3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   300+ and Ready To Try Again... #129 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/13201-300-ready-try-again-129-a.html)

Grannie39074 02-06-2002 01:57 PM

Congrats 2cute grandchildren are wonderful.

katrina; DAR has programs about historical and patriotic subjects. We do lots of work with children and other worthy causes.

Well I better go for now still feel crummy.

QueenB 02-06-2002 05:40 PM

Hello Everyone! :wave:

Thought I would jump in really quick and say hello.

2cute: I am soooo happy for you. Congrats on that beautiful grandbaby. I know you are tickled to death.
Mary: Sorry your not feeling well today. :( Hope you feel better soon.

I'm hopelessly trying to remember what everyone posted so I can address you all. Well anyways, Ladybug......Kat......Michelle......
Malia......Flumper.......Jen and TT. (I'm sure I've missed several) I hope you have a good day. Today is going well for me. First day OP and so far, so good. Kids are out of school today due to the weather and they keep hollering for me to get off the computer, so I will go for now. See you soon and for those of you that are riding high today.....save a place for me. For those of you having a bad day.......come on up, there's plenty of room for friends.

LuckyLadyBug 02-06-2002 08:02 PM

Wow...it is 37 here and my sister in Arkansas was home all day- snow storm.....can't help it...:lol:

Shoot...compay. Will have to come back later....

:cry:

LoseForLife 02-06-2002 09:57 PM

HI quick post..

2cute, congrats on the baby! :D

I walked again yesterday, that's 2 days out of 3. The other day I was doing enough unpacking and tidying, and I'm certainly feeling it all today!!!

Eating is better, but last night I FINALLY found those darned books! yay! Now I can journal and keep proper track.

I'm off to a job interview, so catcha later!

Lynne :wave:

prism 02-06-2002 11:44 PM

Hi everyone,

2cute, congratulations on your sweet grandbaby. You are blessed.

Jen, we're in the same boat. Exercise, feel ravenous, and eat the worse kind of foods. I call it running in place. Today, I had a plate lunch. In Hawaii, we eat a lot of rice and meat soaked with shoyu (salty soy sauce). I must have eaten 2000 calories for lunch. I've been drinking water to counter the salt, but I'm still thirsty. No dinner for me tonight. Self-defeating behavior.

Hopeless in Hawaii,
Malia

Grannie39074 02-07-2002 08:02 AM

I found this on my e-mail today and wanted to share we all know the benifit of drinking water. I am going into town today and will check in later.

Tip of the Week - Water Works for Weight Loss
Nothing quells the appetite like water, lots and lots of water. Start
out with two quart bottles in the morning and carry one with you to
work
or wherever you go. If you like, divvy up the 64 ounces of water into
eight (8-ounce) bottles or four pint (16-ounce) bottles to carry
around
with you all day. Freeze half of them the night before and they will
last all day, even in a hot car. Keep some unfrozen so they will be
ready to drink immediately.

Yes. You will have to make more frequent bathroom trips, but it is
worth
it. Drink your 64 ounces of water before dinner, if possible, so
you're
not up half the night going to the bathroom.

Water not only fills you up and lessens your appetite, it prevents
those
"hungry horrors" we all encounter when our blood sugar drops and we
reach for cookies, candy, ice cream, fries or other high-calorie
treats.
Water also flushes out the system, rids the body of bloat and toxins
and
rosies up the complexion. Now, start splashing.

LuckyLadyBug 02-07-2002 08:05 AM

Lynne Congrats on the walking. I walked yesterday for the first time in a long time. I had one of my nephews go with me because I knew it would be dark before I got back and didn’t want any critters attacking me. We only encountered deer (that I know of) but when walking even they are scary. Will they run away? Will they run at me? Actually, they just stood and watched us walk by.

Malia You are NOT hopeless. You just had one not so good meal and it is behind you. As she has been quoted before here, “Tomorrow is another day.” So, as Scarlet said you and the rest of us are onto another day. WE can do it. “It” being whatever we are concentrating on at the moment. Congratulations on the 1.25 inch loss. I should start doing that too because it does help with the motivation to measure.

2Cute WOW a baby…How is Sam doing? Are you teaching her the computer keyboard, yet?

I tried, and tried, and tried on my jeans but I have a long way to go to get them on. I did however, once again fit into my size 20 slacks. Baby Steps, Baby Steps, Baby Steps, Baby Steps, Baby Steps

katrinabgood 02-07-2002 09:35 AM

Hey, girlfriends!

Good morning all...I've only got a few minutes to post, dh said I had better be ready to go @ 10:00...lots of errands to run this AM and we NEVER get a chance to do them together! We kid around and call this kind of stuff our "dates"...we definitely gotta get out more! I'm REALLY looking forward to our dance class...now we'll HAVE to go out dancing to get our $24.00 worth!!

I had a real stressful night last, could have turned to munchies a few times to "alleviate" the stress, but I didn't! So that's a positive thing.

A few nights ago at work I had the occasion to spend some time with a woman, early 30's, in because of heroin withdrawl. Apparently she came in, in bad shape, screaming, out of it, etc. When I saw her she was quite lucid and telling me how she's "NEVER gonna do that again! " She has a young child and she just forgot to get a "bag" before his birthday party (geez, the poor kid, what chance does HE have?) and so this happened to her. As she went on and on about "this is it, this is the LAST time, I swear!" my thoughts were along the lines of, "yeah sure, whatever, til you get out of here," and "what a loser, why doesn't she get some help, for the sake of her child?" and then it occurred to me, OHMIGOD, she sounds just like ME! How many times have I said after a binge..."this is it, this is the LAST time, I swear!" I'm an addict, too. Why don't I get some help, for the sake of MY children? Well, that's what I'm working on and why I'm here with you guys, to get (and to give, if I can) HELP! :angel:

Well, I'd better get moving before hubby dear gets back!

See y'all later...

2cute2Bfat 02-07-2002 10:41 AM

Oh MY.... 38 posts !!!

I hope you all know that ANYONE can start a new thread.
I am going to do so now.

this thread will continue at 300+ and ready to try again... #130.
Come find us there. :wave: