Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-09-2008, 01:05 PM   #1  
On my way to a better ME!

S/C/G: 250/ticker/135

Default I've finally changed my ticker........

So my ticker USED to say 175 as my current weight. Somewhere around February I gained back around 5 pounds and just kind of "hovered" there for awhile. I never changed the ticker cause I figured I'd be back there soon--it's ONLY 5 pounds, right? WRONG!!! Here I sit at 185 as of this morning. That "easy to lose" 5 pounds turned into a 10 pound gain! I am so mad at myself! My running (on the treadmill) became less and less and that is one obvious reason I gained, PLUS I just can NOT get control of my eating. Just recently I joined a gym so that working out would be fun again! And it is, I LOVE going to spin class, it kicks my butt, it's at 5:45 am so the day gets off to wonderful start. Somewhere in the middle I just throw it all away on anything! I realize that I can't have cookies in the house, but if I don't have them, I will just find something else, ANYTHING else! I have a mini vacation coming up in November. I'm going to see this band I LOVE in the U.K. and I just really want to lose 45-50 pounds before then. Which I think is totally reasonable. Why now after a solid year of working out (not eating the best, but better than now) am I self sabotaging? I can't find my self control or my inner strength. Help! Anyone, with ANY thoughts, ideas...anything! I really need it!!!

Last edited by Rocker Chick; 05-09-2008 at 01:05 PM.
Rocker Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 01:19 PM   #2  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Okay I'm in exactly the same boat! I gained 7 lbs and just couldn't get back into my healthy habit for weeks. But after somebody on the board suggested it, I've made a food plan of what I'll eat for the whole week including snacks and I havent binged since. But the thing is stay positive, because you havent gained back ALL of your weight so you can still prevent that!

You'll be fine. By the way, what band are you coming to see?
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 01:28 PM   #3  

Thanks, it's good to know I'm not alone in this.

THe greatest band in the world.......THUNDER!
I'm sure you know them!
Old 05-09-2008, 01:32 PM   #4  
Burning it away

Yeah, I know them :P Actually I very nearly went to see them this past year.

Anyway, you're never alone, I think there are plenty of women on the forum who can relate

Let us know how it goes!
Old 05-09-2008, 03:22 PM   #5  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoz View Post
I've made a food plan of what I'll eat for the whole week including snacks and I havent binged since.
That's a perfect way to get back on track! Great job!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 05-09-2008 at 03:22 PM.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 04:09 PM   #6  

a food plan does sound like a good place to start, the trouble is, I don't know if I can make a good food plan. What's a good example of a good food plan?
Old 05-09-2008, 04:26 PM   #7  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Hi Rocker Chick,

I don't if this helps you - but I don't buy anything I should not be eating. It takes discipline at the store, which I find easier than when the food already sits in my fridge or in my cupboards. If it is already in the house, then it usually finds a way into my mouth.
I buy tons of veggies & fruit (I have tell you, this healthy lifestyle is not healthy at all for my bank account!!), if I am buying anything from flour it has to be whole wheat and have lots of fiber. I was drooling over the grocery store flyers yesterday - they are stocking the freezers will all sorts of enticing burgers and stuff, but then I went grocery shopping later in the evening and I did not any of that - only the "good" stuff.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 04:36 PM   #8  
Burning it away

Well Rocker, it depends. Do you count calories, and how have you been trying to lose weight?
Old 05-09-2008, 04:42 PM   #9  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

doh sorry rocker i pmed without reading the replies.. thunder are cool!

where are they playing?

ive just started counting cals and exercising every day its helped loads!
PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 12:34 PM   #10  

I've probably had the most success with counting calories. I'm not the best at keeping a food journal. Most of the time I add it up in my head. I'm really not sure as to how many calories I should be taking in on a daily basis. One of the problems I have with making a food plan is how do you eat "normal" food and count calories? It's pretty easy to know how many calories are in veggies or fruit, but once I make an entree...I get lost real quick. I was doing lean cuisines for a long time, but I really didn't lose anything.
Old 05-10-2008, 01:42 PM   #11  
on my way to satisfaction

S/C/G: 245/230/160

Height: 5'6"

Did you think about joining a weight loss group. ALot of places have them for free like at churches, YMCA and what about your gym. sometimes they are included in your membership??
Just an idea for thought..

Shannon1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 02:11 PM   #12  
Burning it away

Well,, to lose weight you need to lower your calories by 500. I have a chart which explains the maximum calorie intake for losing weight based on your height and weight, so if you let me know you're height I'll have a look for you.

And to keep track of calories I have a calorie book with basic calorie averages for most types of food. You can probably find one in a local book store or the internet.
Old 05-10-2008, 04:13 PM   #13  

Shannon: I used to attend OA for a couple of years, but I just don't think that's the place for me. I might look into a different type of support group.

Spoz: 5'4" thanks that would be great!
Old 05-10-2008, 05:23 PM   #14  
Burning it away

Rocker if you eat less than 1712 cals per day you should lose weight!

Thats a good fair amount so you shouldn't really struggle to stay within that if you give it a go
Old 05-10-2008, 10:24 PM   #15  

Shoot, that sounds like alot! I was always aiming at 1300! I guess that's good news then, right? A friend of mine is giving me a small meals guideline so I'm going to make that my food plan. I should be able to follow that with few problems! Thanks so much spoz!