Tough weekend ahead

• My brother in law has flown in from Canadia and will be spending the weekend in the area.

I knew this was coming - but he said he wasn't coming until Spring. I figured I had time to lose some more weight so the reaction would be an audible "Wow, you look great!" rather than an internal "Gee what a cow".

But...I shouldn't be focusing on that. I'm not very close to him, but that doesn't matter. I still don't want to be the fatty fatty 2x4 sister in law.

The MAJOR problem is the eating out. We're going to a hibachi for my father in law's birthday...and fried rice is a weakness that doesn't jive well with low carb.

Couple that with actually having to interact with my mother in law {we have a burning hatred for each other} and my weekend is PERFECT!

I will NOT binge. The restaurants will be there later...just because there's family in town does not mean I need to splurge...or get depressed...or break down in tears and rush from the room...
  • You can do it, you don't need fried rice and with every thing else going on in your life right now you can certainly use the emotional boost that you will get from CONTROLLING YOURSELF while eating out.

Hang in there, stress is a killer, but when the weekend is over and you have conquered the issues you will feel GREAT!
  • I wish you luck and optimism! Just remember not to let one mess up derail all your progress! It's easy to beat yourself up for mistakes and make things worse. I totally get the wanting to look good for the other halfs family, my MIL hates me as well, we should start a club lol.
  • i feel your pain on this one.. my MIL hates me as well.. and his side of the family loves to make fun of everyone.. including me. Luckily I have a great wit and sense of humor. Just try to think positive.. and dont give in to the temptations!!
  • Quote: The restaurants will be there later...j
    That is so true. When you want the fried rice, remember that it won't be your only chance ever to have it. Also, if the grease makes you ill, think about that.

Maybe come up with a small non-food treat to have whenever you come back from dealing with MIL. Even something as simple as setting aside a magazine you enjoy.
  • Get one of those stress balls, instead of eating when you get frustrated with your inlaws - give it a few squeezes under the table at the restaurant.
    When someone frustrates me enough to want to eat, I tell myself " I am not going to let so-and-so dictate my food! They are not worth the calories".
  • LoL

Disaster avoided...this weekend.

MIL made this HUGE deal about us having to keep BIL/his girlfriend entertained THIS WEEKEND. Well...he's not coming for another 2 weeks. *sigh*
  • keep the determination up....
    its going to be tough for me to....
    have a road trip to Reading tomorrow....
    which tends to mean eat crappy food for lunch....
    im so guna push for pub lunch or packed sandwhiches....
    gotta be up before 7am to do half me exercise before we leave at 8am!....