Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-01-2007, 09:18 AM   #1  
LLV

Default Anyone else fall off the wagon this weekend?

OMG, I did so terrible. Friday night we had a cookout and I ate steak and chicken and chips and shrimp and stuffed mushrooms and whatever else! (not to mention all the alcohol I drank). On the plus side we had made shishkabobs with pineapple, onion, tomato and green and red pepper. So I at least squeezed some veggies in there!

Then Saturday my son and I went to Hometown Buffet for lunch. I don't think I need to go into detail there. Then Saturday night I ate Taco Bell.

Then Sunday comes. Every Sunday we always have a fairly good-sized dinner. Which I eat every week without worrying about the calories, it's been part of my lifestyle for 3 years now. So I not only had my usual big dinner on Sunday, but I ate all that other stuff Friday and Saturday.

Today marks back on track, but I know I'm going to gain a couple of pounds from all that food

So let's hear it! Anyone else have one of those weekends where you just want to eat anything that isn't nailed down?

Last edited by LLV; 10-01-2007 at 09:20 AM. Reason: adding something
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:42 AM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Okay.....so you've had a bad weekend. Knowing you, I have no doubt that you have already climbed back on that wagon now that it's Monday morning. I'm sure you will feel much better as the day progresses and you know for sure that you are right back on track. And what a relief it will be.

Any added pounds the scale shows this morning will be most likely be back down by the end of the week.

Aren't Mondays great sometimes? I know it's the start of the new work week and all, but it's also a great time for renewal. Especially, diet renewal. If that's even a real phrase.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/189/156

Height: 5'10"

I've actually fallen off and have been dragged by the wagon. I did eat OK but the celebratory glasses of wine, or empty cals, I'm sure have added up. (Had a friend in town)

And yes, LLV, if it wasn't nailed down, I ate it...

But, it is Monday and I have meals and workouts planned for the week!

We're all going to do so well this week:
aymster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:14 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

LLV, you have done so well! I am sure you have the tools to get back on track. Would you have been ok with the eating if you had practiced portion control - at the BBQ, say?

For me, multiple opportunities for eating out or eating differently are always a problem. Even if I don't eat too much at each function, I still eat too much, if you get my drift....

It is very hard for me to differentiate between falling off the wagon and allowing myself to have things that I want. If I don't enjoy my eating program, I won't stick to it. On the other hand, if I over do, I will gain.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:29 AM   #5  
Want 2 be slim & healthy

Location: Im in Spain but Im English, have lived in Spain for 15 years

Height: 5"11

Oh I fell off the wagon (have only been on it for 2 weeks ) on saturday night, had way too much wine, was good foodwise though till I got sick cos of all the wine and thought it was a good idea to eat again. Was good yesterday and have been good so far today so I am back on the straight and narrow. I just find weekends sooo hard!
kate1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:34 AM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

kate1970,

Hang out with us! We know what it's like.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:51 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'7

I fell off the wagon on friday, it hit me on saturday, and then backed up to do it again on sunday Every morning I would try to eat healthily again, but to no avail. This morning though I am back on with my veggie sausage mcmuffin and exercise. So you definately are not alone.
Rhighlan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 11:38 AM   #8  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
Okay.....so you've had a bad weekend. Knowing you, I have no doubt that you have already climbed back on that wagon now that it's Monday morning. I'm sure you will feel much better as the day progresses and you know for sure that you are right back on track. And what a relief it will be.
Oh it is! And yes, I'm back on track. I've gone through this before, just felt like seeing if anyone else had one of "those" weekends

Quote:
Any added pounds the scale shows this morning will be most likely be back down by the end of the week.
Honey, I'm not going anywhere NEAR a scale for at least 2 weeks, LOL!

Quote:
Aren't Mondays great sometimes? I know it's the start of the new work week and all, but it's also a great time for renewal. Especially, diet renewal. If that's even a real phrase.
Yes, I agree. I feel soooooooo much better when I'm eating healthier.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:41 AM   #9  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by aymster View Post
I've actually fallen off and have been dragged by the wagon. I did eat OK but the celebratory glasses of wine, or empty cals, I'm sure have added up. (Had a friend in town)

And yes, LLV, if it wasn't nailed down, I ate it...

But, it is Monday and I have meals and workouts planned for the week!

We're all going to do so well this week:
Yes we are

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailr42 View Post
LLV, you have done so well! I am sure you have the tools to get back on track. Would you have been ok with the eating if you had practiced portion control - at the BBQ, say?
Oh sure, I mean it's not like I ate a bunch of really BAD stuff. I just ate too much of everything! And a food buffet certainly didn't help

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailr42 View Post
For me, multiple opportunities for eating out or eating differently are always a problem. Even if I don't eat too much at each function, I still eat too much, if you get my drift....

It is very hard for me to differentiate between falling off the wagon and allowing myself to have things that I want. If I don't enjoy my eating program, I won't stick to it. On the other hand, if I over do, I will gain.
Oh, I totally agree. I still eat the things I love, I just do it in moderation. I don't look at ANY food as forbidden. I still eat pizza and hamburgers and even fried chicken, but very rarely and I always make sure it's counted in with my calories. But this weekend, oi vey! I chowed down!
Old 10-01-2007, 11:42 AM   #10  
LLV

And thanks, everyone!
Old 10-01-2007, 11:49 AM   #11  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

I ATE the wagon. High fiber. But I'm on a new one today.

Last edited by dcapulet; 10-01-2007 at 11:49 AM.
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 01:01 PM   #12  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Well I ate too much junk this weekend, but I am back on track this morning. Scale still said 209 - the big guy in the sky is giving me another chance to work it this week!
cakses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 01:39 PM   #13  
I restore Teeth.

Linda, I've pretty much fell off the wagon for the past month... i don't know where to even begin, how about the entire Italian bakery near me?

Thank goodness I haven't gained a lb....
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 02:27 PM   #14  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Kind of, but I am not going to kick myself over it. I ate a 8oz chicken breast instead of 4oz. First of all, I am eating so much less now had to just about stuff myself to eat the whole thing. Still come from the school of growing up poor and you clean your plate. Second, I didn't realize there was so much stuff in chicken breast that I don't want in one meal. Made the mistake, won't make it again. Moving on.

decapulet
lol bet it was pretty low in calories but darn imagine all the fat lol.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 10-01-2007 at 03:11 PM.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 02:36 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
I ATE the wagon. High fiber. But I'm on a new one today.
dcapulet, what can we say? Did you count in your calories?

Last edited by gailr42; 10-01-2007 at 02:43 PM. Reason: fix quote
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote