Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2002, 07:42 PM   #16  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey to everyone and a Happy New Year!

I had a blast last night! It was our first time out on New Year's Eve in 11 years. Our oldest was born on the morning of the 31st, and we are always holding a birthday party for her. This year she asked to spend the night at her cousin's house. I was a bit sad at first, but we really did have a good time and so did she.

I haven't written out my resolutions yet this year, but the first and foremost is to commit to myself in health and happiness. Quite often the way to find those is intertwined, at least for me. I've also committed to doing things I've postponed or made all sorts of excuses to not finish. Mostly that is a business and personal life item, but it falls under the health and happiness category as well.
So now, I need to write those out and set a plan on how to accomplish them. I'm not much of one for the concrete number type of goals, but if I end up setting one in the process, you will be sure to know.

Munchkin and I are on our own again tonight, and she is busy drawing pictures as fast as she can. Kiddo has actually taken out about 30 sheets of paper and spread them over the living room floor. She finishes one picture and moves to the next paper. She even paused to decorate a cardboard box along the way. Busy girl! She makes me laugh.

I've left a tip of the day from emazing.com. Something for me to ponder as I talk myself out of a few minutes to exercise since I can't do the whole program!

Exercise: No Time Is No Excuse
Do you feel that you simply do not have time to dedicate to exercising? If so, a new study may change your ways. Shorter bouts of exercise may be just as beneficial as longer ones, according to the study published in the October 2001 issue of the Journal of the American College of Nutrition. In the study, 30 overweight female college students either exercised for three 10-minute periods, two 15-minute periods, one 30-minute period, or not at all. Aerobic capacity increased while body fat and body mass index decreased in all of the exercise groups, regardless of time period. If you cannot commit to a long exercise period, at least find a few times throughout the day that you can dedicate to exercising!

- M. Ellman

Time for me to run. Take care all, and I hope this first day of your year feels like a beautiful new beginning!

Andria
Old 01-01-2002, 07:58 PM   #17  

Michelle I agree with the protein at each meal..of course, I haven't done that but I do agree with you. I will, however, vow to improve this also in 2002. I started eating protein with breakfast two weeks before Christmas and I did feel better the rest of the day, actually. Thanks, you reminded me to stop at the grocery store tomorrow to purchase my protein.

Thinthinker I have some tapes of Richard's also that I will be using. I have been feeling so in control today that that is actually scaring me - how do I keep this feeling?

Here is my inspiration. I would have been happy to have this body at any age.

Last edited by LuckyLadyBug; 01-01-2002 at 08:00 PM.
Old 01-01-2002, 08:06 PM   #18  

Andria Shoot, now I don't have any reason not to exercise.

Glad to hear you had a fun New Years.

Okay, I can't resist...here is another inspiration.
Old 01-01-2002, 09:13 PM   #19  
Thin Within

Geri dear you don't have to apologize for liking your GF. Goodness that is why "they" make so many different kinds of ways to grill foods. Different strokes for different folks. And if it sounded like I was looking down my nose at ya'all that like it don't believe it. I am not that kind of a person.

I have buried my "shouldof." Thanks for that article ~ great thoughts.

It was wonderful spending time with family over the holidays. It has been quite a few years and we had a blast.

I am going to rejoin WW on the 7th for it is the first meeting they are having of the year in this area. I don't think I have regained all I had lost but won't even trip. Just go from there and make this year count.

That gal that our pal Richard interviewed sure did nuckle down and buckle down. WOW that was a lot to lose in 2 years.

Everyone have a great 2002 and let each moment count.
Old 01-01-2002, 09:35 PM   #20  

Default New Year, New Life

Hi Everyone

I've posted on this site occasionally and I last posted around Thanksgiving. Unfortunately I haven't posted since then because my husband unexpectedly died of a heartattack early in December. I am still in shock and dealing with major heartache. We have a ten year old so I am trying to be strong for her but this has been the worst thing that has ever happened to me. I am keeping busy and trying to focus on our 12 years of good memories. I am going to restart a workout regime again this week to help me with my weight battle and also to keep me in a more positive mood.

I know there are many of you out there reading this who have probably suffered through losses similar to this and I would appreciate any advice on how you cope with such a loss. Especially an unexpected one such as my husband who was probably only 10-15 pounds overweight. His family did however have a history of heart disease and my husband was one that felt a doctor was the enemy, but that's another story all together.

Well good luck to everyone in this new year and may we all get fit and healthy this year.

Suzygirl
Old 01-01-2002, 09:45 PM   #21  
You and Me in 2003

Suzy: I sure am sorry about your husband. Hugs to you.

Geri: Son is too old for partys he is 31. I did make him a pan of brownies. Blackeyed peas and cabbage on New Years is a southern thing I guess they bring good luck like pickled herring in the scandinavian countries.

I haven't made any resolutions except one to lose this weight. I guess exercising would be another. I did walk on the treadmill for 10 minutes today but I also ate a brownie.

Well I better go DH has to return to work tomorrow after being off since before christmas.
Old 01-02-2002, 03:29 AM   #22  
Dancing those pounds away

Smile One day at a time

Suzygirl... I cannot imagine what you must be going through. I am sooooo sorrry for your loss. I have no experience in losses of loved ones yet. I can't offer any great words of wisdom but I can definitly offer a shoulder to cry on, an ear to listen, and my heart to help carry any burdens.
I hope you make our group your new home and support group. What misfortunes I have faced in life all seem to have the same game plan for overcoming. Take it one day at a time. Whether it is trying to lose weight, losing a job, overcoming any obstacle... take it ONE DAY AT A TIME. We will be here for you. {{{ HUGS }}}

Thin... Blackeyed peas are eaten for good luck here. I have never heard of running around the house barefoot. If that were true, I would be one lucky lady. LOL I used to ALWAYS go barefoot until I got such bad foot problems. Now I can't even wear pretty shoes anymore, only ugly supportive clodhoppers.
I also wanted to say how much I AGREE with you 3x5 card...
I will not should on myself today.

SYN... so good to see you again. I would like to rephrase your statement. Channge.."I will try" ... to ... "I WILL post more often" Like Thin said... for whatever reason it can help keep you focused. You don't have to respond to everyone. Just pop in and read and let us know you are there. WE MISS YOU.

LuckyLady... if your weight loss plans are too overwhelming... simplify them. Don't make them so strict or scarey. FEAR will stop you in your tracks. Make your plans enjoyable. And know we won't leave you now.... we are going to be going on this journey TOGETHER. When I am wanting to eat a no-no... I am going to be thinking.... "we are doing this together, I am not alone, they know that I am giving up excess food just like them."

Hi Taz... I think I saw you posting in a Low Carb site the other night. You had your photo as your avatar. Same name and same stats. Let me repeat... I am so glad you joined us here too.

Kat... did you survive the new years eve party. LOL
A house full of 16 year olds.... oh how well I remember those days.
I don't have the Foreman grill but I have a copycat version... and I HATE it.
It is the hardest thing on earth to clean. The food was good, but the clean up was terrible. The grills are not removeable and the food sticks to it even after spraying with pam. It takes an HOUR to clean it. It looks identical but it sure isn't the same obviously.

Michelle... you asked about others and protein experiences. I am a carb addict and protein for breakfast for me is a must. I love eggs but watch the cholestrol by using only one yolk and several egg whites. I also watch how much cheese I eat. The less cheese the better the loss... but I love cheese so I am willing to lose slower to have some cheese often. I also eat leftover chicken for breakfast sometimes. It is actually quite good.

Andria... it is so good have the old Andria back.
You also had a cool slogan... Exercise....No time is NO excuse.
I made a commitment to start doing more exercise as of Jan 2 and it is now here. There are no more excuses... especially since even 10 minutes count. I am going to go back to my old routine. I get to reward myself with 10 extra minutes in here when I exercise. 10 minutes other than my usual. LOL

Maggie... loved your quote too. "I am just going from here and making this year count." That is so great. TODAY is all we need to focus on. Not last year or even last night. Not next Christmas nor even tomorrow. TODAY is the only day we have to take care of. Take it one day at a time.

Mary... I haven't fogotten you. I bet your husband isn't too glad to get back to work after such a long break. My husband whines more the longer he is off. LOL . I have been spoiled the last several years getting to stay home. I miss working part-time though. I need to get busy again. I have work I could do... if I got off my duff and did it. Hopefully ..NO... let me rephrase that.... AFTER I lose some of this weight my legs will be more capable to carry me. I will become more active.
I am glad you have heard of blackeyed peas. They are even good. I like them with jalepenos in them and cooked till the juice is thick. I never heard of pickled herring being for good luck.

Needless to say... I am not going to be able to respond to everyone like this as often in the future. We are growing in leaps and bounds... PLUS ... I am going to be busy swimming and exercising. I even plan on cooking more with recipes.
VEGGIES are essential to a good balanced diet and I need other ways of serving them rather than just open the can.

Ladies... I AM TRULY DEDICATED to improving my eatting habits.
I am dedicated to being choosey when it comes to my food plan.
I am dedicated to making better choices.
And I am dedicated to making progress.
Old 01-02-2002, 08:02 AM   #23  

Okay, 2Cute when do you sleep?

I just wanted to pop in and say I am down 5 pounds. Before any cheering starts let me remind you I had the flu for 3 days so this isn't norm and will probably go up some in the coming week.

Suzygirl Hugs to you....anytime you want to talk come here or PM me. My Mother died of a heart attack on Nov 29th when I was 18 so I have some idea of what you are going through. My aunt died on Christmas Day 2001 so this time of the year is always and continues to be a hard time for my family. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 01-02-2002, 08:20 AM   #24  
You and Me in 2003

Morning ladies

DH has gone off to work and I need to go get on the treadmill. I haven't eaten breakfast yet either.

2cute: blackeyed peas are a staple here in Mississippi. I add garlic to them we eat them with big slices of onion. I hate pickled herring it's nasty.(that's DH's thing).

Suzy:{{more hugs}} We are here for you. Hang in there.

To the rest of my friends water ,water, water, water.
Old 01-02-2002, 12:33 PM   #25  
a work in progress...

Hi all...

I did it again! Last night I was posting, it got kind of deep and a little too long and somehow I obliterated it before I could hit "submit." Oh well, I guess there's a reason for that.

I see everyone survived NYE. I had no choice, I had to work...my hubby stayed home with the party. 11-7 shift in the ER, New Year's Eve with a full moon is NO party!! What a night! I came home to a kitchen that looked like a swarm of locusts came through and ate everything in their path...My first thought was to start cleaning, and then I figured the girls can do this when they get up. I was pleasantly shocked when I got up at 2:00 and all was sparkling!

Suzy, I am so sorry for your loss. I have never lost someone that close to me so I can't give you first-hand advice, but I would recommend either a grief couselor or a bereavement group. My niece recently lost her fiance to a heart attack (32 years old) and has benefitted from the bereavement group. I admire your determination to keep moving to keep your spirits up. Exercise is a great mood elevator. God bless you and your family.

My DH is 1/2 Filipino, and his mother always reminds us each year end to fill up the cannisters (rice, salt, flour, sugar) for New Years. Also, they eat "pancit" which is vegetables and chicken with long noodles (for long life) on New Year's Eve. AND you must make sure you have some money in your pocket before the stroke of 12, to ensure your pockets will never be empty.

My resolutions are numerous...lose weight, quit smoking, exercise more, de-clutter, get organized, get out of debt...but most of all, just to be happy. I think that one is the most important one of all and everything else will fall into place once I have mastered that. I have wasted so much time WAITING for everything to be "just right" (ie: thin) before I could sit back and enjoy my life. After Sept 11, I realized that life is too short, we don't know what tomorrow, or even the next 5 minutes will bring. So don't wait wait for some event to define your happiness, enjoy what you have right here and now and make the most of each day.

With that in mind, I'd better get my A$$ off the computer and into productive mode!!

Have a great day, gang!
Old 01-02-2002, 12:47 PM   #26  
Give Peace A Chance !

Hello Everyonre,

2Cute: If it was a LC site you probably saw me posting there. I use the same nik on all the BB I post on and most of them have my pic as a avatar.

Suzy: I'm so sorry to hear about your DH. There is never the correct words to say to someone who is as hurt as you must be so I'll just offer my prayers to you and your family during this your time of grief.

Thin: What did that 500+ pound gal do to lose all that weight? Did you find that out? What program were they selling in QVC? Inquirering minds like mine want to know.

To everyone else, have a good day and stay on plan.
Old 01-02-2002, 03:21 PM   #27  
Dancing those pounds away

Smile I am on my way....

WEll friends... I am on my way to a new me.
I forced myself to go swimming today. Even with all this new reslove I have... I still had to force myself to go... BUT I WENT !!!!!
I came home and ate a huge taco salad and a huge glass of water.
Then I loaded my dishwasher with tons of dirty dishes and my sink full of pots and pans and here I am.... Giving myself my reward... YOU.

I have drank at least 6-8 glasses of water so far.
I did my swimming.
I ate my veggies.
I have been productive.
Yes... I am on my way. This is a NEW DAY !!!!!

Luckylady.. I have always had weird sleeping habits. When I was younger I actually stayed up for days with no sleep. Einstein used to have the same problem too. Maybe we are both geniuses.

Mary.. we too eat blackeyed peas as a regular. I always added garlic... but I add garlic to everything. LOL. I love butter with them... but that was in the past. LOL

Kat... I know the frustration of losing posts. I often write them off line then copy and paste in here. A reminder to all that if you add too many smilies it won't take either.

Sometimes I figure if I lose them it was because I wrote what "I" needed to hear. LOL Just getting something on paper(computer) helps me work some things out. If I am really really mad at someone or something it is really helpful to get out my emotions on paper before I try to share them with someone. Each time I share a burden... that burden is then reduced by half. Share it again and that half is reduced by half. So on and so on.
The secret is to share it with someone who is NOT involved in the problem. Someone non-biased.... Not effected by the problem. I hope that made sense. LOL

Well my reward time is over... time to get productive again.
Just want to restate... I AM DETERMINED !!!!
Old 01-02-2002, 09:03 PM   #28  
You and Me in 2003

Just a quick post. I have typing to do that I can't seem to get started on. I actually walked for 15 minutes today. I'm trying

Hope everyone had a good day see all of you tomorrow.
Old 01-02-2002, 09:15 PM   #29  

Still have a touch of that darn flu but wanted to stop and say howdy.

Calories were good today but I still have some water to get in. I run out of time each night when I don't get home until 6PM. I will figure something out...

I heard on TV that jockey's (the guys that ride horses in horse races - so you don't confuse this story with underwear) only eat 800 calories a day....geez, I know they are short but come on. One of the jockey's interviewed said he eats two bowls of dry cereal during the day to keep going. It looked like Wheaties. OF COURSE, breakfast of champions...okay I will go now I think my fever is getting the best of me.

Suzygirl I hope you are lurking....(((((((((Hugs))))))))))
Old 01-02-2002, 11:11 PM   #30  
Michigan Old-Timer

This only makes 29 posts, but I'm feeling lengthy tonight so I thought I would start a new thread instead of posting here.

Do NOT post here!

Go to "300+ And ready to try again..#118"

See you there!
Closed Thread