Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-28-2007, 04:58 PM   #1  

Unhappy Hit a plateau

I am getting entirely fed up with myself and my new healthy living style. It's ust not producing results. So far I have lost 37 pounds over the last several months ( 9 or so). But it seems like the weight is just no longer coming off. I have been at the same weight for probably a month now, no later what I eat or lack there of it's not taking it off. I have also increased my workouts recently to see if that would show results, and it's not. It's almost like it's not even worth it . I have no idea what I am doing wrong, I haven't touched a bite of cake in forever, and I work out religiously and I am not seeing results. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Elizabeth04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 05:26 PM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Of course it's worth it!!!!

But before we can give you a more precise and accurate answer, we need to know a few things. Just what exactly is your food plan? Your exercise plan? Maybe they need a little tweaking. How are you tracking your calories? ARE you tracking your calories.

I also see that you only have another 13 lbs to go. As we get smaller and smaller it IS more difficult to lose the weight. It DOES come off easier in the beginning and quicker. Usually as we go along some adjustments need to be made.

Get back to us. In the meantime, hang in there. You have done a FABULOUS job so far and I'm sure your weightloss WILL get moving in the right direction with a little detective work and a bit of patience.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 06:17 PM   #3  
Mariposa

S/C/G: 216/190/150

Height: 5'2

Question

OH MY GOD....I was reading your post Elizabeth and I had to double check that I had not written it myself...
It sounds so familiar... It's very "FRUSTRATING" to work really hard and not see the results. I have been stuck at my weight for over 2 weeks...one week I even went to the gym twice x 5 times a week... and I lost 1 lb... I dont get it..

Sample Meal that i might have during the week:

Breakfast: Omelette (1 egg, 1 egg white) with green peppers, onions and mushrooms ... or a strawberry/blueberry smoothie (fat free milk) and some whey protein mixed in.

Lunch: Lean Ham and light swiss cheese sandwich on a whole weat bread or tuna sald with canned veggies and fat free mayo...with 2 slices of wheat bread. Chicken breast with lemon pepper and cayenne done on my George Foreman Grill ( I LOVE THAT GRILL!!) and a salad with Vinegratte (sp?) Water... I'm not a soda drinker at all...maybe 1 or 2 sodas a week... more like 1.

Dinner: We have steak, chicken, salmon...we tend to cook it in the George Foreman Grill marinated ...if not it's cooked with vegetable oil spray... or a little olive oil... we have some rice or potatoes with this...but I make sure to only have one hand full (fist size) I do eat beans too...

I think the worst I east during the week is pasta and red sauce...but we buy the whole weat pasta...and regular Ragu tomato pasta...

I work out for 40 mins 5 days a week...Intense cardio I would say 4 days a week...run 2 miles in about 30 minutes... and do very little weights right now... (trying to get an affordable personal trainer)...I need to learn how to do weights...

Wow...I'm sorrry to write a novel...but I was trying to explain my scenario and see If I can get some ideas..suggestions... they will All BE GREATELY APPRECIATED![/QUOTE]
vpreciado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 06:20 PM   #4  

Thanks fore replying Robin.
My food plan is anywhere from about 1300 to 1800 a day normally falling about 1500. I do a lot of veggies, high fiber foods. I try to eat the smallest amount of meat possible esp red meat. I do it it maybe once or twice a week though. Normally I go for chicken or fish.

I work out probably about five days a week from anywhere to 40-60 minutes (cardio). And generally do weights and or yoga three times a week for probably half an hour or so.

50 pounds was just my initial goal. After I do the first 50 I plan on maybe another at least 30-50 depending on how I feel/ look etc...

Wow,vpreciado! We are almost exactly in the same boat. Good luck honey! I am sure it's going to come off soon. Hang in there with me

Thanks Again!
Old 08-28-2007, 07:09 PM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi Elizabeth. Well, 1300-1800 is a wide range. Are you tracking your calories carefully? Is there any possible way you are consuming more then that? Are you having more 1800 cal days or 1300 calorie days?

If your weight has stalled, that's usually a sign to drop your calories. Since we don't know exactly what you weigh, it's hard to say just how many calories would be a good place to continue with. Maybe you might want to stay at 1500 calories very strictly for a couple of weeks. Really, really watch them and try not to go over. If that produces a loss, then great, if not, you might want to cut back another 100 cals and try that for 2 weeks or so. So very much of this is trial and error. And STICKING with the plan.

And yes, it's SO very worth it. Good luck. Hang in there. I have no doubt you'll get that scale moving downward again real soon.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 10:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 155/150/125-130

Height: 5' 5"

I agree with what others have said -

First, you've really done well! It's harder and harder as you get closer to goal because your body needs fewer calories to maintain!

One of two things are happening:

Your calorie intake may have crept up and it's a little higher than your estimate. This is very easy to do! If you're not tracking what you eat meticulously, start doing it.

The other possibility is that you've lost enough weight that you now have to lower your calorie intake/increase exercise significantly to keep losing.

The bottom line is to carefully track what you're eating and start cutting back calories and exercising more if you're not losing. The additional exercise is a great way to burn a few extra calories but probably isn't enough to see a significant addition to weight loss right away.

Good luck and don't lose hope! It WILL happen! You just have to be persistent and dedicated.
Kilketay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 04:03 PM   #7  

Height: 5'8

drop the calories.. 1800 cal does seem like that could be the problem. 1300 sounds alot better but who am i to talk, i have been stuck at the same weight for nearly the whole month of august.. almost.. not all but yes.
pinupdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 07:57 PM   #8  

thanks for the advice everyone, I'l going to watch my calories this week really closely.