Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-08-2008, 09:48 PM   #16  
ars
looking for onederland

S/C/G: 300/ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

I drove by one of my previous bad food haunts today...a Chinese buffet. And you know what? I didn't want any! The thought made me go "bleh, yuck, gross." It was 7:30, I was stomach-rumbling-hungry since I hadn't had dinner, and all I could think of was how yummy my steamed broccoli and boca burger wrap would be at home. I'm proud of me today!
ars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:24 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 230/219/155

Height: 5'7"

Today I wanted a. Anything that wasn't nailed down (It's riiight before TOM) b. anything quick and convenient that I didn't have to cook (I forgot to thaw chicken breasts, and when I got home, we were in the middle of a wicked thunderstorm) BUT, despite all of this, I stuck to my normal eating habits and grilled a partially frozen fresh chicken breast in the rain and made a salad with some fresh cut oven roasted sweet potato pieces. Go me for not giving into the old habits. Now that's a NSV in itself...If only my TOM symptoms would go away.......
Mango683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:35 PM   #18  
ready to stand

S/C/G: 172/ticker/115

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphmitch View Post
I was so stressed today after being in a car accident this afternoon! Thank goodness I had leftover turkey & bean stuffed bell peppers in the fridge. That could have been a disaster. No sense in making the day get even worse.
Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that..

But, you're right. It wouldn't do any good to ruin your plan and make the day that much more stressful. Great job, you made a good choice.

- - -

As for me.. I really wanted macaroni and cheese tonight for dinner. But, I let my sister and brother eat it, and I ate a pork chop and healthier chicken pasta.
MelodyLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 06:30 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 155/118/118

Height: 5'2

I don't know if this counts, but last night I had a dream that I was at a pretzel stand. You know, the big soft pretzels with cheese sauce. My dream self decided that that would be bad for my diet, so I didn't have one.

It's pretty scary when you start dreaming about weight loss....
jellydisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:06 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

I'm craving pizza like crazy right now...But I'm not gonna do it!
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:23 PM   #21  
prepare for the BEST time

When my brother was undergoing radiation/chemo. he would constantly dream about food...(pancakes at I-hop).

i'm sooo angry/irritated right now i took $$ and thought i would walk to the cafeteria and get....younameit-pizza/french-fries or a burger....but i threw the $$ back on my desk and ate my cucumbers and a wedge of Laughing Cow.

i'll save my calories for a nice big glass of wine later!
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:05 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 138/127/120

Height: 5'4

I really want two double cheese burgers, large fries, and a large strawberry milkshake from McDonalds. But I know if I eat it, I will make myself throw it up, and that cycle is SO not worth it!
Zima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:41 PM   #23  
I wont give in.

S/C/G: 312/188/130

Height: 5'8

I crave everything you all just mentioned. But I REALLY want the apple pie in the kitchen. But I wont, I will think about the trip to the beach Friday. (thats enough to scare anyone straight )
bfvgirlplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:13 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 260.7/153/130

Height: Almost 5 foot 6

A Mars Bar!

I wont though because:
I'm only 14 days post op so not authorised to exercise (never thought I'd say it's killing me to not be able to run? I dread the loss of fitness though )
It's 22.13hrs; too late! I'm not hungry! I don't need all that refined sugar!
I will feel guilty :|

So instead I'm going to surf the net until I'm tired enough for sleep
denialisnthappiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:30 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 140/111/103

Height: 5'1

I want the pie in the fridge, but instead I'll have a cup of tea.
sm177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:33 PM   #26  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I want to eat the cashews and chocolate chips in the kitchen. But I am not going to. I'm brushing my teeth and going to bed!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:40 PM   #27  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

You gals are making me hungry!

Angie made roasted vegetables...BBQ chicken....rosemary bread and sweet potatoes for dinner....I ate that instead of more leftover pizza in the fridge...so much better tasting and better for me!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:02 PM   #28  
Go Cubs Go!

S/C/G: Too/Effing/Much!

Height: 5' 7"

My son left a Snickers Almond bar in my refrigerator. It has been whispering to me, all day. As soon as he is home from work, he will get that thing out of my fridge.

You may ask why I don't move it out, myself. To touch it would be to put myself in a dangerous place. As long as I keep my grubby little paws off it, I am okay.

For now.

I had three pretzel rods a little while ago. Satisfied my snack urge for a lot fewer calories.
Rain Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 01:11 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

My boss just came up to me with a movie box of Mike & Ikes, Whoppers or Junior Mints....I politely took the Mike & Ikes and then when she left I went back and put them in a tupperware sealed up food storage container in the break room. I looked at them and almost caved...but I didn't.

We also had a networking event at our office this morning and the catering lady had HOT blueberry muffins doused with that melt in your mouth icing. I stayed far, far away...that was really hard.
piperboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 02:48 PM   #30  

Swedish Fish.
They're my favorite candy. I can resist almost all candy but I find I better not get near Swedish Fish.
I wish there were a diet Swedish Fish.
hotmomma is offline   Reply With Quote