Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-19-2007, 04:35 PM   #1  

Default I lost it...

I lost it last night. I was extremely stressed out and emotionally exhausted, and I totally broke my plan. I basically ate a little bit of everything I saw.
This morning, I am up almost four pounds. I had some good, organic food for lunch - whole wheat pasta w/ chicken breast and veggies and tomato sauce.
I cannot keep my fixation away from the scale, though! It obviously only goes up throughout the day, but it's reading so high! I haven't been so apt to check it throughout the day in a LONG time.
Also, I only feel like eating more. Instead of being satisfied with my lunch, I kept craving sweets. It's like, once I unleash this horrible thing inside me, it only wants more and more.
How can I get back in control?
I even want to grab celery sticks, just to be eating SOMETHING! I have this incessant need to munch.
Is there anything at all I can do?
ValentineNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 04:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

Yes! Stop right now! Put on your sneakers and go outside for a walk or run. Do some exercise to keep your mind off it and to raise your spirits.

Bear in mind, also, that what you're seeing on the scale will be the weight of the food in your system, plus whatever water-weight came along with all the sodium. It's not new fat (even if you managed to eat 14,000 calories over your maintenance calories, it still wouldn't be showing up as fat today).

Do some exercise and get back on your wagon. The important thing is to not lose your motivation or commitment!
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 05:43 PM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Step away from the scale! You are not to weigh more than once a day! DO YOU READ ME?!

All right, now that we've got that straightened out...

It is pointless to weigh more than once a day. Set a time in the morning when you will weigh, and weigh then ( which means get on the scale ONCE, note the reading, and get OFF. Don't get on AGAIN!). If you cannot stay away from the scale, get rid of it and weigh elsewhere. No really!

Baffled111 has a good suggestion--get out of the house and go for a walk!

Four pounds in one day is water imbalance. It cannot be fat because you would have had to eat 14,000 calories over your daily burn.

If you want to keep eating, stay with the celery sticks. Baby carrots are good, too. Buy some cantaloupe and eat that! You can eat an entire 5-inch cantaloupe for under 200 calories. Yum! Have some lowfat cottage cheese with it.

Put together a plan for your snacks and meals. You need to know what you're going to eat next and when, so that you aren't always casting about for something.

Other than that, it's discipline! Put down that food!

I hope it helps! You can do this, you really can!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote