Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-21-2008, 12:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Default Compliments! Are you getting some?

What compliments have lifted your mood lately?

Yesterday I got a goodbye hug from my 8 year-old niece. I see her probably a couple times a week and alway get hugs She wrapped herself around my waist and held on a bit longer than usual. Then she let go and said "Wow, you've lost a *lot* of weight!" My human tape measure

How about you?
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 12:54 AM   #2  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I went to a party today and was really good about my eating. I got TONS of complements from almost everyone I saw, which was actually nice but also a bit embarassing too. It's like, what was I before, this huge disgusting thing? Kwim? Anyway, now, I'm home and I just binged. I'll get back on track tomorrow.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:17 AM   #3  

I do KWYM But I'd rather have the compliments, although I agree it's a bit much if you're bombarded in a group. Get some good sleep and tomorrow will be good
Old 07-21-2008, 01:55 AM   #4  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

boyfriend hugged me the other day and said wheres the rest of u gone....
mate saw me the other day and said god u look good (after not seeing me for a year)....
um, none others really....
a comment of, can i get in those pants with you!....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 04:31 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 131/100/70 kg

Height: 167 cm

Last night was funny. One of my friends is also Greek and well culturally when someone is losing weight we do get a reaction. Anyway she see me, (the last time she saw me I was 5 kg more) and she goes:

"*gasp* OMG Katerina you look like a million pounds (as money not weight)! How much did you lost?"

I turn to say my thanks and I am chattering happily and then I turn and all our English friends are "0.0 Is she is supposed to say that so openly?"

We had a good laugh about it!

Last edited by preetyladyserenity; 07-21-2008 at 07:30 AM.
preetyladyserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 05:29 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 200/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5" / Low Carb WOE

My five year old telling me, "Mom, you're getting skinny."

My husband telling me I'm looking much slimmer and all my curves are in the 'right' places (if you know what I mean).

A woman I am lunch-buddies with (we meet for lunch in the summer or onsen in the winter about once every other month) telling me I look fantastic and asking me to share my 'secret'.

But the best of all was my doctor ogling the chart amazed at my weight loss, then telling me I need another blood workup...so I told him I'd just had one the day before. He checked it and said that he was impressed! Complimented me on my weight loss and told me my tests came back great!
snapless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 07:43 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I had a (I think) subtle compliment from a friend's husband at a picnic a couple of days ago....

"Why would you want to lose more weight?" (doesn't that mean he thinks I look good now?!?)

My husband is *always* complimenting me on my weight loss. Helps a bunch!
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:28 AM   #8  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

I think the best one lately was DH calling me "fitness lady".

I would have never applied that label to myself in the past.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:16 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 211/182/150 (For now)

Height: 5'4"

I had a family reunion this weekend so I got lots of nice compliments. But the one thing I hate is when they say, "there won't be anything left of you if you lose any more." Umm, yes, there will be plenty!

Also, (maybe TMI), just last night my husband and I were lying in bed and he says, "you wanna hear something funny?" I say, "Probably not....." And he says, "It's almost like I'm not even holding the same person anymore. You know I'll love you no matter what but I am so proud of you." I thought that was sweet.
LynseyLikes2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:43 AM   #10  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

I got TONS of compliments from a friend with whom I met for dinner recently (we have not seen each other since March). Then, last week, at work, I went to give something to a former colleague of mine (he transferred to a different department) - he knows that I am losing weight and complimented me when I lost about 18 lbs - and when I get to his cube, he yells at full tilt "OH MY GOSH, YOU ARE SO SKINNY!"
It's actually funny, because he knows me so well it is strange - he said how much did you lose by now - 25 lbs? And I am on 26 lbs, so he was bang on. Also, I sent him an email (one of those joke emails that you circulate around) - it had lots of pictures of "Buttons you would not wear to work" and most of the slogans on the messages had a sexual context (in a funny way). He commented on the email and says "Your favourite one was xxxx" - I literally gasped because again, he was right on and it made me blush.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:56 AM   #11  

These are fantastic everyone, and so fun to read!
Old 07-21-2008, 11:22 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

Other than the weightloss compliments i get, i have to say one that made me proud of was that the girls in the office always felt like i pushed them too hard and too long when we went out for our lunch time walks. They said i was like Hitler or something. Also, to have a guy from our news room tell me that i motivated him to lose weight by watching me lose weight.

I do love to hear compliments on my weightloss. My bf's mom told me this weekend i looked like i had lost more weight (reality is, i had put on about 4 pounds) but it felt great to hear that. My kids think i'm really skinny now too. And that makes me feel good. One less thing for other kids to pick on my kids about.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:31 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 171/105/105

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy

Nope. Lost 20 lbs and people still refer to me as "fat".

MrsLovett
MrsLovett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:46 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 138/127/120

Height: 5'4

My husband is always playing with my ribs and telling my he wants to buy some mallets so he can play the xylophone, LOL.

I went to a party on Saturday, and everyone was telling me how good I looked, and asking how I lost so much weight. It was nice
Zima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 12:05 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumifan4ever View Post
Also, to have a guy from our news room tell me that i motivated him to lose weight by watching me lose weight.
Isn't that great? I know lots of people get discouraging comments about their weight loss from jealous people (fat or not), but I think the more the better - I would love a world where healthy food and healthy activity and healthy attitudes are the norm! Imagine how much easier it would be to maintain, and how many people wouldn't get skewed about food in the first place. The more people who "get it" the closer we get.