Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-26-2008, 11:40 PM   #1  
Bonzilla

S/C/G: 195/188/150

Height: 5'6''

Smile I'm new...

Hi everyone my name is Bonnie and I'm new to this site. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post but I'm having a hard time figuring out this site. I've been just a tad overweight since gradeschool..In high school I went from 175 to 155 with out really trying, but when I moved away for college I hit my highest weight at 183. I've gotten back down to 170, and at one point down to 160. I can lose about 10 lbs but I end up gaining it back. I noticed whenever I lost 10 lbs, it was because I was keeping a food journal and I thought I might try joining this site as well. I've creating a menu of 5-6 meals a day at about 1300 calories and walking an hour a day. I'm excited for my weight tracker to move! haha. Wish me luck!
Bonzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:43 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hi Bonnie!

You're in the right place, for sure. When most of us keep track of what we're eating, it's easier to lose weight, but as soon as we go back to our old habits, well... "If you keep doing what you've always done, you'll keep getting what you've always gotten." You may have to make a long-term habit out of journaling your food and walking. But that's not really a bad thing, right? Especially if it helps keep you at the healthy weight you'd like to be.

Have a look around. Take your time. Post wherever you're comfortable.

Best of success!!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 07:55 AM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey!

Glad to see you. It sounds like you're on track again! The thing to remember is that once the weight is gone, we can't just go back to old eating habits.

Good luck to you!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 08:33 AM   #4  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Hi Bonnie, welcome! I find keeping a food journal to be incredibly helpful in staying on plan, also. And as JayEll points out, it is important to make changes that you can keep and sustain in the long run because otherwise we have a tendency to just repeat our old mistakes!

Good luck!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 04-27-2008 at 08:33 AM.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 08:43 AM   #5  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

welcome to the forum....
you are in the right place....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 11:44 AM   #6  
Bonzilla

S/C/G: 195/188/150

Height: 5'6''

hey thanks guys! i'm excited to start over AGAIN. but i think i can stick with it this time. this is a very motivating and inspirational site
Bonzilla is offline   Reply With Quote