Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2002, 01:50 PM   #16  

Hi Everyone. I'm still here and doing better than I was. I just dont handle anxiety very well and I've had alot of anxiety the past couple of weeks.

Dh spoke with his former boss and what ever umployment has, it didn't come from him and in fact he told dh to give them his number and he'd tell them just how it was. So that helped alot.

Plus I figured out the checkbook last night and we are a little better off than i figured we were. We'll be ok till the unemployemnt kicks in. I'm trying to be positive about it. When I get worried about money, I tend to not write in checks (thank goodness for carbons), I don't know why, fear of the unknown. I dont know for sure. Its dumb but its something I do. I keep telling dh he can have that job but so far he doesn't want it and we've been married almost 25 years. I guess he'll never want it.

I just wanted to tell everyone thanks for your nice words. It helped to.

Marlana, I try so hard to not let dh see my mood cause I don't want to make him feel any worse. I know he is feeling out of sorts with himself just like I am. It may of happened to him but it really affects me to. I had a really hard time once when he got sick and was in the hospital and I got so depressed but felt guilty because I felt bad. I thought it was him being sick and I should just be there for him and ignore how I felt. Well, it worked for awhile but it caught up with me and bit me on the butt. Big time depression. So I'm allowing myself to wallow once in awhile. How many fish do you have now? I've not been in much to read lately. I need to go back and check in on everyone and see whats going on.

Jen, it really makes it hard on everyone when co-workers dont want to work together. Its been better at my job lately because we are working a little better together than we were. This one woman is scared to death to let any of us know what she does. Its strange. Its not like we want her work or anything but if she's not there, there are things we need to know to cover for her. Sheesh. She acts like her job is top secret or something. I dont know how you manage work and school. I dont think I could do it.

Tobey, I LOVE book stores. I could spend hours in one, in fact I do that once in awhile. A six mile run??? Makes me tired just thinking about it.

Skeeter, we are having warm weather ourselves. Not warm enuff for the ac but warmer than we expect for this time of year. Sounds like you burned some calories yesterday helping your friends move. I really think dh's unemployment will go thru. I just dont like not knowing for sure.

Well, I've got to get my butt in gear and get dressed. My slippers are falling apart and I am going to buy a new pair plus I have an appointment to get my hair cut this afternoon. If I don't, I'll start taking the scissors to my hair myself and then I'd have to have someone fix my damage.

Take care everyone.
Old 01-26-2002, 05:50 PM   #17  

Hello my friends!

Wowee what a beautiful day! I walked up to the library and it was so warm and sunny that I decided I had to go for a run (Saturdays are normally my day off). It was so nice that I ran in just a pair of light tights and a light long sleeve shirt. No jacket. No gloves!! I can’t believe it is the end of January! So I thought I was just whip off a quick 2 miles but it was just sooo nice out that I ended up doing a full 6k (about 3.7 miles). I could have kept going to but I am saving some energy for my 6-miler tomorrow. I normally run first thing in the morning but I have decided to wait until around 2pm again so that I can run without a jacket. It feels like spring!

Jen: After working in HR for 5 years I can tell you that you are definitely right. Being a leader and being a manager are 2 very different things. Sounds like you work with some nasty nurses. That’s too bad But from what you have also said before I think you also have some great gals. Guess it’s like that where ever you go. That’ll be great if you are able to tie work and school together. Hope you do get a chance to get out and enjoy the day tomorrow.

Marlana: I am so happy to hear that your fish problems seem to be coming to an end (knock on wood). Your been there and done that speech made me laugh out loud! You’re toooo funny! You will progress on the treadmill. There was a time that I hated exercise and would never picture myself running. I think my family is still in shock. Glad to hear that you will be trashing those meds. I hope your hack goes with it. Enjoy some of that warm temps and sunshine. I know I did!

Jojo: Glad to hear that you are in a bit better of spirits. I’m also glad that everything seems like it will okay. You know that things always seem to work themselves out even when you can’t figure out how they will. Dh is a freelancer so we know all about feast and famine times. We had a great time at the bookstore this morning. Dh used his gift certificate to get 2 books and I bought a magazine – Vegetarian Times. It has a great menu for a romantic Valentine’s dinner. So I have decided to make that for dh. Leave the cutting to the professionals – trust me, I have tried the home haircut before.

Well I had better go. Dh is waiting for me. He bought “To Kill a Mocking Bird” on DVD and are going relax and watch it.

GET OUT ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND!

Tobey
Old 01-26-2002, 10:07 PM   #18  
Senior Chick

Angry

Hey everyone.

My husband and I went to town yesterday and stayed for almost 12 hours. I was so tired when I got home. I bought my friend a solid red betta as a housewarming gift. I gave it to her in a large vase that I decorated to enhance the color of the fish but without the peace lily. She loved it. But I also went nuts in the fish shop over a beautiful betta that was peach and light blue. It is the prettiest fish ever and my husband named him "NoMore". I call him Gator after the football team whose colors are orange and blue and he looks great with the rest of my collection.

Marlana~I sure hope that new medicine doesn't cause the coughing. I guess that I am lucky not to have any bad symptoms from mine other than having to run to the bathroom a lot in the morning after drinking my coffee. Yes I am tired of running around all over town and all the company. I crave a day of lazy and not even getting dressed but I don't see it in the near future. I think that we are probably going 4 wheeling Monday after getting all that nice rain to settle the dust down. That's okay though, my dogs will love it. I only have one thing to say to anyone that don't think our corks are floating; "you're probably right". I have had that same thought myself and I know my husband has too. I even told my friend that I gave the fish that I would clean her vase about once a week since I always have treated water ready.

Tobey~We did all that running around yesterday and then I had company all day today. I am going to sit on my tush all day tomorrow after church. I might not lift a finger. I made a big salad today and might just let him eat that tomorrow with a turkey sandwich. It rained all day yesterday while we were shopping and then got cool today. The a/c is turned off again but it isn't cool enough for the heat yet. I haven't had a chance to watch much on that TV yet but I will make up for that as soon as the Olympics start. Your running just amazes me. I wish that I had just half of your energy.

Jen~It sounds like your boss listens and that is the most important quality of a manager. Hopefully she will act on those concerns that you discussed. You sure seem to have your goal in mind and a well thought out plan to get there. Good luck with your studies. The blood bank used to spend a day at our offices for donations while I was working and I always tried to give regularly. Since we moved here, we have to go into town to give and I asked one day what those other people in the back were doing that seemed to take so long. That is when I found out about donating platelets and was tested. It seems that I have and unusually high platelet count but I've only donated those once. My iron was too low yesterday and they wouldn't let me donate. My husband then decided to just donate blood but he was one day short of 8 weeks since the last donation and they wouldn't let him do that either. We have made and appointment for next Thursday and I hope to build my iron up before then. This is a totally new problem for me and I am not too sure how to accomplish that except with plenty of greens and maybe lots of raisins. Any suggestions? We could donate platelets every two weeks if we have the time.

JoJo~It is good to hear that you are doing better. Your husband's problem sounds so similar to my daughters. Her boss had to call the unemployment office to straighten them out. She ended up getting all that was owed to her from the day that she was laid off. I am sure your husband will get his too. Hang in there and try not to worry about it.

Y'all have a great Sunday. I am going to bed and read for a while.
Old 01-27-2002, 02:04 PM   #19  

Good morning gals. Looks like today is going to be a beautiful day. I'm glad (???) that I don't have to go in until 11pm, so I can enjoy it. My pooch is out in the backyard and won't come in. Can't say that I blame her. So much for my "heart to heart" with my manager. We had problems again last night with staffing. The house supervisor even tried to call her and she won't answer the phone. She was going to get her butt chewed out for leaving on Friday knowing that she left a 28 bed unit staffed with only 3 rn's for the night shift. We managed to get it covered, but this is the 2nd weekend in a row she was unavailable. Hmmmm, could get interesting. Anyway, enough about work, it's a beautiful day afterall.

Skeeter- Hmmm, let me see, foods high in iron, red meat, egg yolks, organ meats (eewwww), spinach, brown beans. Do you take a multivitamin? That may be the best way for you. It's great that you donate as often as you do. My blood type isn't that common, and I'm such a hard stick, the anesthesiologist has to start my IV in the hospital. I don't usually jump at the chance to get stuck anymore than I have to. As it turns out, I think my manager just listens, and doesn't really follow through. We'll see.

Tobey- Wow, you are benefiting from the same warm spell I am. What a great run you had. I haven't been out much lately. No excuse, just a slug I guess. I've at least managed to walk the dog though. I was thinking about getting a pedometer to see how much I walk at work, just out of curiosity.

Jojo- Glad to see that you are starting to feel abit better. What is up with that woman you work with? It seems she is a little paranoid. Strange bird.

Marlana- I'm here Mama Marlana! Still doing ok with the fish? How are things going on your treadmill? Still keeping up with it? You'd better be, it's good for you.

Ok, time to get myself busy this afternoon. Catch ya all later,

Jen
Old 01-28-2002, 06:45 AM   #20  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Good Morning~~I come in 30 min. ago to write and couldn't stop sneezing long enough to type. We must have pollen in the air. I never made it in yesterday. Had a really lazy day. It was so nice outside just set out a lot and enjoyed it. Today is going to be even better. It's going to get up to 72 degrees today, can you believe it for Jan. Boy when the weather gets like this, I get fishing fever. And speaking of fish, yesterday was the most restful day I've had with fish since I got fish. The little buggers was bouncing off the walls Sat. evening. I really mean that, I seen the female run into the glass full speed ahead at least 3 times. I don't a water change and they settled down. I'm learning, I'm learning.

Jo Jo~~I don't handle anxiety well either. I'm sure glad your feeling some better. I know sometimes it just seems like the roof is caving in on us, but the truth is most of the time it all comes out OK in the end. Who knows your hubby just might get a better job than he had in the first place. I'm sure praying it will be so. You can not be married and not let everything that happens to you mate not effect you, it's part of the deal. Remember, for better or worse. Right now your in the worse, you'll get back into the better, I promise. Oh about the fish, I guess I took them for better or worse, and the first ones I bought got the worse part. I was learning on them. I still have the three catfish and one Neon I first put in the tank. And besides that I only have 2 Platy's. I won't be getting anymore fish until I get my tank stabilized.

Tobey~~This would be a bad year to visit you country to go fishing. Not cold enough or not enough snow. If the lakes are low the fishing sucks. So guess we won't be coming up this year. Your weather can not be any better than mine, 72 in Jan.???? Knock on wood for my fish, the wood was my head. Poor fish what a bad Mommy they had. I wasn't born knowing how to be a fish Mommy. I'm sorry to say I didn't get on the treadmill yesterday, I'll climb aboard again today. If I told you how long I was walking you would get a big laugh. But at least it's a start. I started my new meds yesterday and the hack is already better. Love your attachments.

Skeeter~~If I spent 12 hours in town I would be so tired I wouldn't even be able to eat, and baby that is tired. STAY HOME!!!! Boy your new Betta sounds really pretty. I wish there was a way to take a picture of him and the others. Girlfriend after I get this tank thing figured out, then you can get yours and maybe I can help you. There is a lot to learn. Hubby is still hanging in there with me on these fish, even after all I've lost. I've lost close to $50 in fish, he has to work for that money. I'll say one thing for my hubby, he's not tight with our money. He never says a word about what I spend. That is an asset in a man. I thank I'll keep him.

Jen~~More problems at work...Hum...Can't live with them and can't live without them. It could be worse, you could not have a job, or work at MacDonald's. I'm not being a smart ***, it's true. I thank the problem is that there is people in this work that take advantage of any given situation at any given time not even considering the people they work with. There isn't enough RN's to go around and some people tank advantage of that. What goes around comes around, she will get hers. But my child, you be a good girl and do your part and all will come out good. Moma's really proud of you, working and going to school too, that's quite an undertaking.I took a day off from the treadmill yesterday, but I will hop back on today. My hubby walks in the big State park around the lake on week ends. I'll be glad when I can do that. I'll never walk with him, his legs are long and it's too much to keep up with him. He's losing weight though.

I started my new blood pressure meds last night. I took one yesterday morning and was suppose to take another one last night as well as the one I was taking at night. I took my pressure at 9:00 PM and it was 123/64. I was afraid to take both the pills, so I choose to take the new one. I set the alarm for midnight so I could take my pressure, it was 164/92. Can you believe it???? So tonight I guess I will try both pills. If I don't show up anymore you'll know what happened. My blood pressure was 177/99 when I got up at 3:00 AM, but within 5 min. dropped to 140/88 and in 30 min. it was down to 129/65. Boy I just don't know what can be done with it. Got a busy day today, hoping to get a lot done. Take care girls and have a great Monday.
Old 01-28-2002, 07:06 AM   #21  
American Chick!

Morning Ladies,
I don't have much time--as usual these days, but I didn't want you all to wipe me off the group! I've been so bad lately--not food wise, but I haven't even made it in to read posts, much less add anything to the group. I hope you forgive me!
I'm doing okay; not eating much, which is probably a good thing; work is going well--my boss went thru the exact same thing with her ex, when her daughter was 3. I even took my papers in so she could see if "my ex could top her ex." She said it was about even, except hers had sent a copy of his papers directly to the judge--at home. That didn't exactly score him any points, to say the least. Anyway, I'm not going to worry as much about it anymore.....I just decided that I'm a good mother according to the girls, and I'm THEIR mother, not the ex's.
We're still planning our Disney World trip the week of June 3. My mother in law and our niece and nephew from Texas are going also, so it should be fun. I just want to be a skinny Minnie Mouse by then! We'll seeeeeee.
Love you all, and I have zero time to be on here, so I better post individuals tomorrow......Mama, I am so still here; JoJo, hang in there about Hubby's job;Tobey keep running; Skeeter, another fish??; Jen, I'll schedule your BF to cook for us anytime you let him come south a bit.
Love you! Talk at you tomorrow.
Sally
Old 01-28-2002, 07:53 AM   #22  

Hi guys! I'm new here. This looks like a really interesting site - am hoping that on-line support will help keep me on track. Do you guys find that e-talking really helps on your weight-loss goals? Hope I'm not interrupting a private conversation!
Old 01-28-2002, 08:11 AM   #23  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Welcome Moonstone~~Yes it does help belonging to one of these groups on this board. It won't do the work for you, that comes from within yourself, but it helps. I checked out you profile and we have a gal from your home town, bless her heart she has taken off her weight and weighs a whopping 105 pounds, a real inspiration to us all. Hope you decide to join us.
Old 01-28-2002, 03:48 PM   #24  
MbG
Big Zilla

Hello Y’all

I can’t believe it’s been almost a week since I made it in for a visit. But things have been crazy around here. My weight-in Tuesday night was a not good, I was up again by 1.2 lbs. and I just got so frustrated. I’ve been loosing and gaining the same 3 or 4 lbs. for the last 7 weeks. My girlfriend Ann set me down Wednesday and said I couldn’t throw in the towel. So, I went back to the basics, really looked at what I was eating and I re-vamped my exercise program. So, we’ll see how things look tomorrow, but I do ‘feel’ like I’ve lost and broken the cycle.

I read an article in a magazine about re-vamping your exercise program to help break a plateau. I took that information and started an interval program of fast walking & jogging. I can’t believe I’m jogging but I really feel good about it and my knees don’t bother me either. Look out Tobey I’ll be doing marathon’s with you soon !

Well the stockholder votes have been counted and the merger between Mead and Westvaco has been approved. Effective Wednesday January 30th the new stock – MeadWestvaco - will be traded on the NSE. We had a meeting last Wednesday that outlined some things for us, on Tuesday February 5th there will be a meeting in which they will advise who the Department Head for Credit will be and where credit will be based. Then between now and the end of March I will be told what will happen to my job. They gave us 3 possibilities [1] no offer, just a severance package; [2] no permanent offer, but we need you for the transition and if you stay to x date you get this severance package with a bonus; [3] a job offer that you can accept or reject. Option 3 would be great, but I’ll settle for 2, I don’t really think 1 is possible…at least I hope.

You are not going to believe this, but it’s 73 here now, was in the 70’s yesterday also and could be warm like this through the week. Is this the end of January or March???

You know with all that’s going on with my full-time job, I’m really glad the basket business is going strong for me right now. I was #1 in sales for my Branch again for the month of January and I’m on track for a year-end [June 30th] award or two. The extra $$ are coming in handy.

Well, got to get back to work, glad to see everyone seems to be doing well with their food/exercise programs. Jo Jo, you hang in there things will work out for hubby and the unemployment benefits.

Moonstone, welcome to the Group, come back often!

Marybeth
241/188.2/160
Old 01-28-2002, 04:31 PM   #25  

Hi All

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. Sunday was even warmer than Saturday! At point during my run, I had push up the sleeves of my running shirt, as I was hot! Didn’t do a whole heck of a lot yesterday. Took a stab at making some homemade veggie sushi. Looked funny (wasn’t quite rolled tight enough) but tasted great! We also made some spaghetti sauce last night from fresh tomatoes. It turned out very nice. I did have plans of cleaning up but just didn’t get to it. I think I will swear off TV tonight (except for 9:00 when Everyone Loves Raymond comes on) and just do some chores.

Skeeter: Wow what a busy Saturday! I think “NoMore” is a cute name for a fish. The next one can be “JustOneMore”. Did you get a chance to relax yesterday? It just occurred to me that I still haven’t send you that cheque That really isn’t like me! I promise to have that out to you before the end of this week. So sorry about that! I’ll be sending the stick off to my mom in the next day or so. Her birthday is on Sunday. There is so little snow where she lives that she might be able to use it right away. It will give her something to do since she can’t use her snowshoes!

Jen: I’m not sure that I would be happy about going in at 11! That’s just terrible what is going on where you work. I don’t understand how people can be like that. It sounds a lot like where my mom works (a nursing home). I am really enjoying this weather – just like your pooch. Hey you really should get a pedometer for work. They say in a job like yours that you can walk up to 5 miles in a full shift. I also read that if you wear a pedometer and start tracking yourself, that you are more likely to mover around even more. Sounds like a good motivator.

Marlana: Between that hacking and sneezing – you better be careful that your head doesn’t pop right off! Dh has been having some bad allergy attacks lately. I wonder if it is due to this warm weather. Your right our weather is nice but nowhere near 72! How beautiful! I wouldn’t think that you would want to go out fishing now that yours are finally doing well. The waters here are very low! I would never laugh at how long you were going. I get excited just to think that you have started. But I know how you feel – I am such a slow runner (but getting better all time!). At first I was embarrassed to tell people my times. But I actually find that most people are very supportive. The other good thing about not being so great at something – is that there is only room to get better and it is really exciting to see progress. See – you shouldn’t get me started on talking about running/walking. Hope the new meds work out for you.

Sally: You have been so busy – don’t know how you make it in at all! Glad to hear food is okay – but just make sure you are eating to little. I’m sure you know that can be just as bad. Anyway I’ll stop there – I’m starting to sound like someone’s mother! Its nice that you have someone to relate your problems to and have it being your boss is even better – they should be able to cut you some slack if you get stressed out. An extended family trip to Disney World – ohhh sounds like so much fun!! Can you fit one more in?

Moonstone: Glad you found our group. Please feel free to jump right in – that’s what I did 8 months ago and I’m soooo glad that I did. I find that it really helps me stay on track because it is a place to turn where everyone understands what you are going through. When you are upset, it is a great place to vent and when you are successful it is a place to brag. It becomes very motivational. Just noticed that you are from T.O. as well. Anyway, I hope you stick around – this really is a great group of women.

Mb: I know EXACTLY how you feel. I often go through that phase during my maintenance. It is like I forget how to eat. So I normally start journaling everything that goes into my mouth and drawing out exact meal plans until I get everything back under control. I still have treats but just make sure that they fall into my daily allotment. Moderation is the key. I am currently using http://www.fitday.com to journal my food and plan my days. I have found very helpful. Run, walk combinations are fantastic. That is how most people start out. Here is a website that you may find useful: http://www.runnersworld.com/home/0,1300,2-60-63,FF.html It is intended for people who are just starting out running/joggin/etc. It even has some walk/run plans to get you started. It also talks about weight loss, etc. I hope everything does work out with your job. My fingers are crossed! Hey a big CONGRATULATIONS on being #1 AGAIN! In case you can’t hear me – I’m giving you a big round of applause.

Well that’s it for now. Time to pack up and head home to hubby.

Have a great one!

Tobey

THIS ATTACHMENT IS FOR YOU MOONSTONE:
Old 01-28-2002, 09:27 PM   #26  
Senior Chick

Talking

Hey everyone.

Everyone seems to be having the same kind of weather that we are. It got up to 76 here today and we went 4 wheeling all day. It was great. I wore a sleeveless shirt and got a sunburn on my upper arms today. I needed to tan them a little to match my very tan lower arms. We got home and the house was an oven so we got the a/c cranked up again.

Marlana~I don't know if I want to set up an aquarium after all the problems that you have had. Maybe I'll go ahead and get all the stuff from my daughter and hold on to it and see how your tank goes. When you get to be an expert and can talk me through all the problems, I might tackle it. NoMore has built a very large bubble nest while we were gone today and the house got so warm. Those fish sure like the water warm, don't they. I wonder if a digital camera will take a better picture of a fish in a bowl. I will have to try that since my friend gave me one today. It is a very small one and doesn't have that little screen where you can review the pictures. I'm not complaining though. We are going to try to donate platelets again on Thursday and I am going to look for some more decorations for NoMore's bowl. It just looks drab the way I have it now with the stuff that I bought. It sounded good in the planning but turned out a big disappointment. I'll just try some different colors until I get it right.

Jen~Well that's too bad that your manager only pretended to listen. Do you suppose that there is anything that you can do to help solve the problems with staffing or do you just have to grit your teeth and bare it? Out of all those foods, I choose spinach. I just love that stuff. I like the other stuff too but have been cutting down on meat lately. I can't resist a grilled T Bone though. The problem was probably my daily multivitamin. My husband has always put my vitamins and calcium out for me every day. I was getting kind of lax in taking them and when my parents showed up, he quit putting them out for me. I asked him to please start putting them out again and am now taking them every day. The nurse at the blood bank told me that same as you but I didn't know her and wanted your opinion. Thank you for the advice.

Sally~I am so glad that you have someone there to help support you through that custody nonsense. I can't imagine a "sane" judge even considering any type of custody to a jerk like your ex. My ex is a jerk too so it must be a common ailment for exes. I still can't believe that I bought another fish but I don't regret it. I knew that the fish that I bought my friend would be coming back to me when she goes back to New York in April or May. So my buying another fish will actually give me 6 fish when she leaves. Do you suppose that I could blame this insanity on menopause and get by with it?

Tobey~Isn't all this warm weather up there strange. Have you ever had a winter that warm? This is normal for us but it seems that all the northern states are having unseasonably warm weather this month. I sure hope you mom likes the stick. We aren't in a hurry about the check, but be sure to let us know if she liked it. We need to go cut some more now that deer hunting season is over. That is such a cute idea about another fish. I will remember that the next time that I go nuts over a fish. I really thought that I was over that until I saw this new guy. I sure wish that I could get a picture to show you how pretty he is.

Marybeth~Your friend is right about not giving up. You have done so well and I have faith that you can get going again and succeed. I remember reading a solution to a plateau when on WW 123. It suggested varying your points to the extreme. I wish that I had kept the link. Anyhow, they suggested eating to the limit of high points using the old plan before they dropped two points then the next day eating on the lowest end. They said to go back and forth like that would break the plateau and start the losing process again. I wish you luck with that and with your job.

Moonstone~Welcome to our group. You are always welcome here as often as you would like. This is a wonderful bunch of ladies that are all in different stages of weight loss. I am currently in the stalled stage and can't seem to get my act together. But I will not give up. We have two ladies that are doing great on WW and showing us that it can be done. Of course Tobey is our inspiration right now. She has maintained her weight for over a year now, if my memory is correct. She is also a great cook with an abundance of wonderful recipes. I'm sure you will find the support that you need here.

I think that I hear that new chair calling me. Y'all have a great evening. The attachment is for you, Moonstone.
Old 01-29-2002, 05:55 AM   #27  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Good Morning~~What a good day I had yesterday. My food was pretty good, no fish died and I got to spend the most of my day outside. It was about 73 degrees. It felt like spring, and I love spring. The poor birds and bees doesn't know what to do. I didn't walk on the treadmill though, but I did get exercise. Well girls here's a flash, one of the girls that was in our challenge wants to start another one. I thank she wants me to thank up one and my brain is a little dry. Can any of you come up with one??????? Are you interested in one?????????

Marybeth~~Sorry about the gain, but it happens even when you've been a good girl. Move over Tobey Marybeth in right on your tail. Good to see your not going to give up. That is what it takes. Just remember don't try to add so much exercise that you will really dread doing it. Man time will barley move until you get your job situation settled. Good luck. I seen a show on TV about the baskets you sell. About all I remember about it is that headquarters is shaped like a basket. Cool!!!! I believe the weather, I got it too. BUT...it's going to blow in a cold front today.

Tobey~~Look out Tobey, Marybeth is right behind you.Question...Is real sushi fish?? How the heck can you make fake fish? You are always doing something different. I can't imagine what my husband would say if I fixed something like that. He's not much on things that are different. He like meat and tators. Speaking of TV...I've been watching one of the best programs on Discovery I thank I've ever seen. It's called "The Blue Planet". It's about the ocean and I've seen fish that doesn't even look real, never seen them before. Outstanding program.

Skeeter~~ Now come on girlfriend, tan yes, burn NO! Something wrong with this picture...yesterday you went out and had a full day of fun riding 4 wheelers in the very pretty weather. I went out and worked all day in the pretty weather. Glad you had fun at play, but believe it or not I had a good time too. I liked it when I could look back at my day and felt good about what I got done. I know what most of my problem was with losing all the fish now. Tank cycleing. You've got to start off slow, very slow. I want to get some more fish so bad right now, but that would not be wise, it would set me up to have some more dead fish. Plus, I thank guppys are so bred up that they are a little harder to take care of. You know they started from a little fish not over a half inch long, that now is used only to feed other fish. Did you get any papers to tell you how to use the camera? That would help. Try taking a picture of fish, can't hurt.

Hope everyone has a great day, I'm going to!!!
Old 01-29-2002, 06:19 AM   #28  

Wow, what a welcome! Thanks, guys.

After a long hiatus at trying to get the pounds off AGAIN - I haven't even attempted since last year as at that point I decided I just couldn't deal with it due to a number of factors, I am really motivated to try it again. I actually got on my treadmill last night (and managed to ignore mayhem in the living room from my kids!) and altough it was pretty pathetic, at least I was on. I know for me (and it isn't just an excuse!) finding the time then the requisite energy is a real reach. I plan on joining WW this Friday too - I have joned at least 10 times over the past 25 years - twice it worked really well, once when I was 20 -took off 75 lbs and kept it off for 15 years (baby #4 did me in) - then after my third child, took off that same 75 but got pregnant again - I know it works and the group support helps which is why I was looking for a forum like this ... that way we have support 24/7.

I love the Web - here we are from all over the place by the look of it all talking to each other! It's pretty awesome when you think about it!

Hope everyone had a good day Monday - as my fellow Torontonians can attest - we have been enjoying unbelievablely good weather here but it sounds like it's ending.
Old 01-29-2002, 10:38 AM   #29  

Howdy all

I was listening to the news last night and heard that on Sunday our temperature beat its 153-year-old record! But as Moonstone mentioned, it sounds like it is all coming to an end. Ever day this week we are supposed to be just above the freezing mark (which is still warm for this time of year) and we are finally supposed to get some snow – but it doesn’t sound like a lot.

Skeeter: Sleeveless in January? How wonderful! No, I have never experienced a winter like this before! I certainly picked a good winter to run in! I know that my mom is going to love her stick. It sounds so funny to say that I am giving my mom a stick for her birthday . Hopefully she will have when I talk to her on Sunday. I will definitely let you know how she likes it. Maybe when I am there this summer she’ll let me take her picture with it. Your hubby does such a great job with them.

Marlana: It sounds like you had an amazing day yesterday! Isn’t Marybeth amazing? Nope not all sushi is fish. Sushi actually refers to the type of rice that is used. You then have maki sushi which means that it is rolled and normally has a filling on the inside and nori (seaweed paper) on the outside and then there finger sushi (can’t remember the Japanese word) which is a lump of sushi rice topped with something. For the rolls, the typical non-fish choices are fillings like cucumber, carrot, avocado, pickled vegetables, or sometimes even egg. Then for the finger sushi, veggies ones are typically topped with sliced avocado, cucumber, or fried tofu. Dh has become very adventurous in his eating since I met him. Although there are still certain things he won’t try. I got my food adventure from my mom. I have had a lot of success and even more failures! But it is always fun to experiment. “Blue Planet” sounds really interesting. When is it on? Discovery Canada often has a schedule very close to its American counterpart. It sounds like something Dh would like. I loved your attachment – very sweet!

Moonstone: Good to hear that you hopped on that treadmill. And seriously when you are starting out don’t worry about distance and time – that will come. Trust me you don’t want to get me started down that road – I have already given Marlana a good lecture on that one. No effort is pathetic. Okay – I’ll stop now! That’s great that you will be joining WW again – especially since you know it works for you. The web is amazing. Here I have all these really great friends – who I haven’t ever met!

Well that’s all for now. I must get back to work!

Tobey
Old 01-29-2002, 05:57 PM   #30  

Hi Everyone;

Sheesh, it was hectic at work today and I suspect tomorrow will be the same way. Right now I'm feeling like I'm never going to catch up with my work because I have so much 2002 work that I had to put on hold till I finished up the end of the year stuff for 2001. It just feels crazy in my office is the best way to describe it. To many interuptions for one thing. Oh well, it'll get done.

We got some badly needed rain today. My Weatherbug is alerting me to possible freezing rain tomorrow. Oh fun. Someone said their daffodils are coming up already. Its way to early for them.

Its going to be hard for me to go all the way back to my last post and write to everyone and I've got to be quick because we've got my sil's bd this evening. We will be leaving shortly. Hopefully I'll be back on track tomorrow.

Tobey, When I think of sushi, I just can't get the picture of eatting raw fish out of my head even tho you explain it being the rice and veggies. I just have to try it one of these days (without the raw fish).

Moonstone, welcome to our little group. We love getting newbies. I think coming here and reading and posting does help. I'm not following a food plan and I should be but I've got to many excuses right now but I will get back on track. I will, I will I will!!

Marlana, I like the Discovery Channel to. We just started getting Animal Planet about a month ago and they have some of the best shows on it. I spent most of the afternoon on Sunday watching that channel, I even sent dh to the grocery store cause I couldn't drag myself away. Well, he was wanting something to do so I gave him something to do. It probably wasn't what he had in mind tho. Oh well.

Skeeter, my mom used to have to get platelets because of the blood disease she had. I had no idea they seperated the platelets like that. I thought when you got blood, you just got whole blood. Actually, I think what she got was the white cells and I'm not sure if they are considered platelets or not. I like the name your dh named your new fish. Do you think thats a hint????? Hmmmmm.

Jen, I have no idea what is with that co-worker who's job she thinks is top secret. Part of it, she's afraid if she's not doing it, they will downgrade her title. Thats really not likely but its the only thing I can think of.

Sally, wheres our Sally girl?????

Marybeth, I bet you are on pins and needles about your job. Hopefully if anything, it'll be option 2 or 3 for you. There are threats of major state employee layoffs this year. Our governor is blaming the financial problems on 9-11 but the simple fact is he spent to much money on stuff that is not needed. Everytime I look at the paper, the situation looks worse and worse. Its scary but hopefully I've got enough senority that I won't lose my job.

Oh, dh talked to the umemployment adjudicator and everything should be ok. He said he just needed to clairfy something. We should know for sure in a couple days.

Well, I've got to get going. Take care everyone.
Closed Thread