3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   What do you think of Alli? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/115626-what-do-you-think-alli.html)

cmonamonamona 06-19-2007 01:04 PM

What do you think of Alli?

Any opinions on this new weight loss drug? I can't get much information from the web site because it looks like you have to buy the product first and then you can log on to get recipes and ideas.

The promotion says that a users will lose 50% more weight taking Alli with each meal because it blocks fat. I want to lose about 10 pounds so don't think it's recommended for me but it is so tempting.

Any opinons out there?

MAMA2CHUNKEYMONKEY 06-19-2007 01:09 PM

I am pretty sure the website also says to wear dark clothing and bring an extra set of clothing at all times because of 'anal leakage'. No thanks!

NightengaleShane 06-19-2007 01:16 PM

LOL...

ALLI is more a behavioral modification device than a simple fat burner, in my opinion. People will experience those disgusting side effects and have no desire to eat fat. Poor bowel control is enough to make almost anyone stay away from anything.

nelie 06-19-2007 01:23 PM

If you want the real numbers, Alli will absorb about 20-40 calories per meal that you take the pill. It depends on the number of fat grams that you eat at that meal as to how many calories it would absorb. It is definitely a behavioral modification pill more than anything else because the calories absorbed are pretty minimal.

It is also only recommended if you are obese, not to lose a few lbs.

gettingsmaller 06-19-2007 01:37 PM

Is this the same product as Xenical. I took that and had a few embarrasing moments. Never again.
Terrie

MAMA2CHUNKEYMONKEY 06-19-2007 01:40 PM

Yeah, I think it's 1/2 strength Xenical

Kery 06-19-2007 01:58 PM

Well...The 'oily discharges' alone are enough to make me stay far, far away from that. I'm much LESS at unease with my weight than with pooping my pants. :lol:

JayEll 06-19-2007 02:02 PM

I won't go near it! I don't care what FDA says! Why mess up a good thing? I'm doing fine without it, and from what I've read, it sounds like you STILL have to watch what you eat. They are making money off the desperate, which I think is pretty unethical.

:soap: ;)

Jay

SoulBliss 06-19-2007 02:15 PM

What do I think of it? I think it's a pill that forces your body to indiscriminately excrete (in a potentially embarrassing manner) a small percentage of the fats (good fats too!) you intake.

I think it's a bad idea.

I think that unless I was being PAID thousands of dollars to try it out, I would never take it. :o

LookingForHope 06-19-2007 02:32 PM

I picked up the package at Walmart, read the side effects, and put it back. No way, no way, no way! There were no packages gone from the display at that time, unless they had just restocked. I'm doing fine with my eating plan and the help I get from my friends at 3FC!

rockinrobin 06-19-2007 02:36 PM

Here is an informative sticky about it from the Does it Work Forum:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115217

There are also people on that forum who are currently using it and are giving their firsthand opinions of it.

Shayz 06-19-2007 10:03 PM

After doing a lot of reading about it, I started using it last Thursday. Since I had already lost about 20lbs by exercising and eating a low fat diet it seemed like a good addition to what I was already doing.

If you do decide to use the product it is essential that you eat no more than 15grams of fat with each meal or you do risk getting the negative side effects that everyone has been talking about. In my opinion that only encourages you to keep very close track of what you are eating, which should be done anyway.

Of course this isn't a miracle pill that is all the sudden going to make you lose weight without any effort. You still have to work hard to get results. I just see it as a little extra added boost.

As I said earlier, I started taking it last Thursday and haven't had any side effects at all. No mad dashes to the rest room. I figure I'll wait until next Thursday to update everyone on the amount of weight loss.

pinupdreams 06-20-2007 03:24 AM

the unvoluntary "movements" is what kept me away too.. i dont even want to try it.

Sunnigummi 06-20-2007 06:02 AM

I was just going to make a post saying "you need to wear dark pants!" but I saw someone upthread already beat me to it. After I got up off the floor from laughing, I thought it was pretty lame to advertise a drug that just makes you watch your calories and exercise. I mean c'mon. So basically, it's like a personal trainer in a pill who makes you poop without notice. Nasty.

Kilketay 06-20-2007 07:34 AM

It seems to me the pill makes you eat a low fat diet (which I'm already doing!) and then it eliminates the calories from 25% of the fat you eat. For me, that would only amount to 100-150 calories a day! So, it would speed up weight loss by 1 - 1 1/2 lb a month. I don't think it's worthwhile to pay $60 a month and take a pill three times a day to drop an extra pound a month.