Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-09-2008, 08:56 PM   #1  

Default Global Health and Fitness

Hi there. I have been lurking on 3FC for about a month now and decided to finally join. I have been doing alot of research on dieting, the best way to eat, etc. I recently read Bob Greene's Diet for Life and YOU on a Diet. I went back to the computer to do more research. I have been going to this boot camp in my area for just over 2 months. I can do the work outs (almost) but my eating habits are my downfall. I started looking into a trainer in my area named Roger White. Googling him led me to Global Health & Fitness. It seems pretty interesting and wondered if anyone else has looked into this? The cost is like $20 a month. They do send you 2 free e-books, one that has a eating plan that i kind of started this week. Monday I followed it to the tee, TuesdayI followed it all day until dinner, where I proceeded to have some pita with my salad and then today I follwed it all day until dinner again where I began to stress, thinking my son had cancer or somethingelse like menigitis, so I had 4 tacos from taco bell. Son is fine BTW. I really think I can follow this plan, but I was considering joining the online program. I did google reviews and all have been good. I couldn't come up with a bad review, although that has happened to me before.

Anyways, any advice would be great!!
Thanks,
Tina
tinadago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:11 PM   #2  
it's always something

Hi Tina, welcome to 3FC

I'd be hesitant to purchase their program because they advertise losing 40 pounds in 12 weeks. If that were possible, it wouldn't be healthy.

I could only find a few reviews online, and they were positive - but they also were being paid for positive reviews with affiliate links.

Is there something in particular you like or dislike about the plan? There's probably a free alternative available
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 05:32 AM   #3  

Hi Suzanne. Well, from what the website says, you have people to email with for whatever you may need. Also they will customize afood and fitness plan that works specifically for your lifestyle. I do know that 40lbs in 12 weeks is unrealistic. The food plan is fairly simple. The e-book is a chart. You have 5-6 meals a day, and it tells you to have protein with every meal,but the first 2 meals you have a starchy carb with your protein, lunch you have the same but also add a fibrous carb (veggies) and then for mid afternoon meal you have a protein with a veggie carb and the same with dinner. I think there is one more meal in there, but after dinner I cannot eat anymore. You know, it's nothing different from what we have all researched. Eat every 3 hours and eat protein to keep the metabolism up. It isn't like I don't know what I shold be eating. I am a diet freak, sticking with it is my problem. I am looking for the one for life. I have probably already answered my own question. It is probably dumb to join because I already know what I should eat and with bootcamp I know how to work out, too.

Thanks for your imput.
Tina
tinadago is offline   Reply With Quote