Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-25-2008, 11:22 AM   #1  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

Default I think I'm stuck...

I have been stuck at 208 for the past week. Haven't really changed my diet. I don't really follow any diet/weight loss plan, but I do watch my calories and the type of food I eat. I know I haven't been exercising as much as I'd like but what else could help get me "unstuck"?
tkglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 11:29 AM   #2  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

Sometimes it's "hidden" calories, or the fact that you're just taking in a little more than you thought. Not enough exercise will also definitely stall you. Other times it's just a matter or time. I was stuck around 191 for 3 weeks but I knew I was doing things right and just kept plugging along and then bam! 4 lbs. gone all at once. Our bodies don't always lose weight in an even linear fashion

Last edited by wisher; 01-25-2008 at 11:29 AM.
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 11:46 AM   #3  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

I want to start by saying that a week at the same weight is not that long at all! Weight loss is a process, and you have to be in for the long haul I didn't budge from 162 between the beginning of September and a week or so ago and I started my journey in February of 2006.

Now that that is over with I'd say that now might be a good time to determine what type of a weight loss plan you want to have. Calorie Counting? Weight Watchers? Something else? Having this plan will help you stay on track and reach your goal, as well as helping you to stay there once you reach it!

Last edited by modkittn; 01-25-2008 at 11:47 AM.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 01:54 PM   #4  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

A week is never "stuck". A week is, often, your body adjusting. If you really are EXACTLY on plan and don't lose for a week, there is no reason to panic just yet...wait another week and see what happens.

IF, however, you haven't been exactly on plan, a week without loss can also be a wakeup call. Get back to your plan, exactly as you intended it, and see if that helps. Count every morsel, track every bite. If you still don't lose, after two weeks of exactly being on plan, I might reduce your calories a bit and/or tweak the plan...but only after giving it a fair trial first!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 10:25 AM   #5  
in F major

S/C/G: 278/223/178

Height: 6'

On the bright side, you didn't gain any of that weight back that you worked so hard to shed.

If seeing a concrete number change helps to keep you motivated, I recommend taking your measurements weekly. Even if you don't drop weight in a given week, you can still lose inches.
Tharmony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 10:30 AM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I also agree that a week isn't all that long.

BUT, if you reread your post there are some telliing things in there. Like not exercising as much as you should and *watching* your calories. Unfortunately it is all too easy for those little suckers to add up. I need to actually count them. It's the only thing that keeps me totally and brutally honest with myself and I know EXACTLY where I stand.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote