Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2002, 11:02 PM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Smile 300+ and Ready To Try Again.... #123

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 01-20-2002 at 11:22 PM.
Old 01-20-2002, 11:16 PM   #2  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! I'm back from out of town and haven't had time to read all you've written since last I was here. I'll catch up tomorrow after I get some sleep, just wanted to touch base and tell you I was back home.

Love to all.

"Woman must not accept; she must challenge. She must not be awed by that which has been built up around her; she must reverence that woman in her which struggles for expression." - Margaret Sanger
Old 01-20-2002, 11:46 PM   #3  

Default Hello everyone.

Well I am going to try again to post.
I wrote this long post and confessed my eating sins and told you my sob story about while I was gone ...and then got knocked off line.
I guess this is someones way to tell me you don't need to know all that crap. LOL. Count your blessings.... I am not going to bore you. LOL.
Your guardian angel must be taking care of you.

I have not read all the posts I missed. I am going to go back and read the threads and hopefully catch up. I have been gone for a long time. I will return.... but until then here is my recipe for Sunday.

RECIPE FOR SUCCESS....
3 healthy meals
2 healthy snacks
5 serving of fruits and veggies
8 cups of water
8 hours of sleep
20 minutes of exercise
Heaping helping of enthusiasm
Pound of patience
Pinch of luck

Combine all together within 24 hours.
Repeat each day.
Be sure you don't leave any ingredient out.
Old 01-21-2002, 01:03 AM   #4  

Talking trying to catch up...

Well here I am again. I am going to try and catch up with everyone.
Did everyone notice my new photo of me in my avatar.?
It is a Valentine theme.

Thin....
Happy belated birthday to you.
Happy belated birthday to you.
Happy belated birthday dear Thinthinker.
Happy belated birthday to youuuuuuu

I am so sorry I miss your birthday.
How is your friends husband and son that were in the hospital? How hard that must be on everyone.
How was your trip to Niagra Falls.? Didn't you go there not long ago?

Ladybug... you did great at your meetings. Way to go. I am proud of you. You wrote so many good things I can't respond to them all. And I want to congratulate you on your belly dancing. That is sooooo cool. I just may have to check it out myself. LOL

Malia... Visualization is a great tool. You don't have to know what you would look like. Just visualize what you WANT to look like. Many many years ago visualization and meditation helped me lose 80 pounds. Thanks for reminding me.
You also mentioned making a PLAN OF ACTION for you weight loss. What a great idea. When we go to war we have a plan of action. To keep peace we have a plan of action. Well I am at war with this food addiction and I want to find a peaceful solution... so I too need a PLAN OF ACTION. Like Ladybug said... we can share our plans on Motivation Monday and Tuesday Tips.

Katrina... thanks for the Thankful Thursday you posted. We all need to be reminded of all those things we tend to take for granted.

Susie... you mentioned "comfort foods". I tried using those the last 2 weeks... but instead of comforting me they just made me fatter. When you are crying while you are eating your so called comfort foods... I think it is obvious that they cause more stress than comfort in the long run. Soon I will live and learn. LOL.
I want to thank you for hanging in there. Your example of "keep on keeping on" has helped me so often to not throw in the towel and quit. Thank you so much !!!! Your baby steps of sometimes one forward and two backwards but still trying and losing is so helpful. 45lbs of success you have had with those baby steps!!!!
As far as your hubby woes.... WELCOME TO MY WORLD. LOL My husband doesn't even put his own dirty clothes in the hamper for me to wash. He tosses them in that direction. I removed the lid so hopefully some would go inside... but no luck... he is a lousy shot. Several years ago when I worked outside the home I told him if they were not IN the hamper I would not wash them. It took several weeks before he got the message. He wore dirty underwear. But when I quit working I started picking up after him and he immediately went back to his old ways. Good luck training him. I suggest you get a dog training book and use it as a guide as how to train a husband. There is an old movie from the 60's that was really cute that used that idea.

Mary... a size 1X.... that is super. congratulations!!!! Those extra 2lbs will be off in no time.

Michelle... hope Andrews ears are better. Poor baby. Did you get that 4-7 inces of snow? You said you have been off program and you can't stand yourself. Well that is where I have been too.... BUT... Michelle.... each day is a new beginning. Today is a new day. Monday list each and every little victory you have. List that you drank one glass of water. Then list the second glass of water. List walking down the stairs. List every little thing you do. Then build your recovery back... one baby step at a time.

Jen... You did get 7 inches of snow. I sure hope you and your family is feeling better.
I wish I had gotten out of Pizza Hut last night before I ate so much. I know better.... I just didn't care. BUT TODAY IS A NEW DAY.

Taz... glad you breezed in to say HI. You always have such cute pics. We sure miss you but glad your group is going strong.

Syn... I am soooo sorry about your dad. I know what all you have been through. My heart is with you.

Joanne.... I love your quote under your avatar... "No turning back now". I think that is soooo good. Only look forward. Make a decision and go with it!!!!

well it has taken me forever to just respond to the last thread. I am not even going to attempt to respond to the other two I missed. Just know I am going to read them and go on from here.

Trixii... you dropped in and dropped out just as fast. Now that is not giving it a fair chance. If you are reading this... PLEASE do as our title suggests..... READY TO TRY AGAIN !!!!! We all slip and have to try again. Please please try again with us.
That goes to everyone I have missed. Today is a new day... a new beginning.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 01-21-2002 at 01:36 AM.
Old 01-21-2002, 04:07 AM   #5  

Lightbulb Me AGAIN.....

I bet you guys will wish I go out of town again. LOL
I found this little saying and it made me think of all of you.
I just had to come and post it here.

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you've forgotten the words."
Old 01-21-2002, 05:52 AM   #6  

Syn, I'm sorry about your dad's passing. I lost my dad last July from lung cancer. Life's strange and different now. And your dh and brother got into an accident too. I hope they're okay. You're in my prayers. Take care of yourself.

2cute, welcome back! Saved us from going to page 4. Today is motivation Monday. Later today, I'll reveal my plan.

Everyone is talking about snow. Guess what? We got snow this weekend. A rare occurrence, but it snowed on top of our volcano, Haleakala. It revealed itself about 9am and within 3 hours or so. Melted. I got pictures of it. I'll post one here.

Time to get some snooze time. Work tomorrow.
Take care,
Malia
Old 01-21-2002, 10:50 AM   #7  

Talking She's backkkkkkkkkk ..... LOL

Good Monday Morning.
I didn't get to bed till 5am and had to get up at 7am to take my car in for repairs.
Here it is now 10am and I just finished an on program breakfast and I am starting my second 20oz bottle of water.

Malia... I am so glad you posted... I hate being the only one here. LOL
I reprogramed my profile so I get 30 posts on one page. I forget that some of you still go to page 3 and 4. I have decided I am coming to Hawaii for my grand weight loss... reaching my goal. It will still be 2 years probably... but I am coming. !!!!!!

TODAY IS A NEW DAY. It is a new day for ALL of us. A new beginning for me. Here is my plan of action.

I am no longer going to focus on what I did wrong the last 2 weeks. My focus is on what I am going to do RIGHT today.
I am going to drink a minimum of two 20oz bottles of water in the a.m. and two 20oz bottles in the p.m. I am drinking water with my meals also.
I am having legal food prepared "in advance" so when I just "have to" eat something it is waiting for me. Then there is no reason for me to eat off plan.
I am going to do a minimum of 10 minutes of exercise today. May even sneak in a quickie with dear old Richie Pooh (Richard Simmons).
I am going to feed my mind with positive affirmations all day.
I am going to feed my brain with info on changing my life style.
I am going to feed my body a minimum of 3 fruits and/or veggies.

I am MOTIVATED !!!!
I am DETERMINED !!!!
I am going to SUCCEED !!!!!!!
Old 01-21-2002, 10:59 AM   #8  

2Cute

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you've forgotten the words."

Thanks for sharing this. I love it and it is sooooo true. I am happy you are back so post away!!!

I wish your first post had made it through. I worried about you being gone so long. I pray everything is better now.

This seems to have been a sad time for many of us. I think I mentioned before a friend of 25 years died in November, one of my aunts died on Christmas Day and now another aunt had emergency surgery Thursday night and they found a 2 foot by 18” around tumor by her ovaries and the prognosis doesn’t look good. She has already told her family she would like to die.

Malia I guess I was wrong about our weather when I told you we must grow different types of roses – since you are in Hawaii and I am in Minnesota. Now I see we are the same because I have snow too.lol

Here is my Motivational Monday thought for the day:

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." – Mark Twain

This is EXACTLY how I feel about losing this weight. I have to take care of it now.

I must:
Exercise each day
Control my portions
Journal my food

WHY WHY WHY are these so difficult for me?

I have the day off today so you will probably be sick of me by the end of the day.
Old 01-21-2002, 12:20 PM   #9  

2Cute You inspired me so I did some belly dancing. Now I will read some of my book on how to take care of this weight problem AND then I will go for a walk. I love being home. Anyone want to support me so I can!!!!!
Old 01-21-2002, 01:07 PM   #10  
You and Me in 2003

Hello all

You all motivate me so much.
I am going to stick this out. I will lose this weight. I refuse to be fat all my life. I hardly ever drink soft drinks any more. I drink water wih meals.

I am really surprised I tried a morning star farms burger today. I have never tried any of their products. I cooked it in my george forman grill with a few sliced onions. It was actually good. I know I would have to trick DH and Son to get them to try them. It was a fat free only 80 cal.

I need to exercise but can't seem to get started.

DH and Son are both off today so they are under foot.

Well I better get off this computer for awhile. see all of you later.
Old 01-21-2002, 01:17 PM   #11  

Angry Hy Grannie!

Hi Grannie,
just decided yestyerday that once again in my life, I need to start a Journey to weight loss.
This time, I want it to be the right time.
I am so tired of waking up in the morning, and feeling sad, because I don't like the way I feel about my body, and I am ashamed of all the weight that I carry!
2002 is going to be my victorious year, but I will take all the support that I can get from my friends!
Thanks!
CHickadee4ever
Old 01-21-2002, 01:41 PM   #12  

Mary I hear ya...after belly dancing (the way I do it isn't exercise - YET ) I did go for a walk for 45 min. Since this is one of my RARE days off I will now become a couch potato for an hour.
Old 01-21-2002, 01:44 PM   #13  

Default LuckyLadyBug you are funny!

I just checked out your photo!
Looks familiar to me

Last edited by Chickadee4ever; 01-21-2002 at 01:52 PM.
Old 01-21-2002, 02:31 PM   #14  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hello everyone! Niagra Falls was wonderful! And yes, we did just go there in October. But the value for the money was just too good to be true and we wanted to see it in the winter. It's about a 4 hour drive from here and the exchange rate was $1.59 Canadian to our $1 US, so that made it a great bargain!!! The hotel we stay in is lovely with a full wall in each guestroom that is floor to ceiling window overlooking the Falls. Add a king-size bed and 2 person jacuzzi and it's a wonderful way to spend a weekend!

My food has been horrid!!! I'm back to eating like a 'fat person'!!! I weighed in this morning up another 5.5. That's 3 gains in a row! This has got to stop!!!

I am journalling today and drinking my water. As soon as I'm done here, I'm off to the grocery and fruit market for the essentials.

I will get my 8 glasses of water each day!
I will get in my 5 fruits/veggies each day!
I will start to journal again!

That is my start! The rest will follow. Change one behavior at a time. I will try to tackle these three!

LuckyLadyBug: I'm so sorry about your aunt with the tumor. That does not sound good at all. [[[hugs]]]

Malia: I think getting out a project to work on is a great idea. I love ribbon embroidery too. Maybe we should work on it 'together'. What is your next project? * Yes, they have Curves for Women here too. I think the workout in 30 minutes is a part of their allure. I belonged to a program like that when I was around 20. Never saw much improvement from it. To me, any program works as well as you work the program.

Katrina: Your Thankful Thursday message was great. It really brings stuff into perspective. * Thanks for the 'Scarlet pose', that is exactly what has to happen here too.

Joanne: Are you just lurking??? Come on out and post more.
We're all in this together.

Mary: Woohoo on the size 1X shirt!!! Those little 'surprises' are so much fun!!!

Michelle: I'm hoping by now that Andrew is feeling much better.

Susie: Men are so clueless sometimes. Mine, all 3 of them, will do what I ask them to do, but the problem is, I need to ask them. Why can't they just see that something needs doing and do it instead of making me ask all the time. Then I feel like I'm nagging.

Jen: Glad your hearing is overwith. Time to get on with a new life. Try and get back here more often. It really does help.

Tazmani: Does this mean you won't be here regular anymore? We miss you.

Syn: OMG, what a horrible week you've had! [[[hugs]]] I sure hope your life starts looking up real soon!

2cute: Glad to see you back! * I loved the Recipe For Success! How perfect!!! I also loved the quote about a friend. How true that is. * My friend's husband had a heart cath and was released. They figure it was all of his pills that he took with just a glass of orange juice, otherwise an empty stomach, pared with his anxiety over his son's surgery. The son is doing well. Home from the hospital and recouperating. Thanks for asking. * How is your mother fairing??

Chickadee4ever: Welcome to our humble thread. It's good to see newcomers. I hope that you will choose to join us on a regular basis. Where are you from? Tell us about yourself.

Gotta run. This took awhile to get all caught up. Laundry and paperwork are waiting for me. But first, a trip to the fruit market. First things first!!!

"My only advice is to stay aware, listen carefully, and yell for help if you need it." - Judy Blume

Last edited by thinthinker; 01-21-2002 at 02:33 PM.
Old 01-21-2002, 02:35 PM   #15  

Default Hello to you all!

Hi!
I live in Vermont, but am originally from Quebec, Canada.
Glad to joint this thread, and hoping to build strong friendships!
Closed Thread