Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-26-2008, 04:33 PM   #1  
loseweight

S/C/G: S203/C193/G150

Height: 5.6

Default Have you experienced this problem?

Hello Everyone
I started this diet on Jan 14 and by Jan 23 I had lost 10 lbs. (Water weight I know). Jan 24 I gained 4 lbs. I was upset then I got TOM. It was 7 to 10 days early. Today I just don't want to eat. This morning I forced myself to eat an egg and piece of bacon. Made lunch for hobby and myself and I still don't want to eat. I had 2 slices of tomatos and cucumber and put my food away. I have never felt like this in my life. Even when I am sick I have been able to eat. So my question is should I force myself to eat or not? I don't want my body to go into starvation mode. I feel like I have drank a gallan of oil. The only thing different thing that I did yesterday was to have a big gyro salad for dinner and I drank about 3 or 4 glasses of diet coke for the first time since the 14th. I have been drinking only water and green tea.
artinformation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 05:24 PM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey!

Sounds like that gyro salad threw your system off.

I'd say, try to eat anyway. Avoid greasy foods or sugary foods--just take it easy. Some Special K with 1% milk, or some water-packed tuna with whole grain toast. Or, clear soups or chicken soup. And drink liquids--tea might be best, not green but just regular black tea. Or, sometimes you can find an herbal tea that helps settle the system. Ginger tea is good.

I hope you feel better!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 05:33 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

First off, your body won't go into starvation mode in a few days. If you're really not hungry, something you ate may have disagreed with you. So I agree with Jay...if you eat, eat something very easy on your system. If you're really feeling ill, though, don't stress about eating...you might have a touch of food poisoning, or just have food that didn't settle right.

Our bodies are pretty good at telling us when they need a break from eating (and we stop getting hungry, like you described). You do need to make sure you get plenty of fluids, and if you're not hungry for several days in a row, go visit your doctor to see if something is going on to ruin your appetite.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 05:48 PM   #4  
Wannabe Health Nut!

S/C/G: 228/ticker/128

Height: 5"4

SUPPOSEDLY (don't quote me!) fasting every once in a while won't hurt you, and can actually be good for you, giving your body a break, so I agree with Mandalin82 in that you should probably just listen to your body and not eat if you don't feel like it.. I mean, oftentimes, parents will freak out because their son/daughter isn't eating very much even though they seem otherwise healthy, and they're worried they'll suffer malnutrition, but the pediatrician will usually just say "they'll eat when they're hungry"..

The weight gain is probably just from the salt in the gyro meat and will go away in a few days if you drink lots of fluids. (I get that quite a bit as I hold on to salt like no one's business, it's normal for ME to see a weight gain of a few pounds from day to day, but so far it's all gone away)

Maybe you could have a citrus-inclusive juice smoothie or something acidic if you want to get something down, as the citrus taste may remove some of the oily feeling and the vitamin C will help perk you back up. Just a thought, as I will usually have something acidic if I have a bad taste in the mouth/gut and it helps me.

Hope you feel better!
LittleMissMotivation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:48 PM   #5  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Camomille tea helps settle my belly when it's not feeling super. I get the decaffinated kind.

Hope you feel better soon!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 08:58 PM   #6  
navywife022506

S/C/G: 238/228/130

Height: 5'5"

You still need to eat but only enough to "survive." When I feel like not eating, I will eat a mini-bagel with Fat Free cream cheese or I will eat a piece of wheat toast with fat free butter. Eat a cup of fruit in lite syrup with fat free cottage cheese and a little portion of dinner.

Also, I did read what you wrote about the breakfast that you made. Over weight people have to not only diet to lose weight but to maintain cholestoral. Because you are over weight you are more pron to high cholestoral. The fatty bacon, unless turkey bacon, shouldn't be eaten and you should eat egg whites and no yolk. My cholestoral is high and I am only 23! My body can't even tolerate eggs anymore, which is a good thing.....lol.

Best of wishes to you and I KNOW that you can do this!
navywife022506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 09:05 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 403/250/150

Height: 5'8"

I went two months feeling like that, I didnt force it but ate at least once a day, amazingly I only lost a few lbs from that. I dont know why that happens. Its weird.
violaholladay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:35 PM   #8  
loseweight

S/C/G: S203/C193/G150

Height: 5.6

Thank you everyone for your wonderful advise. 2 days later and I am feeling much better. I stopped the Grapefruit Diet and I started Atkins today. I feel great and I found so many good recipes on this site and other sites that I can't wait to try
artinformation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 07:26 AM   #9  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

You didn't say you were doing the Grapefruit Diet! No wonder you weren't hungry. Also, if you are taking certain medications, grapefruit is not good! I'm glad you stopped doing it.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote