Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-15-2007, 04:47 PM   #1  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Thumbs up I'm finally getting some support at home!

I've been barking on here for months about how boobalah isn't supportive. Well, I don't know what train ran over him but he has done such a big turn around. We'll see how long it lasts.

I think some of it is that people who haven't seen me in a while have noticed. I made a post on here somewhere about him asking me why I was wearing bloomers when they were in fact undies that had fit me a few months before. Then he saw my passport picture and wondered where the other half of my face went.

I've been doing WATP videos in the back room for months. He would kind of laugh and mock me until I told him that it hurt my feelings when he did that. In the last few weeks he decided to join me. He took 2 chairs out of there and made room for the two of us to workout. I've had to go back down to the 1 & 2 milers for him but I haven't complained. I did pop in the 2 mile Fast Start one the other day. Boy oh boy! Was he ever glowing and huffing by the time we got to the cool down.

As far a food, he actually signed himself up for Fit Day! Wow!

I hope he will be successful.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 06:26 PM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

cbmare! Good to "see" you!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 09:19 PM   #3  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Mare, That's great! It sounds like you have inspired him!
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 09:27 PM   #4  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Great news MARE!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 10:30 PM   #5  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

MARE ~ what kind of tapes are you using; what does WATP mean? Is that Walking Off Pounds? I'm so glad that your DH is joining in now; that's fab ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 05:57 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

wow cool! I do remember your post about your passport and thought it was so similar to my husband and something that he would have said! Congratulations!
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 07:17 AM   #7  

Height: 5ft1

thats brilliant news hun!

just wish my mum was a bit more supportive at home, i mean give her so much money a month that pays for my half of everything, including food, and every time she goes shopping she hardly gets good food for me, she buys junk good like biscuits, chocolates, pizzas etc! Ive sat and talked to her about it and shes basically said she doesnt want to waste money on food i wont eat because this diet wont last just like all of my others! talk about not getting support!!

Last edited by JayEll; 10-16-2007 at 07:28 AM.
ZoeJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 08:00 AM   #8  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Oh Mare, that's GREAT news! So glad to hear from you once again. It's been waaay too long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwant2Bhealthy View Post
MARE ~ what kind of tapes are you using; what does WATP mean? Is that Walking Off Pounds? I'm so glad that your DH is joining in now; that's fab ...
Yes, WATP is short for Walk Away the Pounds. And they're fabulous!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 09:47 AM   #9  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Wow! That is fantastic. I'm glad to hear he's jumped on board. I think having support really helps out.
trooworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 12:01 PM   #10  
I wanna be a loser, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoeJayne View Post
thats brilliant news hun!

just wish my mum was a bit more supportive at home, i mean give her so much money a month that pays for my half of everything, including food, and every time she goes shopping she hardly gets good food for me, she buys junk good like biscuits, chocolates, pizzas etc! Ive sat and talked to her about it and shes basically said she doesnt want to waste money on food i wont eat because this diet wont last just like all of my others! talk about not getting support!!
This is so sad. Do you have time to shop for yourself? Perhaps you could take an hour and buy the foods that you need for your journey and cook some of it yourself and just eat a different meal.

Thank you for your good wishes. You deserve support, too. Maybe when you've lost more weight she'll turn around. I honestly think that is what did it for me.

Good luck, Sweetie.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:02 PM   #11  
I wanna be a loser, too

Thanks everyone. He got up early today to read the paper for a bit then opened the bedroom door at 6:15 and asked if I wanted to work out. I'd put the 2 mile Fast Start in the player last night so it would be ready to do. He was ready.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:49 PM   #12  

Height: 5ft1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmare View Post
This is so sad. Do you have time to shop for yourself? Perhaps you could take an hour and buy the foods that you need for your journey and cook some of it yourself and just eat a different meal.

Thank you for your good wishes. You deserve support, too. Maybe when you've lost more weight she'll turn around. I honestly think that is what did it for me.

Good luck, Sweetie.

Yeah i surpose i have to SHOW her i can do it!! I have got the time but i just dont have the money thats why i pay her alot a month to covermy food shopping!! Ahhh im sure she will come around sooner or later!!
ZoeJayne is offline   Reply With Quote