Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-28-2008, 08:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 312/298/175

Height: 5"11

Angry Please Help!

I have been really watching what I eat for a whole week, and walking everyday and my weight was going down, but now it is back where I started, but I do notice myself getting smaller, and my clothes have gone down a size. any comments as to why my weight is the same? please help. I have been working at it really hard. I do my whey protein shakes for breakfast and dinner, for lunch I have chicken breast and veggies, and for snacks I do fruits... what gives? I am getting let down... please...
ChubsGalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 08:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 240.8/235.2/130

Height: 5'4"

Your clothes have gone down a whole size in a week? Weight doesn't come off exactly as we work things -- sometimes your body hangs onto weight or water for bit, then you see a bigger loss. Sometimes you're at a point where you need to drop calories or up exercise, or vice versa. With just one week, it's hard to tell. You may find yourself losing more than expected next week.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Weight loss can be really frustrating, because frequently weight loss is NOT linear.

As to why your weight has gone up -- it could be so many reasons... check out this great post (stickied at the top of this forum) about why scale weight fluctuates.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115826

Maybe it helps to know you aren't the only one going through this!

Keep up the good work!

Last edited by Heather; 04-28-2008 at 09:03 PM.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:11 PM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hang tight.

The first thing that jumps out at me is that you say you are "watching what you eat". Are you tracking your calories? Cause those babies have a sneaky way of adding up unless you're really and truly counting them.

Also, you must, I know this is difficult, but you must give it some more time. If you're truly sticking within a calorie range that will create a deficit, weight LOSS will occur. You can have a nice drop of a couple of lbs in another day or two. Weight loss is not automatic.

Just stick with this. Keep up the good work. You WILL be rewarded - by the scale and sooo very much more.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:38 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 312/298/175

Height: 5"11

The reason that I am so bummed about it, is because when I have tried all my other weight loss ventures, I have automatically loss 1 pound per day, and now...i don't see this happening.... well, I just got back from my walk..... and I am still semi positive... I will just start another day... and see what happens.... I am praying inshallah, that I will do it.,.... thnaks for the support....
ChubsGalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:41 PM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

One pound per day? But... how long did that last? I mean, sure in the beginning it's quite possible to lose 7 pounds the first week. I don't see that happening long term safely, though.

Doesn't matter if it comes off slower this time, though, right? Because it's about keeping it off down the road, not about getting it off fast only to return fast & with friends.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:56 PM   #7  
Ija
Extra gluten

S/C/G: 286/135/135

Beyond the first week or two, a loss of a pound a day is not sustainable, at least if you're eating a healthy, balanced diet. Don't be discouraged if your losses aren't on par with the average Biggest Loser weigh-in. Losing over 100 pounds takes time, and it requires permanent, sensible lifestyle changes. If you treat your body right, it will gradually slim down, but be prepared for little fluctuations in your weight. That's normal!

And keep in mind, quick weight loss is usually temporary weight loss!
Ija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:33 PM   #8  

I was going to say what Faerie did -- don't worry about what happened LAST time (did you gain it back?). Because THIS time you're going to KEEP it off!
Old 04-28-2008, 11:59 PM   #9  
Tiff

S/C/G: 322/ticker/175

Height: 5' 7"

when i first started this journey i was dropping huge numbers, 5lb weeks became the norm, but now in the last 8-12 weeks, the numbers have gone down considerably, now my normal weekly weight loss is between 1-2 lbs. 2 lbs being a good week now.
i think everyone is different and i think what your starting weight is contributes to the rate of weight loss.

i know one thing for sure, if i eat right and exercise more often than not, weight loss is inevitable. and i'm not in a race against time to get fit. (anymore) just as long as i'm putting good food in for fuel, it will happen.

hang in there you'll see more results soon enough
pipernoswiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 02:08 AM   #10  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

im lucky if i get a 2lb loss a week....
n i work my arse off....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 07:36 AM   #11  

loopy -- Don't despair. Our current weight also contributes to weight loss. You are VERY close to your goal and I wouldn't expect you would consistently lose 2 pounds a week!!! It was more likely for me to loses 2 pounds a week when I was morbidly obese!

Keep on going, you're doing great!
Old 04-29-2008, 10:02 PM   #12  
taking it 1 day @ a time

S/C/G: 180/145/145

Height: 5' 8"

keep going! keep going! keep going! remember that it takes a while to pack on pounds, so it'll take a while to get them off. And don't worry about what the scale says, go by how (loosely) your clothes fit.
mommiesruletheworld is offline   Reply With Quote