Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-15-2007, 01:10 PM   #1  
Mango Empress

S/C/G: 275/check my ticker!/145

Height: 5'6"

Default why cant i say no?!?

i can quit drinking
i can quit smoking
i can quit eating meat
i can quit drinking coffee

so why cant i quit eating pizza?!?!? i just ate an entire pizza by myself. and i feel so disgusting. i want to purge but i've come to far to resort back to that. ug what's wrong with me??? i've come so far to just go back to being a fat pig shoving anything in my mouth. ick ick ick. blah, i'll do better next week, i'm just so mad at myself why do i sabotage myself like this???
MangoKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 01:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 294.5/276/190

Height: 5'2"

Cool

Okay, I understand that feeling. Hmmmmm, I respectfully request that you ask yourself some questions:
Just before the pizza attack, How tired were you? How emotionally hungry?
were you angry? How long has it been since you gave up some habits that are not as healthy? (drinking, smoking).

Sometimes when our bodies are too tired our judgment becomes a little off.
For me, emotional eating played a big part of my weight gain. I also had a sneaky little inner voice that said.... gee you have given up sooooo much, you DESERVE that _______ (in my case it was doughnuts)

I hear so much raw emotion in your post, and appreciate your candor. I want you to embrace yourself, take a deep breathe and learn from the slip. I have learned more about me from my slips, than I have ever learned from the days went a food/exercise plan was followed perfectly.

All the best,
Chic
chicpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 02:00 PM   #3  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

You can say no, hon. You can. I made a thread the other night about how I nearly ordered an entire dominos pizza (and Cinnastix to boot!)--but how at the very last second I decided "No. You're not going to do this. You don't really want this. This is going to erase all the hard work you did this week". Learning to recognize patterns of binge eating in yourself, and learning how to talk yourself out of it is important. It's not easy...but nothing in this journey is.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote