Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-16-2007, 02:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 140/124/110

Height: 5'1

Question need motivation!

right so i've been on this diet for over a year. and i'v lost about 15-20lbs. i know thats really slow, but thats ok because i'm dead serious about taking it slow so i don't put anything back on. at first i was really motivated, all year i hardly ate any carbs and didn't eat sweets, i also went to the gym 5-6 times a week for like an 1 1/2. i'm still in school so it was sometmes hard to make time. now that i'm back at school (after summer) i find that i'v lost all motivation. i'm still excersising (but not as much as before) and eating pretty well. but i just can't seem to make myself stick to the diet as well as before. it's like all the inspiration i had has dissapered! i really want to lost the rest of the weight but my willingness to fight is gone.
any ideas? tips to stay motivated?
Shae15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 02:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/129

Height: 5'4

Hi, Shae!

Wow congratulations on your loss so far! That is something to be extremely proud of! Don't lose sight of all the hard work you've done. It's paying off slowly as the lbs come off and as you start feeling healthier and better about yourself.

It's great that you're still exercising and eating well even though you may not be as strict as before. This may be a good thing because although you refer to it as "diet," it is much more than that. It's a lifestyle, so it is key to adapt it so that you can live this way for the rest of your life.

I must say that motivation is fleeting. It comes and goes at random times and I advise against waiting for it to come again to get back in the game. Staying committed and making it a habit is the way to go.

You may want to try using goals to get back in the swing of things. They can weight related or not. For example, for every 5 lbs you lose, you get a massage/mani/pedi/new boots/whatever your heart desires. Or nonweight related, such as, for every 400 minutes of exercise, you get a reward of your choice.

To spicen things up, you can try varying your work outs (ie. try yoga, kickboxing, tae bo) and your meals (CookingLight.com has some great recipes).

I suggest checking out the Featherweights forum here at 3FC. It's great support for those who are very close to goal but are losing motivation.

Hope this helps! Good luck!
Sweet Amor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 03:22 PM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey Shae15,

Just some thoughts--it could be that a very low-carb menu isn't quite right for you. You might want to add some complex carbs (but not more than 40% of your calories).

As for motivation, your weight already puts you in the normal range, so it will be harder to lose. You didn't say what plan you're following with food--but to lose more weight you may have to get even more strict in terms of following the plan.

Or, you could choose to take a rest on restricting food, and just work on maintaining your weight for awhile! Then when you've had some time off, you can give it another try. Keep up your exercise, though!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 04:28 PM   #4  
A Work In PROGRESS

S/C/G: 128/see ticker/116

wow i have the exact same problem ! i also have started school again this autumn and have nearly lost all motivation as i have been back at school for 2weeks and have lost 2lbs which is still good but i gained a lb back this weekend so this monday i am going to be as good as gold and what has got me so motivated for monday? coming on 3fc and reading nearly every goal and mini goal story there is and they are so inspiring! if everyone else can do it, we can too!
FlabbyHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 04:38 PM   #5  

Me too! I lost 47 lbs over about 15 months. But my motivation has gone by the wayside since the Start of September.

I think it is the back to school / work time. I am BUSIER than ever at work -- and my day keeps getting derailed by the back up in public transport caused by traffic and extra people coming back. Plus the days are getting shorter -- I don't usually get home until 7 PM and it is pretty much dark.

Here is all I got. When I started this diet I made a promise to myself. I was not going to focus on the weight loss. I was going to focus on eating a certain way and exercising a certain bit each day - and that was that. I have gotten away from that a little and focused on my scale. Maybe I need to get back to the action changes regardless of how I feel about it.
AnnRue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 05:07 PM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Hey AnnRue! Yes, sometimes getting back to it regardless of how you feel is the answer! Keep on going!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote