Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-19-2007, 12:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 155/150/125-130

Height: 5' 5"

Default Not Just for Looks!

It has really struck home for me how weight loss can improve your health - as well as looks.

Right before I started dieting, I had blood tests done to check my cholesterol. They regularly have free blood test sessions at the place where I work. So, yesterday I had blood tests done again, two months after starting the diet. And I'm already seeing an improvement! My total cholesterol dropped by 20 points, with the good cholesterol (HDL) remaining the same as before and the bad cholesterol (LDL) dropping by 10 points. My blood glucose dropped by 20 points! And most impressive, my triglyceride level dropped almost in HALF, down to 56. Wow, I was impressed!

Has anyone else seen any improvement in their measures of health?
Kilketay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:02 PM   #2  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

That is great killetay! Well my blood pressure was high. ( No meds though) And last time I checked it a few months ago it was slightly above the normal. I am going to check it again today if I remember, I hope it will be in the normal range!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:18 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Oh yeah! On July 30, I am scheduled for a free health screening at work. Here are my 2006 and 2005 results! http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...ht=cholesterol

I will post my 2007 results after the screening! I WISH I had my baseline numbers and encourage everyone starting out to get a screening for future comparisons!

I love it - this was the POINT of my initial "Super Foods" diet - eat foods that had powerful nutritional benefit, avoid foods with limited/no nutritional benefit to improve my long term health. Cutting out all that processed stuff, fast food, soda, candy - WORKS!!!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I have actually been surprised that my bloodwork hasn't changed really at all -- there was nothing wrong when I started and nothing still wrong now, but the numbers didn't really move!

However, my blood pressure has gone down, and I am healthier and able to do so much more than I could before. There's really no comparison!

Oh, and I sleep better at night and no longer snore to wake the dead.
I rarely get sick.
I used to have diarrhea all the time -- no more! (yay for fiber and low fat foods!)

So, yeah. Healthier!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote