Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-21-2007, 12:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/188/145

Height: 5'5''

Default 1lb shy of halfway, and I'm stalled!

OK, to be honest, I am not stalled. I am stalling myself. I am eating too much, not writing it (owning up to it) in my food journal. The only thing I have been good at is my excercise. But still.........
I'm starting down the road of "if only" If only I would have stayed on course I'd be close to my goal now. If only I didn't bake those cookies, brownies, cake.....If only I didn't buy those donuts, chips, popcorn.......

Help me get back on track! I've read where the midpoint is the most dangerous on any weightloss plan.....just enough success to let things start to slide, but still overweight enough to feel badly about it. UGH! I don't know what is worse, the damn sugar I've been eating or the inner dialogue telling me a) one cookie doesn't matter and b)now you've blown it, go ahead and the rest of them.

Anyone else deal with, well, themselves like this? Any advice? I don't want to fail again. I want to move forward and be proud of myself.
backtome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 12:35 PM   #2  

Just keep trying!

I had a small bag of those honey BBQ corn chips this morning, but I also ran a mile after that.
Notfatforlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 12:48 PM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey there! Well, you know what you need to do! That's clear from your post! I wonder what I can say that will "make" you do it...

OK, so what do you want? Do you want to give up NOW, after all your HARD WORK?? No, I didn't THINK so!

Step away from the cookies. Get those foods out of the house NOW. What part of NOW don't you understand?

What?? You're not writing it DOWN?? Well then what do you expect? C'mon now, you must stay accountable! Do you want to have to lose that weight AGAIN? I didn't think so.

whew... well I hope that helps.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 12:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/188/145

Height: 5'5''

Hey JayEll, do you think you can move into my house? I swear sometimes I need a good bu**kicking
You are right, I know what to do, I did it before. I just have to buckle down and do it again.
I'm going to the grocery store, and taking 4 kids with me. I will return without the types of goodies I love!!!!

It's good to know I'm not the only one who finds this hard
backtome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 03:04 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/145

Height: 5'7"

Backtome, I know exactly how you feel. I've been struggling through the midway point for a while and I've been stalled on weightloss again for the last two weeks. But I have found some things that helped. Last time I was on a really bad eating kick I started carrying a piece of paper in my pocket that asked two questions:

"Why do I want to eat this?"
"How will eating this make me feel?"

Every time I went for the ice cream I tried to ask myself these two questions. To be honest, it worked okay, but when stressed I still had the ice cream. Next time I think I would add one more question.

"What else can I eat that would be better for me?"

Also consider making a list of all the good reasons why you want to lose weight. Keep it in your pocket, hang it in the kitchen, tape it to the cookie jar. It will almost be as good as having JayEll around to yell at you
Romeos Girly is offline   Reply With Quote