Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-24-2007, 05:44 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Default Oh no...It's me again. But with success! FINALLY!

So! I am SO very happy!

I think my greatest friend is structure. Whenever I have a lack of structure I end up doing all the worst things for myself.

I finally got my family to diet with me. My sister moved out (which is who my dad blamed why he got off the South Beach diet), and we cleaned out the kitchen and stocked it with healthier foods.

My parents are following the South Beach diet, but I'm following the guidelines and doing a more free version of it. The South Beach is focused on lowering sugars. I'm diabetic, so I end up eating some dried fruit as a snack for a pick me up. Other than that, I try to stay on track to the South Beach.

I've only been on it a week, however, I've turned around a full 360. I feel SO much better physically and much happier. This is due to a sleeping schedule and going to school everyday. I'm taking better care of myself, and this all leads to being more patient and optimistic.

Doing the diet with my family also helps a TON! It's also great we don't have all the bad junk in the house.

I wouldn't dream of depriving myself of food or being so strict that I feel stressed. I'd much rather reason with myself to learn patience and make sure I'm changing my habits for good. I'm expecting reasonable goals of myself (2 pounds a week), and I accept that this process will take a year and a half at the VERY least.

A week doesn't seem very long to most, but considering my past track record and all my obsessive habits, it feels like I'm letting go of all the horrible things and letting myself be content with something.

Anyways. Just thought I'd let you all know what's up.
Gamerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 08:52 PM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey Gamer!

I'm really glad to hear that your family is now trying to lose weight! That's great!

Welcome back, good to "hear" from you!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote