Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2001, 10:54 AM   #1  
burned out bus driver

Default Stay At Home Moms #22

Stay At Home Mom's #22
Welcome all newcomers and friends! This is a thread full of laughter, friendship and encouragement, as we share our lives and the ups & downs of raising a family. Feel free to join us. We look forward to getting to know each other better.
Be sure to go back to SAHM's #21 to catch up with the latest on what has been going on in everyone's lives during the past week or so.
Ginny

I have a busy day today-lots of paperwork and cleaning to catch up on. I am off to a good start with my eating, and as soon as I get off the computer, I'm out for my walk!
Have a great day. We would love to hear from you!
GInny
Old 12-06-2001, 12:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Angry

Good Day, Everyone!

Just a quick note to check in. I didn't weigh myself this a.m. because I forgot to before I stuffed my face! Weighing
in everyday isn't supposed to be done anyways! For me; it works & keeps me accountable. If I see it go up a little bit, I can really watch it before it's too late. I'm trying real hard to stay OP today. So far today I had 2 breakfasts. A Slim Fast @ 6:30 a.m. & breakfast outing with a friend. (A delicious omelette) I decided to just have a piece of fruit for lunch. Well, I'd better get back to my busy schedule. See yah later!

**Jackie**
Old 12-06-2001, 11:45 PM   #3  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
For those who check the time of my posts (like my fellow night owl, Jackie!) yes, it is late. Tomorrow is a long, rough day, so I am doubtful that I will get a chance to post.
Tomorrow is Dd's birthday party (soon to be 6 yr old). Her actual birthday is not for another 12 days, but being so close to Christmas makes it tough. So the party is tomorrow afternoon.
Our kitten (well, almost cat, she is almost 7 months old) goes in tomorrow to be spayed. I did this deliberately on the same day as Dd's party because it will keep her busy and not asking about the cat all day. She adores this little kitty so much!!!!!!!!! Hard to believe that a year ago we were looking at surgery for our last cat to remove a tumor (she made it thru the surgery, but the cancer came back and she died in May). So now we have this silly goof ball for a cat- who is really about the closest in temperment to our former cat as you can get. What a sweet kitty. I will miss her while she is at the vet's tomorrow.
I did not finish up today as well as I had hoped. Dd (the older one) and Dh got into an emotional battle- and I was the buffer.
So, I did some stress eating................... Wish I hadn't!
But I am planning to walk tomorrow am at 5 and try to eat lightly all day to attempt to balance out the points. Hopefully I will be able to succeed.
Jackie, I hope that you ended up your day "OP". How are you doing with your shopping? And all the other stuff that keeps us busy this time of year! Is your tree up yet?
I have a question. I am about ready to undergrow (as opposed to out grow!) some clothes. Do I keep them (in the event that I balloon up again ) or donate them. What do you think?

Well, it is late and I had better go. Have a great nite and weekend,in case I do not get here for a day or so!
Ginny
Old 12-10-2001, 08:08 PM   #4  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Where is everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The past few days have been tough- lots of stuff to keep me busy- and unfortunately some stress eating too. My reserve has not been so strong- family tensions have been high. Tomorrow will be better!!!!!!!!!!!! (actually, today was not all that bad, with my eating, got my walk in and water too).
Gotta go. Dd is in one dilly of a mood and she wants the computer.
Stop in and say hello!
Ginny
Old 12-11-2001, 01:05 PM   #5  

Talking

Hi!

I'm here! I've just been extremely busy! I've been doing a so-so job on my weightloss journey. I'm a little behind on my water & the St. Nick candy calls my name once in awhile. Thank goodness it's just about gone. St. Nick didn't bring much in the first place, so I didn't go too over-board. I've been so busy that I'm forgetting to eat, so this is good to a certain extent. Well, I'd better get going & take advantage to a day to myself! TTFN **Jackie**
Old 12-11-2001, 11:16 PM   #6  
burned out bus driver

Good Evening,
Well, today did not end up quite as well as I had hoped with staying OP but I did not do all that badly either. I really had no flagrant problems- did not raid the cookie jar or go beserk eating peanut butter out of the jar or something naughty like that! (thank goodness!) I did not get my walk in , but already have it planned for tomorrow. I really want to be below 160 by Christmas, so I had better get cracking!!!!!!!!

My role as peacemaker here was blessed today. Dd and Dh have really been at odds with each other- and to try to explain to Dh that just maybe he should ease up on Dd a bit has been a challenge. Dd has made some real bone head moves in the past few weeks, and although I know she made mistakes, I also know that she is aware of them and (I HOPE!) is learning from them. I am not trying to make light of her errors, but I do not think it is best to belittle or berate her in the midst of this.
Sorry for being so vague here, but I do not want to bore or burden with details and I need to vent this (or I eat!!!!)
I hope to post tomorrow, with my WI . Keep your fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!!! Have a good nite. Oh, and Jackie- Thanks for posting!! You keep me going here!
Ginny
Old 12-12-2001, 02:29 PM   #7  

Exclamation

Hi!

It looks as though its just Ginny & me here! Hopefully after the holidays some more will join us. At least the 2 of us are trying to keep each other accountable. I sure hope that you stayed out of the peanut butter jar! Well, I didn't have the candy far enough away from me! I ended up getting into some chocolate turtles (Just Two) that I took out of the house & put in my DH closed in snowmobile trailer. I had to work real hard by removing the D-pin that locks the trailer & then I had to lift the super-heavy cover up, balance the cover on my shoulders while I opened the box up, grabbed 1 turtle, put the cover back on the chocolates, & I also put the fancy foiled covered rubber band back around the box, & then finally closed & locked up the trailer again. Through all that work, I managed to repeat the same routine all over again 10 minutes later. I did stop at 2 because I didn't want DH to notice that I got into them. Today I'm doing great!!! Well, I'd better get going so that the basement will be all nice & organized for the cable guy. TTFN **Jackie**
Old 12-12-2001, 05:40 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

hello all! I am new to this thread and am a stay at home mom. Boy was I glad to see there was a thread all for us!
I'll tell you about myself now:
My name is spryng. I am a mother of two (23 months and 12 months old) I am happily married to a wonderful man of almost 4 years come april. I am 21 years old. Lets see. I live in oklahoma and it's really cold right now. But I guess that's to be expected since it's winter and all that OK. When I got married I weighed 106 lbs. Underweight for my 5'4" frame. 8 months later I found myself at 140 lbs. Why did I gain so much?? the dreaded birth control pill. So I went off and poof! I was pregnant and gaining again...two months after my daughter was born I found myself pregnant again and gaining again... I never got a chance to get the weight off from the first one. So here I am. My son just turned one and I'm finally back to the 140's. 143 to be exact. My goal is 125. Now I've been dieting for a few months now. I went from 160 to 143. So that's a big deal to me. I'm in my best friends wedding come january 19th so I need to be at least 130 by then. So I'm trying very hard right now. But nobody I'm around is dieting so it gets discouraging all the time. I'm so glad I found this thread. other stay at home mom's know exactly what I'm going through. Now that you know my life story I guess I can be quiet. I just wanted you to know a little about me and I'm sure you'll see many more posts and replies with my name on it!!
Old 12-12-2001, 10:42 PM   #9  
burned out bus driver

Hiya!!!!!!!!
Welcome Spryng! (what a beautiful name!) I am so glad that you found us. This entire web site has been slow this fall/winter and we welcome having a new friend! Sounds like you are doing great- you have already lost 17 pounds. I think that is a big deal too! What are you doing to lose? Are you on a specific diet or just eating sensibly. Do you excercise (although chasing two young children like you have is excercise enough!!!!!!)
I live in New York state- so we are cold here too. I had a dear friend who lived in Kansas- not too far from you- and I was surprised to hear how volatile the weather can be. Summers are very hot and dry and winters very cold. Is that how it is where you are? Do you have snow? I have 3 children and a wonderful husband. My kids are 15 (dd), 12 (ds) and 5 (dd). All 3 attend Christian schools. I work part time (self employed) but consider myself a SAHM , as I am usually only out of the house,commute and all for 6 or 7 hours. I have been on Weight Watchers now since mid October, and have lost about 17.5 pounds. I walk 4 or 5 times a week, and do some calesthenics to attempt to tone my flabby body. And, I have bored you with enough about me tonite!!!!

Jackie- you make me laugh! I think you burned more calories getting those dumb truffles than you got eating them! Gosh, I would love to have been a fly on the wall watching you getting them. Aw, well, it is only 2 truffles (did you figure out how many points they are?) and if you were good the rest of the day and have been busy (and I know that you have been) they should not matter. Glad to hear that you have been off to a good start today, and I hope that you finished up on a high note. How did your day of intense cleaning go?

Well, peace has returned to my house - everyone is asleep!
No, Dd and Dh have declared a cease fire which I am so thankful for! It was getting so intense here. Tomorrow nite is Ds's Christmas concert, which I am looking foward to.

I did my WI this morning- hard for me to believe my eyes but I lost another 2#. So, I am down to 160.5#. Got my walk in this am too.
Gotta go- I have to write a letter on the computer.
See ya tomorrow!!!! Have a great nite.
Ginny
Old 12-12-2001, 10:53 PM   #10  

No I'm not on a specific diet. I was on atkins for a few months. But got tired of wanting pasta and breads back into my life (and my mouth!) I lost most of my weight on it. But now I'm just doing low-cal. I keep my calories under 1000. (not every day but mostly) I eat alot of healthy choice meals and cambells soups (I still am not comfortable cooking low cal yet) I have fell in love with the Special K Redberries cereal so I have it everyday with fat free skim milk. I feel like I am doing ok. Eventually I'm going to print off some recipes and cook something low cal.
Anyway, Spryng is my middle name. My first name is Krystol. But I prefer Spryng.
The weather is oklahoma is an uncertain thing. The saying here is "if you don't like the weather, stick aroung ten minutes and it will change" and it's true. We have surprise storms and snow and the works. The summers are hot and humid! You can't fix your hair because it will be drenched with moisture during the summers. It's awful.
As for exercise I don't really do anything. I clean house from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm and that's about it besides the rare occasion I go shopping or something like that. I need to do some toning but I just haven't gotton around to it yet. What I really want to do is join a gym! They have a day care there so the kids can come too. But my husband is working two jobs right now and we have only one vehicle so I have to wait. That's ok though.
Well anyway, I just wanted to answer your questions. So I think I covered them all! If I missed anything...sorry!
Old 12-13-2001, 10:51 AM   #11  
burned out bus driver

Good Morning!!!!
Good to hear from you again, Spryng. Thanks for answering my questions. As Jackie can tell you (we have been post-mates here for a while) I can get really long winded and rather verbous. My posts have been rather short for me recently. As for cooking, there are some great cookbooks out there that you can use while still cooking for a family. I know what you mean about not knowing how to eat when the rest of the family is eating regular stuff. I like the Healthy Exchanges cookbooks- because all the recipes are family friendly and can be easily translated into Weight Watchers points. And the recipes are yummy too! Oklahoma sounds a lot like what my friend Judy told me Kansas weather was like. Oh, so unpredictable! And hot summers.
Sounds like you are doing just fine with your weight loss even without excercise. It is wonderful that you are able to stay home with your babies and that your Dh is committed enough to work hard to support you.

I got out for my walk this am and have not been too bad with my eating. So far I have had oatmeal, tea and I did have one piece of French toast (diet syrup and no butter!). I am a bit over where I like to be this time of day point wise, but I have plans for a nice big salad for lunch and will regain my balance then.
Gotta go and clean. Have a great day!!!!!
Ginny
Old 12-17-2001, 11:17 PM   #12  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Wow, it is so quiet here!! I hope that everyone is doing well and just about finished with all their Christmas/holiday preparations.
(then you are all invited to come to my house and help me finish!!!!!!!!!) I am behind a bit, not hopelessly but behind nevertheless.
My eating has been fair- I have been better and I have been much worse. On a bright note, I did get my walks in and have been good with my water.
Gotta go and check one more site for some last minute shopping.
Stop in and post!!!!!
Take care,
Ginny
Old 12-18-2001, 12:22 AM   #13  

Hi again! It's me. My weekend went well. I strayed a bit yesterday but am in control today. So I feel good about it.
Hey if you need a great site to go to for last minute shopping try this one http://spryngs.iwonstores.com/ They have some great prices on stocking stuffers and such.
Well, I hope everyone else is doing great tonight!
Old 12-18-2001, 02:12 PM   #14  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Good to hear from you Spryng! If I remember from last December this was really quiet and picked up a bit with new friends and the return of old ones in January. (just so you do not think that this is always such a ghost town!) I am glad that your weekend went well, and that your eating is for the most part under control. It has to show up on the scale soon!
I did my WI this am, because tomorrow is busy for me. I lost another pound- which puts me at 159.5. 130-135 seems so far away........ but then I guess being that I started at 177- 178 I am almost half way there.

What should I do with my fatty clothes? I am at the point where some items look ridiculously big. Stuff that was worn a lot I will discard. Part of me wants to get rid of the fatty clothes (size 16-18) but the frugal half of me says to save them in case I gain again. Now that is a defeatist attitude, eh?
Gotta go watch Barbie and the Nutcracker! Today is Dd's birthday.
Have a great day.
Ginny
Old 12-18-2001, 03:45 PM   #15  

Throw those clothes in the garbage! It will make it more real to you. if you keep them around for "just in case I gain" then you will eventually! So throw them out. It will keep you on track knowing that if you slack off you'll be naked! So give them away or just throw them away. never the less get them out of your closet and make room for all the new clothes you'll be buying soon.
We have the same goals it seems. My best friend is getting married January 19th. I'm the matron of honor. So my goal for her wedding is 130. (my ultimate goal is 125, but we'll see) it seems like getting out of the 140's has been tough. I lost another lb. I'm now 141. So close yet so far away. What is your current size? I'm wearing 12's right now but they are getting really loose. But I'm not quite a 10 yet. I'm in the in between stage of sizes. It's terrible. But I'm getting excited. I'm only 2 lbs away from hitting the 130's. I can't remember the last time I was 130-135. I gained weight so fast that I blew by those. But this time I will enjoy it.
Well I hope all christmas shopping is just about done. The holiday will be over before you know it! If you need last minute gifts check out http://spryngs.iwonstores.com/ Lots of stuff on sale. Like stocking stuffers!
Hope to hear from more soon!
Closed Thread