Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-27-2007, 06:35 PM   #1  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

Default Found the courage to...

UPDATE MY TICKER! Even though it is going the wrong way - I should be LOSING not GAINING!!!!
Sigh..
Pretty big step, though, taking responsibility for my four-month food frenzy.
Still, SIGH...
freiamaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 06:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

good for you. I know its not fun moving it in the opposite direction...but at least you are being honest...and besides...when you start loosing again..you'll have fun moving it back down (:
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 07:02 PM   #3  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

You will lose it again! I had gotten down to 203 by end of January this year. February brought problems with the ex and court issues ever since and by the time April hit I was 220 again! I told myself I would have to deal with the stress whether I was 170, 200, 220, 250, 300 etc!

So I buckled down and am now back to 204. Better late than never!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 09:49 PM   #4  

I understand the pain of having to move a ticker up. I've done it several times, and I always cringe when I do so. I hate worse than paying bills, being pulled over for speeding, or losing my car keys!

But I think you've made an important step by doing so. I think that the reason many of us have gotten has big as we have is that we have gotten pretty good at self denial as to the truth of our own real weight. We just turn a blind eye to the extra pounds. We settle for "not knowing/admitting" how much we really weigh, and our very clever minds oblige us by hiding the unhappy truth.

By knowing/admitting your true weight, in a place where you can see it clearly, you're forcing yourself to confront the truth. And having done so, you're in a much better position to do something positive about it.

Upward adjusting the ticker might seem like a big set back to you, but to my mind, it's a major step forward. Just be diligent in taking the next logical step, doing something constructive to make it move in the right direction!
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 12:03 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 287.5/257.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up

I applaude your honesty. That's a hard thing to do.

ruthannie
ruthannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 09:35 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7''

Freiamaya - you had the courage to update your ticker and you have given me the courage to do the same.

I hit goal at the start of July just before I went on a 6 week backpacking holiday....I was totally out of my routine with no gym/pool to go to and fell totally victim to the mentality of eating/tasting everything just because it was there and new and I wondered what it tasted like. I put back on 14lbs :-(
I just got back last week and have been feeling terrible BUT you have given me what I needed today and I'm back at looking at things positively - it sure has taught me not to take things for granted!

I'm on my way back down again. thank you.
finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 10:31 AM   #7  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Finn! I wondered where you had gone! So sorry to hear about the weight gain... C'mon over to the maintainer's forum for some added support!

Yes, you can lose those added pounds! Hang with us...

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 11:43 AM   #8  

Hurray for you!!!! That's the way to reverse the trend....own up and you're on your way again!

I can't tell you how long I avoided getting on a scale again after not facing it - natch it only made the situation worse! Congrats for being honest with yourself & being on the way down again!
K8-EEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 02:12 PM   #9  
banned

Thanks everyone. I must confess (what, again??? It's been a week of confessions, but I digress..) that it really is a relief to be honest. I didn't realize how bad it felt to sign in and see my "low weight" when I knew darn well I was regaining!
Thanks for all the support,
and thanks Finn - we can do it!!! You know, we are the same height and started at almost the exact same weight -- I hope I can look as nice as you do in your avatar!
Old 08-28-2007, 02:34 PM   #10  

S/C/G: SW/253/CW231/GW175

Height: 5'8

I've done the same too!! But I'm definately only going down from now on it's one day at a time.
SlimmingWorldChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 04:36 PM   #11  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Ahh but notice a still considerably large drop on that ticker. A lot to be proud of and to motivate you even more.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 06:28 PM   #12  
banned

Old 08-28-2007, 07:15 PM   #13  

What goes up, must come down!

emily
xxx
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote