Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-06-2008, 08:15 PM   #1  
back to balance

Height: 5'7"

Default Focus on the positive!

I really liked the thread PhotoChick opened the other day that evolved into a list of things we're proud of, things we didn't to wrong today - good choices we made and bad choices we avoided.

So, anybody with me?

My proud moment today: At the supermarket I was contemplating buying a six-pack of 100cal pudding snacks because my sweet tooth has been nagging me something fierce this week. Then I reminded myself that I wanted to cut back on the processed stuff, bought a container of fresh mixed fruit instead and had them for lunch with plain yogurt and dried coconut flakes - delicious!

What are your victories today?
Heffalump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 08:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Great idea.

I am trying to get back on track and lose the 8 pounds I've gained. Today I had 2 events to attend and was able to avoid the dessert and champagne at the first and the hors d'ouvres at the second.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 08:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Yay.

Today I had a bloody mary before dinner. Kept within my calories, enjoyed it, and didn't give in to the urge to have another.

My first truly healthy day since coming off the antibiotics for pneumonia. A good breakfast, a decent lunch, and fish and veggies for dinner. I'm back on track!

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 09:00 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

Today, when planning out my foods for the day, I considered going on the lazy/processed route(like I've been doing lately) and having a Lean Cuisine for dinner instead of making something. I planned out chopping up and cooking myself a chicken breast instead, which I'm going to do soon.
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 10:19 PM   #5  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Well, since we are having weather as if we were in Houston, Texas (in spite of being in Ontario) we got lollipops at the office - they were in all freezers up for grabs; and in the afternoon, we were invited for a 1/2 hr break on the patio for ice cream treat.
The ice cream treat consisted of ice cream patties on a stick, dipped in chocolate. I started to look for calorie information on the boxes - none to be found. So I looked at the list of ingredients - hydrogenated vegetable oil was #1. I said 'Thank you, I'll pass' and I put it back in the box.
I admit that I did have one lollipop but those were only 60 calories each.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 10:24 PM   #6  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

AWESOME Gals!

Angie and I went for Italian...split two dinners in half to bring home....then shared the rest! Only one cannoli...for her!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 10:35 PM   #7  
back to balance

I'm very impressed, ladies and gentleman

Heather, congrats on resisting on not one but two social occasions in one day! Those are always my downfall (and I say this on the eve of a two-barbecue Saturday, so I'll try to tap into your willpower tomorrow if you don't mind )

PhotoChick, kudos on getting back on track! It's such a nice feeling to click back into gear. Oh, and I didn't know about your pneumonia - hope you're all recovered!

Layri, all hail non-processed food! Good job on resisting the lures of the Ding-ding-ready-microwave-option!

EZ, I love the idea of your Friday night splits - and you heroically saved your Angie from all but one of the evil cannoli! Hmmm... cannoli...
Heffalump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 10:41 PM   #8  

Congratulations on resisting temptation! I avoided snacking on a colleague's chocolate today.
Katrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 10:49 PM   #9  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

I did a lesson on nutrition with my kids at lunchtime. Words like "fiber" and "protein" are becoming part of our family vocabulary.

I took my whole family swimming. Fun, fun, fun in the sun...and good exercise, too.

I ate well all day and drank my water.

I made sweet-potato oven fries, and my husband loved them; previously he has always HATED sweet potatos in any form. But this time he chowed down on them. Victory!

And I haven't gotten angry or yelled at anyone today, at all! It's been a harmonious and happy day...which is probably the best part. Just been a good, joyful time with the people I love.
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 11:07 PM   #10  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

I went to the BEST dessert place in town (a friend asked me to go with him after we met for a meeting) and even thought they had a VEGAN chocolate mousse bundt cake, dipped in chocolate and I would have gobbled it right up in the past, as it's RARE to find vegan treats like that ready made, I said "No thanks" and asked about the chocolate dipped strawberries instead.

Guess what? They were VEGAN (and low carb by default).

I ate two and enjoyed them fully, with pleasure (and stayed on plan too!).

SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 05:48 AM   #11  
me me me

S/C/G: 168/150/120

Height: 5'2"

I went out last night to a party for a coworker who got promoted.
I didn't drink at all and only had 2 prawns and a bite of Thai curry.
I have promised myself that I will not drink alcohol at all until I feel like I can make better, conscious life choices based on what I want and not what I think everyone else wants, on a regular basis. And even though I was out with people who make fun of you if you're not drinking, I stood my ground.

I got lots of compliments on my recent weight loss though
s0nali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 08:46 AM   #12  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

The Friday night splits is so cool.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 10:13 AM   #13  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

On Thursday an old employee brought in four kinds of fudge that her father made. Four kinds! While I'm PMSing! But I resisted, and then I resisted again yesterday when it was still there, taunting me.

This morning I got up at 7am to do a 1.5 hour workout before the temperature outside went through the roof. It seems unfair to have to get up that early on a Saturday, but I'm glad I did.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 11:13 AM   #14  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Went to farmer's market this morning. Bought fresh asparagus, tomatoes and almond butter. Passed up the free samples of everything. The homemade fudge looked really good too.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 03:05 PM   #15  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulBliss View Post

I went to the BEST dessert place in town (a friend asked me to go with him after we met for a meeting) and even thought they had a VEGAN chocolate mousse bundt cake, dipped in chocolate and I would have gobbled it right up in the past, as it's RARE to find vegan treats like that ready made, I said "No thanks" and asked about the chocolate dipped strawberries instead.

Guess what? They were VEGAN (and low carb by default).

I ate two and enjoyed them fully, with pleasure (and stayed on plan too!).

I'm almost grateful that there aren't any vegan restaurants in my area to tempt me! Vegan chocolate mousse bundt cake? I'd fall over and die in a puddle of my own drool.

Way to go passing it up and getting the strawberries instead!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote