Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2002, 02:54 AM   #16  

Hi everyone,

Congrats Andria & 2cute on your weight loss. And to you Lucky for those excellent gifs.

Today was superbowl Sunday and I didn't do so well. Tomorrow is a new day. Fresh with new possibiities. Gotta go back to housecleaning.

Monday, monday...
Malia
Old 02-04-2002, 03:39 AM   #17  

Smile journals

hello all you lovely people ive not long signed up on this site and its giving me more encouragement than ive had from classes and husband in years. was reading back there and seen a few people have trouble with journalling . welll ladies there is a great site called www.fitday.com and it has a journal you can fill in it also has loads of other very useful parts .hope youse find this helpful ,good luck to you all
Old 02-04-2002, 08:00 AM   #18  

Lynne Great Advise....We always want to lose fast and don't want this to be a long process...but we know it is.

It is 6 below zero today...brrrrrr Think Spring!!!

Motivational Monday: "The best way to predict your future is to create it." – Unknown

Boy, this quote really jumped at me! It's so simple, if I want to be slim again I have to create it...just like I created NOT being slim.
Old 02-04-2002, 09:27 AM   #19  

Thumbs down

definitley slow is best i think every other time ive tried to lose weight ive wanted it to all happen to quickly its only now ive realised that is not going to happen no matter how many lotions and potions i buy im on 218 just now . want to get to 100 but i think ill give myself slow goals like 200 first then we'll see after that but fitday worked out for me to attain 100lbs by next yes next july id have to lose about 1.6lbs a week which is not to unrealistic
Old 02-04-2002, 09:40 AM   #20  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Morning all
Welcome Flumper we are here for you.

LLB I am thing spring I hate cold weather.

To all the weight losers congrats.

I am holding steady at 210 I was hoping for 200 by Feb. 14 (when I turn 50) but probally won't happen.

I'll talk to all of you later.
Old 02-04-2002, 10:09 AM   #21  
a work in progress...

Happy Monday!

Did everyone survive Super Bowl Sunday?? I walked away from the party relatively unscathed...I guess I wan't hungry, or something, I don't know, it wasn't a conscious thing...and there was an unbeleivable amount of food there! I don't even want to discuss the desserts!! (I did have two chocolate chip cookies with my coffee...) But I wasn't going to obsess about it, my other choices were fine. I'm just glad all those leftovers will NOT be at my house!

New week...time to get back on track...Here's something I read in "Make the Connection,"

" Your excess weight is a symptom of something else, maybe many things, in your life. You must come to understand what your weight represents. It may represent a void in your life or not wishing to let people down, it may represent unhappiness with yourself, it may represent unhappiness with your life. It can represent a variety of different things. But ultimately it is about not receiving enough love. And usually when this is the case, you are constantly in search of love from external sources. The secret is, it must first come from yourself."

One way to love ourselves, I think, is to give our bodies the very best in terms of what is good for it. High quality food,(fruits/veggies, protein, no junk) sufficient exercise, whatever makes you happy, be it walking running, aerobics, etc (I love going to the park and walking in a picturesque setting) setting small, attainable goals; ( I WILL journal today! I will measure out all my water for the day and make sure it is gone by the end of the day. I will plan my menu, I will walk today). These are different ways of loving ourselves, WE DESERVE IT!

Think of the person, or people, that love you the most. What is it about you that they love so much?? Do you agree? Think about what it is about yourself that you don't like so much. Compare. Is your list realistic? Are the things that you don't like changeable? Can you pick one thing from that list and change it today? I'd say that "compassionate" would be one of the traits that people would use to describe me. One of the words that I might use to describe myself would be "lazy." Maybe I should show MYSELF some compassion and realize that what I call laziness might have something to do with being tired from the crazy hours that I keep, and that a possible solution to that could be trying to establish daily routines that include a sufficient amount of rest.

(I'm scaring myself with all this self awareness...not sure where it's coming from, but I think I'm on to something!)

Well, this concludes the psychoanalysis portion of this post...I'd like to address each one of you but my limited memory banks prevent me from doing so! Suffice it to say that I wish each and everone of you a great day!

Keep on posting...
Old 02-04-2002, 12:45 PM   #22  
Syn
ONE BITE AT A TIME*Loser*

Hello All,

Welcome to the new posters glad to see you here! This is a teriffic bunch of ladies...

I weighed in at 305 this morning... That is making me smile...I too hope to be in the 200's by Valentine's day. Didn't someone else mention that as their goal too?

It is darned cold here today too. Wish it were Spring...I have been going thru garden books and sending for seeds already.
That is always fun to do.

I am at work and can't stay on the computer long...so I will keep this short....

HAve a super OP week everyone..Love to all..............
Old 02-04-2002, 12:55 PM   #23  
Michigan Old-Timer

You would not believe the book I just wrote you all. And then it told me I had too many smilies and it erased my post!!! I am no less than furious!!! Can't stay to re-do it. Know that I love you guys, that's the best I can do for now!
Old 02-04-2002, 02:14 PM   #24  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Stitches come out this afternoon! Wahoo! I am soooo tired of them catching inside my pants. Just too odd a sensation. I'm also going to ask the doctor how long I need to wait to begin my walking program again. Hopefully they will be giving me more strengthening exercises as well. This knee feels odd and wobbly still, even if the pain is mostly gone. But I am about desperate to get moving for real.

Welcome to Flumper fitday sounds similar to what I use. Yesterday I was messing around to see what it would take to get me to 270 by the end of May. I have a devastatingly gorgeous dress that I'd love to wear to a friend's graduation, and I know it should fit well at about that weight. Anyway, my program said I'd need to lose 1.8 lbs. a week between now and that time. Doesn't sound so insane broken down like that, does it.

Syn, you are so close to your goal! I'm glad you shared your smile with us.

Katrina, sounds like you really are on to something. Go with it!

Mary, 210 is closer than you were when you set that goal, right? You sound like you've been having a lot of fun getting to your goals. Remember to celebrate the doing, not just the achieving. Also, thanks for the Morningstar review. I'll have to check those out.

Lucky, oooh, good quote! I've been reading through the other thread you are with as well. Good stuff all around.

Prism, isn't it a good thing Super Bowl happens once a year? I swear we normally have twice the food out for it as any get together around here. What's with that? Good for you, remembering to start fresh today.

Lynne, it is soooo good having you back! Thank you for writing out your perspective shift. It is really different than the beginning of this journey, huh. I think we've all come a long way. It still blows me away to think how many things in life don't have the same power over me any longer. Glad you are getting over the food poisoning. *hugs*

2cute, you just make me giggle. I can see you sneaking around the house, trying to be inconspicuous as you slide into the computer room. I also had to smile as I went through the weighing scenario with you. How many times have I sworn I'd be thrilled with a single pound weight loss, had just that, and then kicked myself around for it not being more. I can almost hear you saying it now... Attitude of Gratitude!

Tina, sounds like you are in the perfect place to make a real commitment to yourself. Good for you! Sounds like you know all the steps as well, and to take them at a reasonable pace. Some people can start out running, but I think they burn out quickly. The rest of us seem to benefit from taking it slowly and relishing each step along the way.

I'm out of time for replies now. Hope I didn't miss too many of you!
My day is beautiful and my attitude is sunny.

Andria
Old 02-04-2002, 06:27 PM   #25  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default Part 1

Hi everyone! I'm back and hoping to have the patience (and the memory) to at least write some of what I wrote before.

Yesterday I went to lunch with mom and my cousin. It was a burger place and usually I have a grilled chicken sandwich, but yesterday I went with the burger. I figured out I haven't really been missing anything special!!!

WI this morning was good. I am down another 2 pounds! I'm doing the happy dance. That 2 weeks in a row with a loss, maybe I've finally gotten my act together. Hey, wouldn't that be good????

I have so many things going on this spring and summer. I would like to get to around 250 for some of them. Confirmations, graduations, showers, weddings, and my class reunion. Lots of good reasons to talk myself out of bad behavior!!!
Old 02-04-2002, 06:31 PM   #26  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default Part 2

Mary: What's this "probably won't happen" business??? Where's the positive self talk??? You have come along way and done a really great job, don't discount your success!

Malia: That's it. Today IS a new day and we have the power to make it better! * Did you get your housecleaning done???

LuckyLadyBug: Let's pull our resources, we could have quite a little fitness store going, you with your tapes (heck, I've gotta bunch too) and me with my books I've never read. Hey, can't ya see US running a fitness store???? * I do the same thing with recipes. I go and get all the ingredients and then can't find the darn recipe. So I put the ingredients in the pantry and then 6 months later I wonder what the heck I bought capers for!!!! Oh well. Someday I'll get my act together.

Tina: You are so kind! * As for your plan, it sounds good to me. Just a couple of little changes will make for some BIG results! * If it makes you feel better, you and I are about even right now. I weighed in at 328 this morning, I'm about 5'3" (if I stand up straight) but I do have a few years on ya, I just turned 48. So let's work on this together. We CAN do this!

Oh 2cute: UR2funny2B4real!!!! What a hoot! I hope your hubby didn't suspect anything!!! And the story of the scale! YIKES! So many times I'll WI and be down 1/2 or 1 1/2 pounds and think, dang, if I wouldn't have had that extra tablespoon of butter on my baked potato last night would I be down 1 or 2 pounds instead of the 1/2???? Sometimes, we're our own worst enemies!!! Hope your trip to Missouri is safe and that your folks are doing well. And most of all, that the scale behaves itself!!

Andria: 5 pounds is GREAT!!! I know what you mean though, I hesitate to get too happy with these past 2 weeks, after all, I'm just as heavy as I was 6 months ago. But on the other hand, we have to look at the bright side and that's that we are losing again! So here's to US!!!

Lynne: You are so right about us all having to re-program ourselves to do things differently. It took alot of years of learned behaviors to get where we are and it will take months to break each of those behaviors and do something more healthy.

Katrina: I don't blame you for not wanting to mess up your beautiful journal with what you ate. I have several very nice journals and I use them for my collection of motivational quotes. Then when I feel down, I grab one of my books and read. It doesn't take much of an attention span to read quotes!!!

Flumper: Welcome to our humble corner of 3FC's. We love to 'see' new faces. Hope to 'see' yours around here often.

Katrina: That was a great piece from the book. Apparently, it would be a good read, eh???

Syn: I'm glad you stopped in. Sounds like it is bitter cold in Minnesota too. They said 19 degrees here.

Well, I hope I caught everyone. It isn't the post I wrote before, but it will have to do. I think I'll copy it so I know I won't lose it this time!!! You all have a good night.

"Courageous risks are life giving, they help you grow, make you brave and better than you think you are." - Joan L. Curcio
Old 02-04-2002, 08:30 PM   #27  
a work in progress...

Hi again...

I found a really intersetning website, radiantrecovery.com, concerned with "sugar addiction." It sure sounds like I'M addicted! Take the test...

Are You Sugar Sensitive???

Take this test! Check Yes or No.

I really like sweet foods
I eat a lot of sweets
I am very fond of bread, cereal, popcorn or pasta
I now have or have had a problem with alcohol or drugs
One or both of my parents are alcoholic
One or both of my parents are/were especially fond of sugar
I am overweight and don't seem to be able to easily lose the extra pounds
I continue to be depressed no matter what I do
I often find myself overreacting to stress
I have a history of anger that sometimes surprises even me

If you checked:

3 or more, it is very likely that you are sugar sensitive. Explore the rest of this site and see if you recognize your self.

5 or more, you have come to the right place! Let's explore an answer you have been looking for a long time. You don't have to live with the craziness you have experienced for so long. You can work with the simple solutions and change your life.

6 or more, I am thrilled that you have found us. Let's get moving on solutions that can help you now!

Who knows? I'll give it a try. So far today, I have eaten protein at each meal and the only carbs I have consumed have been complex...no white flour, sugar, pasta. It seems that the more sugar (in any form) that you eat, the more you crave and that the addiction to sugar is very similar to alcoholism. At one point in my life, there was a good chance that I could have gone that route, but for the love of my (now) DH. Unfortunately, I may have traded one addiction for another. Looking back, it seems that from the time that I stopped drinking to excess, my weight steadily increased.

So, I'll give this a shot. I must say that there is a box of fund-raiser candy bars sitting here on my kitchen table that I have resisted. It wasn't hard actually, but then again, I'm not PMSing at the moment.

One day at a time...I will celebrate today's successes (ate well, journaled, and exercised) and deal with tomorrow, well...tomorrow!

As always, thank you all for being here!

Someone mentioned gardening on an earlier thread...anyone know of any good websites to order stuff from?? This cold weather has got me dreaming of tulips and spring flowers!

love to all...
Old 02-04-2002, 10:09 PM   #28  
a work in progress...

Default Patting myself on the back...

At the risk of monopolizing the board, I just wanted to take time to congratulate myself for meeting the goals i set for myself today. I actually cracked open one of my new tapes, put it in the VCR and exercised with it for 45 minutes...cardio/strength training! I actually opened my pretty journal and wrote a page, including all the wise food choices I made today.

I am weighing in tomorrow AM @ WW...Like 2cute I will be PRAYING HARD for any kind of loss, but I think I really will be happy (and surprised) if there is ANY loss.

I'm feeling back on track, and rejoicing in the baby steps I took today. I think I'll take a few more tomorrow!

Nighty night...
Old 02-05-2002, 12:35 AM   #29  
Dancing those pounds away

Here I am ... back home again. I had a nice visit with my parents. Both are holding their own.

I did get to weigh I just stayed the same.
After the initial disappointment ... I told myself how it was just one week ago that I had lost what I gained plus 2 pounds. That is 5-7lbs total. I should NOT be disappointed. I should be grateful for a maintain after a loss the week before.
Then I remembered a quote that I read in here.... "Don't should on yourself today". Soooo I'm not going to.
I AM GRATEFUL for the better eating habits I am establishing.
I AM GRATEFUL for a maintain after a week with a loss.

I "almost" stayed on program all day.
My sister made me a homemade pecan pie for my birthday. My birthday is not until next Tuesday but I won't see her again before then. I ate a LARGE slice. I don't feel bad about it. I even thought about eating a small piece... but said.. "nah".

I am writing off line so I have not read any posts yet. I just wanted to drop in. After I read I will try to get back in here.
I need to be on good behavior and keep this house clean ... and do some of the things that hubby wants done. He has a legitimate point... I have procrastinated on some important things needing done around here.

I am going to go read all that I missed now. Be back tomorrow.
Old 02-05-2002, 02:39 AM   #30  
Dancing those pounds away

Exclamation Starting new thread

This thread is going to be continued at 300+ and Ready to try again ... #129. See you all there.

OOppsss... QueenB posted after this and it went to the next page for many of us. Be sure to check it out.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 02-05-2002 at 03:29 AM.
Closed Thread