Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-27-2007, 01:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 159/TICKER/110

Height: 5'1

Unhappy I have a confession to make

I just posted a thread about my wedding coming up and how I'm stressed about my weight.
Then I went and ate a donut and half a bag of chips.
WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH ME?
Why did I do that?
Why did I even allow those demons in my house?
Well that was my aproximate 900 calorie breakfast, so what do I do now for the rest of the day.
Anyone have any ideas as to how I could fix this so it doesn't ruin the rest of my day?
Maybe I could just drink water all day and have a Slim Fast for dinner.
This SUKS,now I'm gonna be hungry all day.
ShyShy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 01:43 PM   #2  

You forget it and move on!! If you deprive yourself the rest of the day, you will only leave yourself open for another "splurge" because you will feel hungry and guilty. One bad meal cannot ruin the whole day, but making yourself suffer the rest of the day can.

Good luck.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 01:44 PM   #3  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

BREATHE!!! You comfort-ate because you are stressed. Get over it, and get back to the program.
Right now, you are in a desperation-form of dieting -- I HAVE a deadline, I HAVE to meet it, OMGGGG, Munch munch munch...
First of all,
1. Sit down and eat a large salad. It will help move the nasties through your system.
2. Go for a long walk, like 1 hour, with your beautiful baby and great man if you can.
3. Have a protein and vegetable dinner, like a piece of baked fish and a cup of green beans.
4. Around 8pm, have a raw apple sliced up.
5. Drink 8 glasses of water today.
6. Wake up and start all over again.
There are no quick weight loss answers.
My guess is that if you GIVE YOURSELF A BREAK, and just accept the fact that you won't be able to be 115 lbs by October, you'll be OK.
I suspect that your dream guy won't give a flying fig if you are in a size 14 dress. He'll see you down the aisle and get all teary-eyed no matter what you are wearing.
Your day is about your committment to this fabulous guy. Sure being a size 2 would be great, but at the end of the day, the fact that you are married is the issue.
If you don't like your wedding photos, get them redone in a year! This is pretty common!
Just live for NOW, and focus on the positives.
p.s. Buy that dress NOW, and get the nicest one that you can. You will need alterations anyways, but you want to be sure you look the best that you can look at this very moment. Who knows what will happen 6 weeks down the road?
freiamaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 03:07 PM   #4  

Thanks ladies, I'm just going to forgive myself and do the best I can for the rest of the day.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:13 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Remember weight doesn't come off over night. You have over a year til your wedding. Healthy eating doesn't happen overnight...we all have bad moments. Don't stress out over it. And don't do extreme dieting (ie eating little to nothing) to make up for being "bad". Just get back on the wagon and eat healthy. Remember, you shouldn't be doing this only for your wedding, but for your life. Weight loss just for an event will not keep the weight off....you need to learn that you have to find what works life long and then the weight will stay off....good luck!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 03:37 PM   #6  

You know what I think is our worst enemy? PANIC!

It really is -- I know what you're talking about all too well, that's why I'm trying to emphasize the head-game part of dieting that most people (including me) ignore when they're focusing on the mechanics of it.

So let's all take a deep breath and treat ourselves well today....something I really can see in so many posts here is how overweight people beat themselves up and how counterproductive it is, I see it so clearly in other people yet I DO THE SAME DAMN THING!

Give yourself a hug and treat yourself to a healthy rest of the day!
K8-EEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 03:40 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 197/129

Height: 5'4

I urge you to continue eating how you normally would. Do not resort to the slim fast. Restricting your food intake today may cause you to overeat once you do allow yourself some food. I'm not sure how many calories you allow yourself each day but there's definitely possibility you will go over today. But there's no need to worry because you may end up eating at your maintenance level of calories. So, while today won't create a deficit, you can eat mindfully for the rest of the day -- include protein and fiber in your meals to keep you full and satisfied. Drink plenty of water to flush out any water weight today's little slip up may have caused. Remembering how you felt today may help you in the future when you get those urges for chips, donuts, etc. If you can, try to get some exercise in today as well. Keep your head up!
Sweet Amor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 04:29 PM   #8  

Thanks, I think I'll have some fruit and protein for the rest of the day, plus lots of water.
Maybe some watermelon, appleand yogurt for lunch, then fish and small salad for dinner.
I think I could feel good about that.
I do need to get in the mindset that I'm doing this to look good for life, not to just look good on my wedding day, and to do this I need to concentrate not on what is going to melt the pounds off the fastest but what's going to keep the pounds off.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:23 PM   #9  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

I think we can all completely relate to the deadline-based diet panic! Glad to hear that you're doing ok!
freiamaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 05:49 PM   #10  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

Shy- relax, hun. We all have those naughty meals from time to time. Just eat right at the next meal and forget about it. Beating yourself up over it is ridiculous- you're human.

Oh, and relax about your wedding dress. They can be altered as you lose weight, so don't fret about the size you pick 6 months ahead of time.
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 05:54 PM   #11  
maiat

S/C/G: 174/147/123

Height: 5'2"

Default I have an idea!

I have an idea to help you get ready for your wedding. I recently had a plateau and got through it by eating more fiber. Underlined foods have high fiber.

Example:
Breakfast: oatmeal with raspberries, yogurt

Snack: LA Lite

Lunch: Spinach salad with hard boiled egg and radishes

Snack: Granny Smith Apple

Dinner: Chicken, Brussels Sprouts, Brown Rice

I cannot tell you how much this type of meal has helped my weight loss. I have steadily lost weight since I started adding fiber. Check online to find out more foods containing high fiber if you don't like these (brussels sprouts).
Let me know how it goes. I am so excited to figure this out! I am like a fiber commercial b/c weight loss would have been so much easier had I known this. I want everyone to know how much easier this is!!

Maia
maiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 05:59 PM   #12  
Going down, my way!

Maia, the past two days, I've been eating mostly a high fiber diet myself, and I managed to drop 4 pounds. I do believe there is something to the high fiber. I also read an article about how a high fiber diet can help flatten your abs- something I desperately need! I plan on sticking to this to see if this helps me with my weight loss.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:04 PM   #13  

hmmm, high fiber diet, I definatly ned to look ito this.
I can't stand oatmeal, but I'm sure there's much much more then that.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:15 PM   #14  
Going down, my way!

Kashi's Vive cereal is really yummy- even my kids love it. It has 14.18 grams of fiber per serving, and it gives you 57% of the fiber you need daily.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:18 PM   #15  

I'm going to look for that next time I'm in the grocery store