Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-10-2008, 05:34 PM   #1  
Slowly but surely

S/C/G: 195/See ticker/125

Default I hate shopping!

I feel kinda depressed... I've lost 30 somewhat pounds since last summer and I was so ready to get a new wardrobe for this summer. That is, until I hit the shops today. It took 2 shops to blow all my happiness away since nothing fitted right. Seems like im in-between sizes or something.

Anyway, trying to avoid splurging and cheating right about now. Trying to remember that it wouldnt make me feel better in the long run... Sigh.
Sunnya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 05:42 PM   #2  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Aw I know the feeling! I went shopping today ready to fit into some new clothes, and being let down. But actually..I bought the damn things anyway, because I will fit into them. And so will you! Just remember to get into those clothes (which you will) you need to stay positive and not stress too much about them!

Last edited by Spoz; 05-10-2008 at 05:43 PM.
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 06:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

I know this feeling too. I've lost 45 lbs and while my current clothes are baggier, I'm still wearing them. You'd think if someone lost that kind of weight the clothes would fall off....soon enough I gotta keep telling myself.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 07:26 PM   #4  

I feel your pain. I'm in between sizes right now. My clothes look baggy and sloppy on me, but the next size down is still snug. It can make me irritable not being able to get into that smaller size, and I just want to say "who cares" and start mindlessly eating junk food again. But.. I've come far in just 4 weeks and as much as I don't like wearing these baggy clothes, I'd really hate to have them tight on me.

You'll get into new clothes soon enough. In the meantime, you'll have more time to save money and buy something even more fabulous.

Congratulations on your 30lb weight loss!! That's awesome!
2fat2jump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 08:24 PM   #5  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Have no fear, when you least expect it you'll come across some item that fits perfectly and with a little luck it'll be on sale!
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 08:41 PM   #6  
Future Glamazon

S/C/G: 254/198/170

Height: 6'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fat2jump View Post
My clothes look baggy and sloppy on me, but the next size down is still snug.
Ditto.

On some days it seems like my clothes don't look any different on me at all.

One of those perks of being tall and being able to "carry my weight well." Sigh.
Apple Cheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 04:04 AM   #7  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

i too hat shopping....
i must be a uk 13 at the moment....
size 14s r too big, and 12s are too snug....
my summer goal was a perfect 12 but i am in actual fact a 13....
its gutting but i guess summer isnt officially here yet....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 04:19 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

ditto on the I hate shopping thing. Just wanted to chime in on that! :-)
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 07:53 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 233/181/160

Height: 5'9"

Just wait until you reach your goal and look terrific in everything you try. You'll be broke!! haha

The one thing I always hated about dieting is having to start buying new clothes ever so often when you are too skinny for them. Luckily I've been thin before (my baby) and I saved my old ones, lol.
CrazedLedZepFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 09:35 PM   #10  
Ija
Extra gluten

S/C/G: 286/135/135

I had the same experience of Friday. I hit the stores looking for some jeans since I don't have any pants that will stay up without a belt, but I gave up after two hours of frustration. Nothing fits me correctly anymore. Size 20 is too big but 18 gives me a hefty muffin top (and that's after several minutes of struggling with the zipper). I can't wait until I'm a "real" size.
Ija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 09:54 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

I'm another one who hates clothes shopping.

I thought I'd love it once I lost weight - being able to fit into anything I wanted. Bah!

I'm an Australian 8-10 (US4-6) but because my hips are a size bigger than my waist and my boobs non-existent but my ribcage is large it's impossible to find anything that fits properly!

And lets not go down the route of brands that can't make a consistent sizing! Gah! Thats a rant for another day lol.

I have to go shopping today or I will be running around nude...and in winter thats probably not the best idea :P
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 11:00 PM   #12  
blissfully gluten-free

S/C/G: 195/192/170

Height: 5'7"...................................... waist: 38"/34"/28"

Cool Ugh! Shopping!

Even when I've been a teeny weenie mini minnie, I do NOT like shopping.

I am such a fan of buying clothes online. No sales people, no "can I get you another size?" no askew looks of "oh, you must be shopping here for a friend because nothing here fits you."

Okay, obviously, if you're little, most of that stuff won't bother you, but I really don't even like the walking around the store, looking at stuff. Mulling about the mall, dealing with all the people.

Sooooooo nice to just point and click and buy and if it doesn't work, send it back and all I lose is the $6 shipping. Totally worth it to not have the drama of the stores, IMO.
full of grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 10:52 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 233/181/160

I have no butt, so my pants don't stay up. Very frustrating.
CrazedLedZepFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 12:39 PM   #14  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

I consider myself lucky that I don't need to go shopping.
I SWEAR that the worst mirrors are in the fitting rooms - at home, I never look so huge and lumpy and I don't know what else. I don't know if it is just the lighting but the stores are NOT doing themselves any favour. When I see myself in a fitting room mirror, I return everything back on the rack.

I have a HUGE supply of jeans in all sorts of sizes (not nice as it is evidence that over the years my weight kept going up - but at least it is moving in the opposite direction now). Right now, I am wearing jeans from Mark's Workhouse (I will never buy jeans there again) - not new, again, an item from my at-home stash. I cannot wait to shed them. Their jeans are too loose at the hips but they nip me at the waist. But it looks that at the end of the month I may be able to trade them for a pair that I bought a few years back. I actually could have worn them today already if I wanted - but I decided to wait until they don't have to stretch at all at the waist (they contain Lycra).

Thank God we have a very casual dress code at work - I don't think anybody would say anything if I showed up in sweat pants (assuming they would not be too baggy). One of the perks of a geek company, I guess.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote