Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-20-2008, 06:55 PM   #1  
Believe and Achieve

S/C/G: 365/311/180

Angry I can't get started! Please help!

I'm so frustrated with myself right now! I can't get started on my diet! I want to start but I keep putting something bad in my mouth! What's wrong with me? Has food turned into an addiction for me? Is it my drug? I guess so, the way I've been abusing it! I need some serious help to break this addiction. I feel like I could just bust out crying right now. I can't stop eating so much. Can anyone help me please? How can I break my addiction? How can I stop eating?!!!!!!!

Christina
butterfly_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 07:00 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey Christina!

Is your ticker accurate? Because if so, you've already made some progress, right? How did you do that? Some sort of food control, right? So you CAN do this.

Have you visited the "Chicks in Control" forum? It may help you to have people to talk to who also struggle with food control issues.

For me, breaking the addiction required a couple of days of COLD TURKEY...I absolutely believe I was addicted to refined sugars and flours. I had to go without them for a week, and it was really brutal cravings-wise, but I had to be as strong as possible, in my mind. After that, the cravings lessened...but you have to fight through the cravings to get rid of them.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 07:09 PM   #3  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

Christina!
You can do this. Don't give up.
What's most helpful for to me is to plan out what I am going to eat for the day ahead of time. I write down 3 meals and 3 snacks for the day. This way I can control how many calories I'm getting and how many fruits/veggies. This helps me a lot! When I feel hungry, I already know what I'm going to eat for my next snack or meal and I don't just eat what I feel like (which wouldn't be good). Sometimes I change my plan midday and that's ok too, but this system helps me to stop from eating whatever whenever.
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 07:17 PM   #4  
navywife022506

S/C/G: 238/228/130

Height: 5'5"

I have that problem at times too. I have found out what my problem is though. I was sticking to a way too strick diet. I felt that I "couldn't" have "junk," but I altered my diet. I allow myself 1 "junk" item once a week, and I eat at 1 fast food joint twice a month. That has helped me a lot. I ended up going off my diet for about 2 weeks and was eating unhealthy foods. My husband was gone and my son's 2nd b-day party was last week. I was pretty excited because I haven't gained a pound from it, but I didn't lose any weight either, so I jumped back on my diet today. I think that you really have to hate the way that you look before you can do anything about it. I feel fatter and more bloated since I ended my diet, so that's what made me jump back on it. Good luck my deary!!
navywife022506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 07:28 PM   #5  
PielCanela

S/C/G: 209/214/170

Height: 5'7"

I can understand what you say, completely identifiy with that kind of relation with food. But... big difference is, you had a goal, and you achieved it, you even have some pics in one of your threads, you lost 60 pounds, that's like ... a kindergarden kid. And one of your threads also mentions how saying good things about yourself helps your self esteem. You can do it, I wish I already had my ticker 60 pounds below, like you do! You are beautiful and strong, and you can do it, you've already done it once...
animo!
Nightingale68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 07:29 PM   #6  
Never-giver-upper

S/C/G: 186/176/135

Height: 5'7"

bethbeth is right, planning is so important! If you surround yourself with things that are good for you and that you like (no sense eating cardboard-y things if you don't like them), you'll be less tempted to stray. And the cravings do lessen after a while. I know that first day or few can be really, really tough. You can do it - we're here if you need us!
Serena C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 07:37 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I went looking so I know that you have kept that 50 lbs off. You are just having a ... hungry spell ... we all have days or times like that.

I agree with all the others who think you need to look into this more seriously -however- just for now, there are a few little tricks you can do to regain a bit of control.

Read here at 3FC. Just read.

Bring your snack to the computer. Check the calorie count. Check the fat count ... check it out thoroughly and then decide if you want it -or- if you want the whole thing.

Put some of it away.

Put a few mouthfuls in the garbage. Flush it!

Chose something that is very good for you and cut it in little pieces. Like an apple or section an orange. Eat each piece slowly while you read lots here at 3FC.

Put on some music and dance for fifteen minutes. Go for a walk. Throw on a good TV show and do floor exercises.

Break the cycle. Stop ... think ... plan a healthy snack that's nutritious and helpful for building a lean, slender body. Wait for it ... carefully prepare it ... sit properly at a table and slowly eat and savour eat bite.

Don't forget to pat yourself on the back when you do practice control!

Last edited by srmb60; 02-20-2008 at 07:39 PM.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 08:32 PM   #8  
Made of Starstuff

I just wanted to give you a and my support.

The first step might be planning a soon-to-be meal. Forget about what you've already eaten. Plan your breakfast for tomorrow, or pack up a lunch. Something anything controlled and ready to go!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote