight, i walked on the treadmill for an hour. I think i went 3.25 miles. Most of the time I was walking around 3.2 miles an hour with a 1.5 incline. When i was on track a few weeks ago, I'd walk a bit, and run 5 minute bursts for half an hour or so. I decided tonight I'd compromise and walk for an hour. I did run for a few minutes, just to feel the rush that I love.

I ate a bowl of cereal for breakfast ( a healthy kind of cereal..i forgot the brand...wild something), a few bites of my boyfriends subway sandwhich, which was slathered in some kind of sauce, but thats all i had time to grab,....a reeses cup from my boss at work, a rice dish from my school caf for dinner, no meat...I have no idea if it's a great choice or not, but you get to pick as many veggies as you want to put in there, and then its plain white rice that I pick, and a sauce called hunan. A snapple green tea. A special K bar. I plan on finished the evening with some camomile tea with honey (helps with the stress) and maybe some cereal if I'm still hungry before bed. I'm going to try to be in bed by midnight. It's hard to eat normal when I travel back and forth between school and work and dorm and back home on weekends. It's hard to buy fresh things for one, and when you don't have much money.

So, I feel good that I'm "back," but feel bad for the wasted past two weeks.

Last edited by Scorpio1986; 10-09-2008 at 11:31 PM.
Scorpio1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:58 PM   #2  
to better health

Welcome "back". Don't fret about the past, just concentrate on each new day, one at a time. You can do it!
Marlene On A Mission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 11:18 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Thank you for your kind words, Marlene.
Scorpio1986 is offline   Reply With Quote